What? What? WHAT? (9/13)

The teenage years. Friendships, crushes, growth... and hating. Lots of hating.

Moderators: Gisele Lagace, TCampbell

Forum rules
Penny and Aggie moved to http://www.pennyandaggie.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=1

What? What? WHAT? (9/13)

Postby SAGG on Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:19 am

What's gonna happen next?! :o There's so much going on, I'm left biting my nails! :lol: The biggest thing (No pun intended, mind you! :evilgrin: ) I'm looking forward to is Marshall and Karen's little shower encounter. Geez, she's already made her way in there, for cryin' out loud! :o For the moment, Marshall appears very surprised. I'm tempted to say he's ticked off, but I can't be certain. A wet and naked girlfriend suddenly coming in the shower, I'm sad to say, might be too much for him... :(
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: What? What? WHAT? (9/13)

Postby Eldrad on Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:25 am

SAGG wrote:A wet and naked girlfriend suddenly coming in the shower
I choose to believe this wording is deliberate.
First hint: I am not your friend.
Eldrad
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Sebastian on Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:42 am

There is no way in all the seven hells that this could end well. :(
Sebastian
Keenspot Despot

Re: What? What? WHAT? (9/13)

Postby SAGG on Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:45 am

Eldrad wrote:
SAGG wrote:A wet and naked girlfriend suddenly coming in the shower
I choose to believe this wording is deliberate.

:lol: No, I certainly assure you that it's not!
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Buggy on Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:12 am

now, if the genders were revered and Karl and Michelle insteald of Karen and Marshal, how completely unnacceptable and borderline rapist would this be found.

Oh the difference gender makes in whats societally acceptable.
Buggy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby isobel on Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:03 am

Buggy wrote:now, if the genders were revered and Karl and Michelle insteald of Karen and Marshal, how completely unnacceptable and borderline rapist would this be found.

Augh, yes, this is exactly what bugs me here! She's trying to jump him for, what, the third time we've seen? God only knows what goes on beyond the scenes. This shower thing is just a little over the top to me. Way, way uncool.
isobel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby kash on Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:39 am

yeah, what Karen is doing actually offends me a little.
before this, I still had some respect for her, but now...

If and when Marshall wants to do it with you, honey, he'll let you know.
God knows he already knows you want to. :x
THANKS FO' THA PIZZAH, HOMESLICE!
kash
Keenspotter Supreme

ugh...

Postby Sassy-fras on Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:32 am

*shakes head* Forceful people bug me. Whether male or female. Karen really needs to learn some self-control. Okay, be normal and desire your boyfriend...but don't force yourself on him. Especially if he's resisting you so much. I highly doubt he's going to be eager to oblige her advances, not just because of his past refusals, but because there's lots of people in the locker rooms. While some guys might find that exciting, Marshall doesn't strike me as the bold exhibitionist type.

*big wide eyes on Michelle and Stan* Why does his expression scare me?
Wah! *hides under a blankey...waiting for the outcome!* Cliffhangers...ack!
Marco: Maybe if you showed Dr. Zaius the proper respect, Dr. Zaius would stop showing you the POO! -Josie and the Pussycats-
Sassy-fras
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Tarlia on Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:20 am

Buggy wrote:now, if the genders were revered and Karl and Michelle insteald of Karen and Marshal, how completely unnacceptable and borderline rapist would this be found.

This is true. Of course, Karen is smaller and weaker and can't actually really rape (in the reversed scenario, the male would be much more of an actual "threat"), but her being in there without his consent in the first place is a violation, and if she starts touching and whatever it's sexual harassment/assault. It's the absence of the "threat" that makes it more socially acceptable, but I certainly agree that's not right.

I don't see Marshall reporting her or anything, but he's not going to appreciate this. I'm curious about the other happenings too, hopefully at least one of them will turn out positive. :p
Tarlia
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby L-ren on Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:40 am

going to have some happy fun time in the shower with your boyfriend is one thing. Going to have happy fun time in the shower with your boyfriend while you're in a change room full of naked men is another. Can someone say 'triple penetration'? :lol:
L-ren
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby kash on Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:01 pm

L-ren wrote:going to have some happy fun time in the shower with your boyfriend is one thing. Going to have happy fun time in the shower with your boyfriend while you're in a change room full of naked men is another. Can someone say 'triple penetration'? :lol:
blauuuugh.
thank you for the grossest thing I've heard since... um... that last story I heard about deviant sex acts. which was only last thursday.
Man, thanks for the grossest thing I've heard since last thursday. :gonk:
THANKS FO' THA PIZZAH, HOMESLICE!
kash
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Sebastian on Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:04 pm

L-ren wrote:going to have some happy fun time in the shower with your boyfriend is one thing. Going to have happy fun time in the shower with your boyfriend while you're in a change room full of naked men is another. Can someone say 'triple penetration'? :lol:

Kidding aside that they are at Marshall's workplace (and with other people present) only make things worse, like I said there is no way that this could end well.
Sebastian
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kia Purity on Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:36 pm

Oy. *slaps forehead*

Karen just doesn't get it, does she? Ah, she's nothing more than a slave to her hormones... sigh.

Definitely will blow up or lead to something that she'd probably regret later on in the future, who knows?

This is definitely a nailbiting cliffhanger. X_x
Kia Purity
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Freemage on Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:18 pm

Okay, I HAD thought that the gym was pretty much empty (hence, Karen being told to 'lock up'). IF she were in a relationship that already included sex (or even if the subject was something still considered 'up in the air') then this would be a pretty decent attempt at opening the door.

But as is? Nuh-uh, no way, forget it.

