Oh, Michelle

The teenage years. Friendships, crushes, growth... and hating. Lots of hating.

Moderators: Gisele Lagace, TCampbell

Forum rules
Penny and Aggie moved to http://www.pennyandaggie.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=1

Postby GreenKore on Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:07 pm

GreenKore, hot damn! Where the heck did you get all that?

*shrug* Hints of Michelle's background through out the comic, and stuff. Her family is going through financial difficulties.
GreenKore
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Goatfish on Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:36 pm

I don't think Michelle is just being a sheep here-- she really really really wants a boy.
http://www.pennyandaggie.com/d/20060515.html

Also, she may be experiencing financial difficulties, but she could've found a dress without a stomach hole if she'd wanted to. That was a style choice.
Goatfish
Junior Keenspotter

Postby isobel on Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:14 pm

Anyone else here totally pulling for Michelle? Not necessarily that she get laid, although I don't think it'd be doom and gloom if she did, but that she'll manage time with Stan gracefully and something'll finally work out for her. I don't think it's entirely implausible, since Stan's insecure enough deep down (I guess this is just a theory of mine on why he's such a people pleaser) to understand Michelle, and she's supportive enough to mesh with someone who tends to be a standout. Stan, IMO, plays because he's expected to be a player (and sure, it's fun), but could have a stable and decent relationship with the right gal. I think Michelle just might be her.

C'mon, guys. Go to town on this, I know you wanna. XD
isobel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby JackFairy on Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:48 pm

I think Michelle is adorable here, in that clueless puppy way. I hope she and Stan have a good time, whatever that might mean for them.
JackFairy
Keenspotter Supreme

Yeah, I'm a little behind Michelle...sorta...

Postby Sassy-fras on Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:40 am

Like I posted in another topic...Stan's expression scares me a bit. I'm probably not reading it like everyone else. He seems a little...hungry, if that's the right word to use. I don't know, maybe Michelle finds that exciting, but considering this will be her first time (assumption of course), shouldn't the hungry expression scare her. Just a bit? I seriously hope things go well with them...*blinks and resumes hiding under blankey*
Marco: Maybe if you showed Dr. Zaius the proper respect, Dr. Zaius would stop showing you the POO! -Josie and the Pussycats-
Sassy-fras
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby kash on Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:38 am

I just thought of it as 'self-satisfied' and even looking back, i don't see 'hungry'. at least not in the way you seem to mean.
THANKS FO' THA PIZZAH, HOMESLICE!
kash
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby isobel on Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:11 pm

Okay...I think her line to Stan is joking, just a funny/confident way to get into the serious side of things. I don't think Michelle is sleeping with Stan just to tick off her father; she seems to really want him. But of course, people will disagree rabidly, and I wanna her it. :)
isobel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby taotu on Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:56 pm

Today's comic made me laugh out loud... that's quite the line, right there. Coupled with the classy flashing of her boobs, no less.

This storyline rocks the party. :D
taotu
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Kaymcc on Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:33 am

I love her big grin. :D She seems to be having fun, good for her!
Kaymcc
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby StarKruzr on Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:08 am

isobel wrote:Okay...I think her line to Stan is joking, just a funny/confident way to get into the serious side of things. I don't think Michelle is sleeping with Stan just to tick off her father; she seems to really want him. But of course, people will disagree rabidly, and I wanna her it. :)

I hope you're right, but it seems to be waaay too close to the truth for my comfort.
~'Kruzr, CI

FLEET: For Honor, Courage, and Really Big Guns.

Urban's Quills - Stay Sharp
StarKruzr
Keenspot Despot

Postby isobel on Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:54 pm

StarKruzr, I hope so too. What is probably a more realistic look at it is that she really does want Stan, and that's her big motivator, but she wouldn't exactly be all broken up if Daddy got mad about what she's going to do. I think she's still pursuing Stan for Stan's sake, but there's a little family feud mixed in as well.
isobel
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Stella Polaris on Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:00 pm

That dress made me feel a bit weird. Seriously, what 16-year-old girl wears something like that? I'm almost 19, and I wouldn't wear that. I wouldn't say it's slutty or anything like that, but it is a sort of a "grown-up" dress. And even then, how many grown-ups can pull off wearing something like that?
Stella Polaris
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ria on Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:08 pm

Did she wear it in public? Looks like lingerie to me. Not surprising as lingerie if so :)
ria
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby daanton on Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:43 am

Still think she's not desperate to simply get laid, eh?
daanton
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

re: the virgin question (because somebody had to do it)

Postby ARETH on Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:59 am

Well, she isn't any more.

I'm curious as to why Stan feels guilty about this (if I'm reading this right and he is, in fact, feeling guilty about having taken advantage of her this way). I haven't seen enough of his character that indicates he would have remorse about this, but it could be that up to this point all of his conquests have had some experience in the game. Hopefully we'll see a little more in the next strip.
ARETH
Keenspotter Supreme

Previous

Return to Penny and Aggie