OMG, Charisma has a KID!

The teenage years. Friendships, crushes, growth... and hating. Lots of hating.

Moderators: Gisele Lagace, TCampbell

Forum rules
Penny and Aggie moved to http://www.pennyandaggie.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=1

OMG, Charisma has a KID!

Postby Karasuma on Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:41 am

Aggies dad says "You should meet Aggie, and I should meet..." but he gets cut off. Logically speaking, with a sentence that starts like that, it probably means she has a kid.

Want to go by hair colour? We finally get to meet Cyndi, OR she's Karen's mum. (unlikely, since she doesn't seem to have that motherly air about her when it comes to the Karen.) MIGHT be Marshal's! Wouldn't that be fabby with Aggie and Marshal's parents dating, and therefore they're THRUST together? No pun intended, since he's doing unknown things in the shower right now.

When I first read the line, my boyfriend was sitting beside me and jumped nearly two feet when I gasped. "What!?" I explained that she might have a kid, and he gave me the STRANGEST look and said "The soap opera continues..." Who needs days of our lives when you've got webcomics? Moves about the same pace, but there's less of the glassy eyed closeups and fuzzy filter camera.
Sleep, that's where I'm a Viking!
Karasuma
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Chrysee on Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:12 am

I'm glad someone else noted what was being said when he was cut off too, although I really have no clue who this supposed child may be :/
Chrysee
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby S. Edmund on Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:44 am

my reaction to this comic was "holy crap, she doesn't know he has a daughter?!" since she says "oh, you've told you're students about me?" I mean, I see how it could easily be taken as she has a kid, but I don't see it. she doesn't...seem like a mother. I don't know.

but I really hope Marshal isn't her son. there's enough material with marshal right now without throwing him and aggie together into one big happy family.
S. Edmund
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Archon Divinus on Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:45 pm

But we know she knows about Aggie
http://www.pennyandaggie.com/d/20060605.html
Archon Divinus
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby GreenKore on Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:41 pm

Cyndi seems like a pretty likely choice, actually, but I'm waiting for a curve ball.
GreenKore
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby isobel on Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:55 pm

Weeerll, I can see three possibilities here: first, Cyndi. She's basically a mini-Charisma, and it kind of would account for her presence (prominence?) in Friday's strip. Second, Marshall. They're both glossy, dark beauty-queen types, and he could have inherited his fondness for working out (as well as maybe his paranoia about relying on oneself, if Charisma is as flighty and predatory as she looks). Third, Karen. That would account for her copious amount of body-image issues, and maybe the curious absence of any parent figures in her life. There's always the curveball option of there not being a kid/her kid not being one we've seen, but I'm not betting on it. I feel it is Cyndi and it definitely isn't Marshall, but that's just my $0.02.
isobel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby kash on Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:57 pm

I was going to make a crack about it being sara, but then i realized we've already seen her parents.
THANKS FO' THA PIZZAH, HOMESLICE!
kash
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby seh on Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:17 pm

Random guess, but I think it means Marshal. (But not as her kid.)

But like I said, random guess. I'm not putting a whole lot of thought into this one.
seh
Junior Keenspotter

Postby snowp14 on Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:39 pm

I think that T just did that to throw us off. I bet it's some other relative of Charisma's. Maybe Marshall is a nephew, younger brother, or cousin that she took in or something. But I really think that Marshall is who Nick is talking about.

Then again, http://www.pennyandaggie.com/d/20050209.html . Aggie did mention his name to her dad in this arc. Marshall's not that common of a name. Unless Nick forgot Aggie's crush's name, I'm sure it would've at least crossed his mind whether this Marshall is the same one Aggie liked. So hey, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Cyndi.

And I reallyyy doubt it's Karen. I'm sure she would've stopped by that gym tons of times and seen Marshall if she was. In the "Weights" arc, it seemed like her first time at that gym and her first time seeing Marshall.
snowp14
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby isobel on Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:37 pm

I seem to remember Karen living with her grandparents, but I could be hallucinating. Anyone able to confirm or deny? Also, if Charisma is her mom, maybe she lived with her dad because he had custody or something.
isobel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Pope William T Wodium on Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:46 pm

S. Edmund wrote:my reaction to this comic was "holy crap, she doesn't know he has a daughter?!" since she says "oh, you've told you're students about me?"

I think she's responding to his line, "I don't want to keep sneaking around . . . Now, I've already laid the groundwork - " he's just finished talking about pop quizes, and by "laying the groundwork" for ceasing to "sneak around," she assumes he means he's 'fessed up to his students.
Pope William T Wodium, Lord of Odium, Poo-Bah of Podium, Sultan of Sodium, Prince of Rhodium, and the Eldest of that Name
-><-
As a Pope, I reserve the right to invoke infallibility at any time, including retroactively.
Pope William T Wodium
Keenspot Despot

Postby malicemarmalade on Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:36 am

Uh. Wouldn't he already see Marshall if he works out in the gym?
malicemarmalade
Junior Keenspotter

...hhmmmm....