On the gender roles, it's worth noting that one common complaint from feminists about the recent movie "My Super Ex-Girlfriend" was that it includes a scene that, if the roles had been reversed, would have been only described as rape, but that because it was a woman doing it to a man, it was comedy.

Interesting that everyone gave a pass to Dad's girlfriend being into phone foreplay while walking on a public path.
Freemage
Keenspot Despot

Postby The Last Quidam on Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:19 pm

I think she's just desperate right here. She dying to know that Marshall loves her! It's completely natural but at the same time, she's going over the edge with this stunt she's pulling.
The Last Quidam
Junior Keenspotter

Postby S. Edmund on Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:34 pm

that is borderline crazy right there. if I were showering in a public place and my significant other just popped in I'd be pissed like woah. the fact that this is the first time they've been in an intimate moment isn't helping much either. if the next script is someone else's scene...

god, that dress is awful.
S. Edmund
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ollie_Vera on Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:56 pm

Oh, Karen. *shakes head* Karen, Karen, Karen.
Ollie_Vera
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby StarKruzr on Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:09 pm

No, it isn't crazy. Don't you people have any sense of adventure?

What is with this bizarre and oft-repeated concept in this forum of a red-blooded American teenage male being "scandalized" by HIS GIRLFRIEND coming into the shower with him?

If Marshall is reacting like this, he either has the sex drive of a brick or is gay. Sorry, kids. No way around it. In either case, Karen shouldn't be with him. I think THAT much is becoming abundantly clear: they are extremely poorly matched.
~'Kruzr, CI

FLEET: For Honor, Courage, and Really Big Guns.

Urban's Quills - Stay Sharp
StarKruzr
Keenspot Despot

Postby SAGG on Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:30 pm

StarKruzr wrote:No, it isn't crazy. Don't you people have any sense of adventure?

What is with this bizarre and oft-repeated concept in this forum of a red-blooded American teenage male being "scandalized" by HIS GIRLFRIEND coming into the shower with him?

If Marshall is reacting like this, he either has the sex drive of a brick or is gay. Sorry, kids. No way around it. In either case, Karen shouldn't be with him. I think THAT much is becoming abundantly clear: they are extremely poorly matched.

Yes, and on that LAST part, I couldn't agree with you more. On the FIRST part, I couldn't disagree with you more. :D Marshall's trying to respect Karen, who doesn't seem to appreciate this. "Adventure", indeed. Why is it that we're having an issue or two concerning Stan and Michelle possibly doing something that might turn out in a "bad" way, but when it comes to Marshall and Karen, it's "different"? :-? Case in point: Karen KNOWS that Marshall ain't wearing a condom... :o
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Sebastian on Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:34 pm

The Last Quidam wrote:I think she's just desperate right here. She dying to know that Marshall loves her! It's completely natural but at the same time, she's going over the edge with this stunt she's pulling.

Well, at least now she can see if he is at least interested. ;)
Sebastian
Keenspot Despot

Postby StarKruzr on Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:15 pm

SAGG wrote:Yes, and on that LAST part, I couldn't agree with you more. On the FIRST part, I couldn't disagree with you more. :D Marshall's trying to respect Karen, who doesn't seem to appreciate this. "Adventure", indeed. Why is it that we're having an issue or two concerning Stan and Michelle possibly doing something that might turn out in a "bad" way, but when it comes to Marshall and Karen, it's "different"? :-? Case in point: Karen KNOWS that Marshall ain't wearing a condom... :o

I have no issues with Stan and Michelle. I think they're going to surprise each other. Besides, they haven't even started yet. Karen and Marshall have been going out for months. Of course it's different.

And this doesn't have to result in sex. Showertime together can be incredibly erotic with no sex involved.
~'Kruzr, CI

FLEET: For Honor, Courage, and Really Big Guns.

Urban's Quills - Stay Sharp
StarKruzr
Keenspot Despot

Postby kokutan on Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:32 pm

StarKruzr wrote:And this doesn't have to result in sex. Showertime together can be incredibly erotic with no sex involved.

True as that may be, somehow I don't think that's what Karen has in mind.
Well, it made sense in my head.
kokutan
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ivy-chan on Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:41 pm

I dislike the assumption that if a young male is presented with a naked young woman, all rational thought goes completely out the window and everything escalates to sex, and if this does not happen, the young man is clearly gay. (Leaving out asexual altogether, which embitters me in a different way.) Marshall has made his feelings on this matter as clear as possible, he doesn't want to have sex, he doesn't think he is ready. Shockingly, I knew a few guys in high school who were going to be celibate until marriage. They're rare, but they're around, and still amazingly not gay.

Now, Marshall may just get an erection, or he may be angry enough that it won't happen until later, but physical responses aside, his mind might very well be in charge enough to tell her to get out. He can be morally offended, betrayed, hurt, and/or angry without being gay. He has standards of behavior, and that's fine. Let him react as a person, and not as the stereotypical image of a hormone-driven teen.
ivy-chan
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ollie_Vera on Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:18 pm

I agree with ivy-chan. I know quite a few guys who would be more shocked that their girlfriend surprised them in the shower, naked, and they're high school guys like Marshall.

Well, not like Marshall, but they're high school guys as well. More horny, less super-nice, but still would be like, "What the hell, lady!?"
Ollie_Vera
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Kaymcc on Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:23 pm

Dammit. Poor Karen. :( C'mon Marshall, don't tell me that you draw the line at *ANY* kind of nudity-together-ness whatsoever? Argh. Boy's got more issues than I thought.
Kaymcc
Keenspotter Supreme

Next

Return to Penny and Aggie