Saucy Phone Talk?!

The teenage years. Friendships, crushes, growth... and hating. Lots of hating.

Moderators: Gisele Lagace, TCampbell

Forum rules
Penny and Aggie moved to http://www.pennyandaggie.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=1

Saucy Phone Talk?!

Postby CassSpaz on Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:52 am

Oh, Charisma. If only you could control your hormones, then we wouldn't be in this mess, would we?

Aggie, hang up -- quick!
CassSpaz
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ollie_Vera on Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:35 am

OH GOD NO

:o
Ollie_Vera
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby The Last Quidam on Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:37 am

Aggie, Aggie, Aggie.

This just spells troubles! She really should put down the phone. She coudl at least respect her father's privacy.
The Last Quidam
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Black Mantha on Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:58 am

Yes, she should. And there really is no good reason for her to keep listening, is there? But for some reason, I think she's going to do that anyway.
Seeing, believing
Dreaming, deceiving
- Nightwish, Sleepwalker
Black Mantha
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby RentACop on Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:12 am

Oh come on. The closest you get to thinking of your dad in a relationship in years is a "I might consider dating" chat a few days ago, and then you discover sweaty phone hijinks with a strange woman? If she listens in I'd completely understand. Of course, if she hangs up and takes a cleansing shower I'd understand as well. *shudders*

Besides, the strange beast Drama must be fed.
RentACop
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Mravac Kid on Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:13 pm

This... this is worrisome. :-/
Ride the Wild Wind - push the envelope, don't sit on the fence
Ride the Wild Wind - live life on the razor's edge
For reasons unknown, I have a LiveJournal - now featuring the Webcomic Pimping Series!
Mravac Kid
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kuroinu on Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:29 pm

Maybe Aggie needed to use the phone to call Lisa, or Helen or something and heard her named dropped in the conversation. It doesn't seem like she'd just pick it up for no reason. Frankly, if I accidentally (or purposely) butted in on a conversation that stated "she won't hear a thing" I'd be almost enticed to listen.

I can't really blame Aggie for listening. Disrespecting her dad's privacy? Yeaaaa, mebbe... But I still can't blame her.
Kuroinu
Junior Keenspotter

Postby GreenKore on Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:11 pm

I think Aggie's dad should have bit the bullet and told her already. He may have his right to privacy, but he has the responsibility of treating his daughter fairly.
GreenKore
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Saucy Phone Talk?!

Postby JK9000 on Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:12 pm

CassSpaz wrote:Oh, Charisma. If only you could control your hormones, then we wouldn't be in this mess, would we?

The hell she need to control her hormones for? It's a private conversation.

Aggie really, really, really should hang up, by any sense of common courtesy.

...but she won't. And I'm not so sure I wouldn't do the same.
JK9000
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby GreenKore on Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:29 pm

Yeah, but it's still not fair for her father to sneak around like that.
GreenKore
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby LeonardC on Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:36 pm

GreenKore wrote:

Yeah, but it's still not fair for her father to sneak around like that.

What is this "sneaking around" business? He's told her that he wants to start dating again, which is important. He doesn't have to tell her about everything that happens. You think Aggie would be telling him about all her boyfriends, if she had them??

Charisma hasn't done anything wrong. Nick hasn't done anything wrong. Aggie is doing something wrong, but something that's very, very difficult to resist doing. I agree with y'all that in her situation I'd probably keep holding onto the phone, despite knowing it's wrong. I'd feel really good about myself if I managed to put it down, though...
LeonardC
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ivy-chan on Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:37 pm

How is he sneaking around? He just told her that he's dating someone, and it's not like they're doing anything illegal or potentially dangerous to Aggie. He's talking on his own phone. It's perfectly fair of him to pursue a romantic and sexual relationship and to not want Aggie to hear stuff that may just be R-rated. ^_~

It's not right for Aggie to listen on other people's phone calls, but like it's been said, it's something that people can't help but be tempted to do. I just hope she doesn't hear something that'll make it impossible to look her dad in the face for a week.
ivy-chan
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby TheTeague on Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:06 pm

ivy-chan wrote:It's not right for Aggie to listen on other people's phone calls, but like it's been said, it's something that people can't help but be tempted to do. I just hope she doesn't hear something that'll make it impossible to look her dad in the face for a week.

Already having the fact that he IS dating finally hitting her will be enough for her to feel awkward around him for a bit. But the sadist in me hopes it's somethin' really juicy, like involving "toys" and role playing ideas that would be normally innocent enough to hear in normal conversation, but would freak her out 'cause of the new kinky connotations that Aggie wont be able to get out of her head.
"What's the matter, Aggie. I thought you liked carrots?"
TheTeague
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby StarKruzr on Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:57 am

Jesus, it's her DAD. Does she really WANT to know?!
~'Kruzr, CI

FLEET: For Honor, Courage, and Really Big Guns.

Urban's Quills - Stay Sharp
StarKruzr
Keenspot Despot

Postby 3v1l l337 on Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:18 am

TheTeague wrote:Already having the fact that he IS dating finally hitting her will be enough for her to feel awkward around him for a bit. But the sadist in me hopes it's somethin' really juicy, like involving "toys" and role playing ideas that would be normally innocent enough to hear in normal conversation, but would freak her out 'cause of the new kinky connotations that Aggie wont be able to get out of her head.

It would be awesome is Charisma called Aggie's Dad "Daddy"!

