He's back!

They aren't really LAWS of physics. They're more like... suggestions.

Moderator: TheTeague

He's back!

Postby josieweirdo on Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:00 am

On the 12th day of christmas, Teague gave to us; one Mad About U a-updating!

*bricked*

But it's true nonetheless. Appereantly, we got a christmas-update and the message that Teague is back. I'd like a few things; to wish him back, ask what occupied him for so long and request him to read trough the forum to see our replies since he left without a notice.

Now, don't make this a thread of angry replies but what do you want to say here, all not-related-to-christmas? Welcome back, wishes for the future, curiosity as why a hiatus started or the like? Type it here
josieweirdo
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby TheTeague on Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:05 am

Wow, someone's still checking up after all this time! I put a whole load of info up on the index page after going through all the forum posts I missed.

Again, incredibly sorry about abandoning everyone.
TheTeague
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Grantwhy on Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:16 am

?

you weren't updating?

and now you will be :D

that evens things up in my book.

welcome back and a (late) Happy Christmas and a (just in time) Merry New Year.
Grantwhy
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Scientivore on Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:06 am

Holy Bunsen Burners! You folks are still here?!?! I just put up the first comic in a YEAR of nothing two days ago and haven't even told anyone, let alone advertised the return! Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. I seriously don't deserve you guys!

Heh, I cheated. I use Piperka, and I'm one of the 16 people who get notified of your updates.
Avatar by NJ Huff of Emergency Exit
Scientivore
Keenspotter Supreme

Still here

Postby Fourmyle on Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:41 am

Wow, two new posts.
Fourmyle
Junior Keenspotter

BACK!

Postby Stretch Longfellow on Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:59 am

I had been checking back about every month or so and thought that today, after over a year, there might finally be something. And there was! Welcome back!
"So, Grimm, what did you do when you were trapped in that cathedral for hundreds of years?"
"Let's put it this way. I owe Varowin a lot of poker chips." ~Outtakes from The Ledger Story
Stretch Longfellow
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby jehan413 on Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:16 am

I just check this long list of web comics daily. If it wasn't for winter break, I might not have caught it.
jehan413
Junior Keenspotter

Postby whelmich on Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:49 pm

Well, I guess putting this on my "Mostly dead" list instead of deleting it was the right thing to do! :)
whelmich
Junior Keenspotter

Postby sethaburton on Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:19 pm

Hurray, the Teague is back.

Did he get any new hats over the holidays?
Middle name's Andrew.
sethaburton
Junior Keenspotter

Postby josieweirdo on Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:51 pm

*has in the last year turned into a Wall of Text Poster. No wait, was that already... nevermind*

I'm just glad to have you and the comic back. Thank you very much for the explaination and I hope that this will be the last time you'll ever exprience such problems with your writing.

While I don't know the original idea for the ending, then I'll be as bold as to suggest that '0.1% of that might have been a lack of confidence in your own abilities'? I'll move on quickly, dodging all those bricks and mention that the 99.9% would be due to the other reasons explained. Congratulations on getting the entangled story straightened out; such things can take several years for some people.

I'm also intrigued as to the ideas you have for your big plan. I can't come to think up a subject which most medias have not yet touched and I'll look forward to figuring out what it is. 3 comic-updates a week will be 'a bit of a change indeed'; don't do it for the fans going 'squee!' okay? Well, not only for the fans. If it's what you want and you think you can handle it, having the story cornered where it cannot escape, then by all means go ahead.

And yet another positive comment; the books are back on? You're doing well with them? Squee :3
josieweirdo
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Goriath on Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:41 am

I may not have started reading till shortly before you took the break, but I have checked in about twice a month to see if you'd returned, and come boxing day, TADA! I come by and see that you have, glad to see it :D
Goriath
Junior Keenspotter

hello

Postby gully300 on Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:45 am

hey yer i'm another clinical viewer and have been waiting eagerly for an update sinse the begining last year, good to see your back at it
YO YO YO wassup
gully300
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Wolfaitor on Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:16 pm

Huzzah for the return of the Teague!
Wolfaitor
Junior Keenspotter

Postby zible on Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:56 pm

I cheak at least once a week, and was nice to see something here. Loves this comic.
zible
Junior Keenspotter

Postby hexisea on Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:28 am

I completely forgot that I had this account until I tried to register with the same username just to post here.

I say tequila shots out of test tubes to celebrate the comic's return.
hexisea
Junior Keenspotter

Postby drprovins on Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:16 am

Welcome back!
drprovins
Junior Keenspotter

Postby krank on Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:38 am

wooohooo!

Well, I'd like to say I was just about to give up hope or something, but I wasn't.

On the other hand, I read 15 webcomics per day, and I check them all for updates every day at the same time - checking one more wasn't that much of a hassle =)=
krank
Junior Keenspotter

Postby cholchachine on Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:29 am

I'm just glad to see you updating again, Teauge. I usually checked this comic about once a month to see if there was any activity. Welcome back!
cholchachine
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Issa01 on Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:35 am

me too. Glad to see it back. I checked every day
Issa01
Junior Keenspotter

Postby The Layfield on Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:44 am

I just realized Zap and Reona are in the "latest" page. Wicked! Good to have you updating again, Teague.
You like space comics? Read Zap!
http://www.zapinspace.com
The Layfield
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Kumatsu on Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:17 pm

I was just randomly checking some of my "dead" comics (I have a separate folder of bookmarks that I check every couple of weeks) and I was like "OMFG, it's back!!!"

Good to have you back... Yay!
Kumatsu
Junior Keenspotter

Postby RtVD on Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:27 am

Heh, had to register just to post this.

Of course I kept checking it, you've had hiatus' before, and I enjoy the entertainment.

-RtVD
RtVD
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Toonbot on Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:59 pm

Lame "me, too" herewith submitted. You go, dawg.
It's cool. You aren't.

(Yeah, so it's more abrupt than it used to be. Sue me.)
Toonbot
Junior Keenspotter

Postby TheTeague on Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:52 am

Ok, I'm cuttin' it off here for the super special thank you, as the least I figured I could do for each of you that stuck through this abusive relationship of a comic is each getting a free commision drawing from me. So I've copied out all your names who've posted in this thread so far and you can just private message me for whatever you want for your drawing. It'll take a while as there's so many of you and building up my comic buffer takes top priority. I know you all of anyone understand that.
TheTeague
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Mad About U.