Postby Sassy-fras on Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:26 am

Just wonderin'...do we know anything about Rich's parents? Could Charisma be his mama? O_o It'd explain a lot...the mystery of his family and her non-chalant "I so am not your stereotypical mom" air. Just a guess though.
Marco: Maybe if you showed Dr. Zaius the proper respect, Dr. Zaius would stop showing you the POO! -Josie and the Pussycats-
Sassy-fras
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby GreenKore on Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:55 am

I had a paranoid thought. What if the reason Charisma is so keen on sneaking around (if I'm not misreading the latest strip) is that she's married and Aggie's dad doesn't know? It seems like a big jump, however, and would pretty much drive the whole comic into soap opera territory.
GreenKore
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby GreenKore on Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:59 am

do we know anything about Rich's parents? Could Charisma be his mama? O_o

That...would make a lot of sense, actually, and it would end up pretty weird and awkward for Aggie, especially if Rich found out their parental units were dating, first.

Agh! I'm already making up a whole storyline in my head! Quick! Where's the P&A fanfiction archive? :-?
GreenKore
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Yuko no Slayer-Dryad on Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:35 am

It's also possible that both Cyndi and Marshall are Charisma's younger siblings and Nick was asking to be introduced to Cyndi who he hasn't seen. She does share Marshall and Charisma's feathery raven hair and perfect-10 good looks.

Charisma being Marshall's big sister would explain her letting Karen know he was showering with that grin on her face without making their family look quite as dysfuctional. Their parents gave them a rather boy scout upbringing, something happens to said parents, Charisma, the wild child of the family has to become the guardian of her baby brother and sister due to being the oldest and the only adult. When older siblings have to substitute for their parents to their younger siblings, the transition rarely renovates their relationship with their younger siblings. Charisma seems to have a rather forward outlook to romantic relationships and probably saw Karen, her brothers girlfriend, as a way to nudge Marshall into coming out of his shell. However, it also worth saying that having his tart big sister act as his guardian yet still behave like she aways did may be the very reason Marshall's become so emotionally distant in the first place.

I'll also say that the possibility that Charisma is still married and using Nick to cheat on her husband is a very plausible possibility.
If a man is right about something, and no one agrees with him and he is unable to put his truth into benificial action beyond mere principle, does it really matter whether he's right or not?
Yuko no Slayer-Dryad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ollie_Vera on Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:38 pm

Yuko no Slayer-Dryad wrote:I'll also say that the possibility that Charisma is still married and using Nick to cheat on her husband is a very plausible possibility.

I find the likelihood that Nick would ever get involved in something like that very low. I don't think he'd be so...loving, I guess is the word, with Charisma once she'd tell him about what was really going on between him and her and him.
Ollie_Vera
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Bubb Lee on Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:14 pm

I bet it's Cyndi as we're supposed to be seeing more of her (not that we've seen her at all). Also if it is her. She and Aggie might hit it off and hang out at school which would further confuse Penny.

Or it's someone else. ^.^;
Bubb Lee
Junior Keenspotter

And now for the curveball...

Postby Papuasblya on Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:24 pm

We haven't seen Duane's mother anywhere else yet, have we?
Three generations of imbeciles is enough.
Papuasblya
Keenspotter Supreme

... and I doubt Charisma is married

Postby Papuasblya on Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:29 pm

It's clear there's someone that Charisma has not introduced Nick to, but it's also clear that Nick knows this person exists: "And I should meet...". How likely is it that Nick would have ended that sentence "... your husband, the guy we have been cuckolding, I'm sure the three of us are going to get along GREAT."
Three generations of imbeciles is enough.
Papuasblya
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ollie_Vera on Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:36 am

You are the first person I've heard use "cuckolding" in a sentence. Win.

edit* oh noes top of the page. Joke is lost.
Ollie_Vera
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby quitejaded on Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:33 pm

lol, are you... flamboyant or something? "Fabby"? Haha!
quitejaded
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby NoUse on Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:21 pm

isobel wrote:Third, Karen. That would account for her copious amount of body-image issues, and maybe the curious absence of any parent figures in her life.

But we know from the Weights arc that Karen and Charisma met at the gym at the same time that Karen met Marshall.

http://www.pennyandaggie.com/d/20050916.html
In business, as in politics, the public is ever so tolerant of those who slime. - Practical Demonkeeping - Christopher Moore
NoUse
Junior Keenspotter

Re: ...hhmmmm....

Postby Cookie on Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:29 am

Sassy-fras wrote:Just wonderin'...do we know anything about Rich's parents? Could Charisma be his mama? O_o It'd explain a lot...the mystery of his family and her non-chalant "I so am not your stereotypical mom" air. Just a guess though.

Heh, I was thinking of posting that very guess too.

I can also see how Cyndi might be a sibling of either Marshall or Rich.
Image Image
Cookie
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby taotu on Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:55 pm

Yeah, my money's on her being Marshall's mom. Maybe the gym's a family business?

Oh ye lords, though, that'd be awkward. You know your talking point with the guy you hope to be your future boyfriend is going to fail if it involves the concept of your parents sleeping together. :lol:
taotu
Keenspotter Supreme

Next

Return to Penny and Aggie