Your back!!??!!

They aren't really LAWS of physics. They're more like... suggestions.

Moderator: TheTeague

Your back!!??!!

Postby etherpower on Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:59 pm

Are u going to start to update again :o
etherpower
Junior Keenspotter

Postby DanThe57 on Wed May 03, 2006 12:28 am

Apparently so! I really hope he does.
DanThe57
Junior Keenspotter

Postby TheTeague on Tue May 09, 2006 9:33 am

Sorry, I planned to start up again at the beginning of May and got a couple uploaded, but then my internet has been out. Got more comics in the buffer now. I need to keep updating solid for a month to get moved back on the the Keenspot active frontpage.

Thanks for waiting for me everybody!
TheTeague
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby MandyReads on Mon May 22, 2006 4:38 pm

Go figure. Very happy to see your back, though! (For the most part)
MandyReads
Junior Keenspotter

Postby kgirl1992 on Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:25 pm

where are you update you idiot whale you still have at least one person chekeing to see if you have
We Are Mayhem and We Will Never Die!
My wiki page.
Kum-El wrote: It is a belief among certain portions of the student body at their school (and their fellow half-bloods) that the Zeus brothers are gay, and that the only reason Hermes hasn't come out of the closet is that Aaron's also in there and has a deathgrip on the doorknob.

http://formspring.me/kgirl1992
kgirl1992
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby _Syri_ on Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:44 am

calling someone an idiot probably isn't the best way to get a favourable response from them...
Inventory:-
1 TF gun, 1 cookie, 1 dead fish, 6 cans of unlabeled soda,
1 squirrel teddy, 1 Tesla Coil, 1 small blue Big Red Button
1 note with 'Stay away from Squata. I'm Serious' scrawled on it. In blood.

My Deviant Art
_Syri_
Keenspotter Supreme

Meh..

Postby crazeyal on Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:20 pm

While I agree blasting the artist with insults is NOT the way to motivate them, I really can't blame anyone for being mad.

This isn't the first time he's left with no word, and Keenspot ISN'T Comic Genesis.

Basic respect for one's audience is a major playing factor in a professional Illustraitor's makeup. It seperates the wanna-bee's from the hacks.

I have enjoyed the comic thus far.

I have also been frustrated by the lack of updates and the non information when the artist hits hard times/loses comp access/WHATEVER...

Hitting the front page and saying "sorry.. problems.. Hiatus" is simple professionalism. It's not been done.

Whatever the problem is.. I have little sympathy at this point. I'm not alone.
crazeyal
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby josieweirdo on Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:23 am

I agree completely with Crazeyal. Especially about the notice of a hiatus. I think it was last year I got very surprised when Teague wrote he was sorry, he had planned on starting the web-comic again at a certain point, but had first done it now. There was no notice on it, so how could any of us know?

I had hoped that the new LJ-community would contribute to keeping the web-comic alive and at least be a place where he would write notices about breaks and they would still be there, since he updates the frontpage and the old news are out unless I copy/paste for a discussion-thread. But alas, as far as I know I'm still waiting for his reply to a question there.

I love the comic dearly and will continue checking back to see whether there's an update, but no comments at all shows a lack of respect.

EDIT: *looks up* Teague's comment earlier was pretty much what he wrote on the frontpage.
josieweirdo
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Geroepen on Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:44 pm

You know, I'm really getting kind of pissed. We were right in the middle of a big storyline, and he just stops updating. :evil:
When the world is about to end, I plan to set a platypus on fire. You know, just for the heck of it.

Life is like a sandwich. Sometimes you eat the sandwich and sometimes the sandwich eats you.

Join the Grammarians! Dedicated to protecting the English language!
Geroepen
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Geroepen on Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:50 am

Dude! It's been six months now! I am seriously considering thinking of stopping my checks for updates!
When the world is about to end, I plan to set a platypus on fire. You know, just for the heck of it.

Life is like a sandwich. Sometimes you eat the sandwich and sometimes the sandwich eats you.

Join the Grammarians! Dedicated to protecting the English language!
Geroepen
Junior Keenspotter

Postby bunnyThor on Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:35 pm

Geroepen wrote:Dude! It's been six months now! I am seriously considering thinking of stopping my checks for updates!

Don't stop now! If you let down your guard, several hundred strips could flood onto the site, and you'd be so far behind the curve! Eternal vigilance!
bunnyThor
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby TheTeague on Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:38 am

Yes, I'm an idiot for not explaining myself sooner.

Yes the comic is updating now.

The reason I stopped in the middle of a huge storyline was that the storyline itself screwed up my writing.

I feel like I should say more, but anything else would just be trying to shamelessly excuse myself.
:(
TheTeague
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Story lines

Postby Fourmyle on Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:54 am

Well there is always the approach used in "Doctor Colin's Monster" when the story got too complex. Basically "They all drove over a cliff and died". Of course then there is that whole re-animating characters issue; oh wait , that works here
8)
Fourmyle
Junior Keenspotter

RSS Feed

Postby Stretch Longfellow on Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:53 am

I understand it's probably hard to get going again regularly after over a year of no updates. Would it be possible to put in a RSS feed so that we know when you update next? I know several webcomics have done so.
"So, Grimm, what did you do when you were trapped in that cathedral for hundreds of years?"
"Let's put it this way. I owe Varowin a lot of poker chips." ~Outtakes from The Ledger Story
Stretch Longfellow
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby TheTeague on Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:36 pm

Good idea! Where can I go about finding out how to set that up?
TheTeague
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

RSS

Postby Stretch Longfellow on Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:40 am

Ask some of the other webcomic artists. Dan Shive, Adrian Ramos, Starline Hodge, and Mark Mekkes are just a few who have RSS feeds on their webcomic. You might also try searching majorgeeks.com to see if they have a tutorial on it.
"So, Grimm, what did you do when you were trapped in that cathedral for hundreds of years?"
"Let's put it this way. I owe Varowin a lot of poker chips." ~Outtakes from The Ledger Story
Stretch Longfellow
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Your back!!??!!

Postby Fourmyle on Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:50 am

But the whole point of a doomsday device is lost if you keep it a secret. Why didn't you tell anyone?
:-? I hope you'll be back soon. I know getting past a writer's block isn't a predictable thing ( I just deal with the assembly code writer's version, but it's no fun either ) .
We're making remarkably good progress for being in a hand basket!
Fourmyle
Junior Keenspotter

Return to Mad About U.