Man, thats a serious serving of RoflWaffle.
3v1l l337
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Kitsuiko on Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:50 am

If she listens, I think it's reasonable -- she wants to know more about this woman her dad told her that he's seeing.

Her father's told her he's seeing someone now; and further as Charisma doesn't hate Aggie I see no problem with him.

I think the problem comes up if she has moral indignation that her father has a relationship that could be or is sexual. Until then, while she probably should hang up the phone, a little bit of curiousity about the woman is understandable.

That said... I really don't think she wants to hear what's going to be said..
Kitsuiko
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby isobel on Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:48 am

Yeah, the impression I got is that the phone rang and Aggie grabbed it, unaware that her dad had picked up in his office. She hears a woman, and she either figures it's a teacher calling about something she's done (The flyers she and Lisa are handing out, maybe. We already know the other teachers tell him about his daughter, and after the last incident with the principal, Aggie's probably paranoid), or she's curious about who's talking to him. Let's face it, usually things people don't want you to hear are things you need to hear, for a variety of reasons. Is what she's doing "right?" No. Is it human and it it completely understandable? Yes. Let's cut her a break for once, because she's just being human.

In a similar vein, I don't think anyone should be yelling at Nick about this. Sure, he waited to tell Aggie, but I think he wanted to make sure this was a stable, ongoing relationship before introducing them. And here, he's still trying to push for honesty while Charisma has her sights set on seducing him. I think Nick's going about this the right way, and I can only hope the other characters see that.
isobel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Freemage on Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:22 pm

Honestly, all is good so long as Aggie can remember the old adage, "Eavesdroppers rarely hear anything they actually want to hear."

And let's face it, part of it is probably a deer-in-the-headlights sort of freeze. Intellectually, she knows that adults have sex. But there's a HUGE difference between knowing that fact as a fact, and being confronted with the emotional reality that your parents are sexual beings, as well; this is especially true, of course, when you're still trying to figure out what your own views on the matter are.

EDIT: And I'm a bad man, because when I went back to the comic to continue my Keentrawl, my eyes alighted on the line, "Aggie just came in the living room," and my mind went straight for the gutter at Warp 7.
Freemage
Keenspot Despot

Postby quitejaded on Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:26 pm

If I were Aggie, I would soooo listen in too because I'm that nosey. But if she makes any sort of fuss at all then she's just being a little bitch.

Man, that lady is so gross. POP QUIZZES so my teacher can go have a quickie sex? EW! Gosh! I would be sooo pissed off if I was his student.
quitejaded
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby quitejaded on Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:28 pm

3v1l l337 wrote:
TheTeague wrote:Already having the fact that he IS dating finally hitting her will be enough for her to feel awkward around him for a bit. But the sadist in me hopes it's somethin' really juicy, like involving "toys" and role playing ideas that would be normally innocent enough to hear in normal conversation, but would freak her out 'cause of the new kinky connotations that Aggie wont be able to get out of her head.

It would be awesome is Charisma called Aggie's Dad "Daddy"!

Man, thats a serious serving of RoflWaffle.

Haha! Lollercopter. :3
quitejaded
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby kash on Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:15 pm

can someone please reassure me that I'm not the only person who's noticed that Charisma appears to be somewhere PUBLIC about to have phone sex with Aggie's daddeh?
I distinctly see a tree and grass, and I'm going to assume - since it seems nothing about this comic is incidental, that it's not her backyard. :-|
THANKS FO' THA PIZZAH, HOMESLICE!
kash
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Saucy Phone Talk?!

Postby CassSpaz on Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:59 pm

JK9000 wrote:
CassSpaz wrote:Oh, Charisma. If only you could control your hormones, then we wouldn't be in this mess, would we?

The hell she need to control her hormones for? It's a private conversation.

She's not doing anything wrong, but it's not the greatest idea to keep on pushing for phone-sex while her partner is trying to have a respectful talk about their relationship.

Especially when he says "No, stop, my daughter is coming in the living room."
CassSpaz
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby JK9000 on Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:19 pm

CassSpaz wrote:She's not doing anything wrong, but it's not the greatest idea to keep on pushing for phone-sex while her partner is trying to have a respectful talk about their relationship.

Especially when he says "No, stop, my daughter is coming in the living room."

True 'nuff.

kash wrote:can someone please reassure me that I'm not the only person who's noticed that Charisma appears to be somewhere PUBLIC about to have phone sex with Aggie's daddeh?
I distinctly see a tree and grass, and I'm going to assume - since it seems nothing about this comic is incidental, that it's not her backyard. :-|

http://www.pennyandaggie.com/d/20060913.html

Seems like she just wandered off the road and figured it'd be an ideal spot for phone sex. Also, is it my imagination, or is she begining to undress in the first panel?
JK9000
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby LeonardC on Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:28 pm

So wait a minute... Nick is a university professor, right? So why does he need to leave class for sex? It's not like high school where you could be teaching 9 to 5. A professor actually teaches for between 6 and 12 hours a week; most of the rest of the time is spent on preparing the classes, on grading, and on research. He could take the time out of those much more easily, without having to worry about getting caught for it.
LeonardC
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Black Mantha on Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:48 pm

...no, he's a highschool teacher. Aggie's highschool. It says so on the cast page. And they don't give pop-quizzes at universities.
Seeing, believing
Dreaming, deceiving
- Nightwish, Sleepwalker
Black Mantha
Keenspotter Supreme

Next

Return to Penny and Aggie