2D and 3D. Ha.

They aren't really LAWS of physics. They're more like... suggestions.

Moderator: TheTeague

2D and 3D. Ha.

Postby The Flying Priest on Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:14 pm

I just got what dimensions the extra-dimensional beings came from: the second and third. That's hilarious.

But wait... If that's true, then what dimension is the rest of the comic in? the second-and-a-half dimension?

NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE!

(P.S. - They were hiding in the books. Awesome.)
"I feel ready for whatever the experience is that we will... take with us after the show. I'm sure it will be... an adventure... a voyage on this... magnificent vessel... into unchartered waters! What if we see sailfish... jumping... and flying across the magnificent orb of a setting sun?"
-Eugene Levy, "A Mighty Wind"
The Flying Priest
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Baggins on Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:58 pm

Actually, the rest of the comic would be in three-dimensional space. The extra-dimensional beings would be from the 2'nd and 4'th dimensions.

Think of it this way: Normally, when an artist draws something, he is projecting a 3-D image onto a 2-D medium. Now, what are you going to do if you want to project a 4-D image into a similar format? Why, project the 4-D image onto a 3-D medium, of course! (True, it's physically a 2-D medium, but with 3-D glasses, it becomes a 3-D medium.)

For another example of this being done, check out this animated, rotating 3-D projection of a hypercube. (Warning- Java is required. 3-D glasses can be used, but you can also just cross your eyes if you know how to view stereoscopic 'Magic-Eye'-type images. Click the 'Stereo' button to cycle through the modes.)
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/O d- s:+> a-- C++$ UL++>++++$ P+ L++(+++)>++++$ !E-(---) W++(+)
N+ o? K--? w(--) !O-- !M !V PS-(--) PE++ !Y-- !PGP- t+@ 5+(++) X R tv
b+(++)>+++ DI(+) D+ G e(++)>++ h-->++$ !r y?
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Baggins
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby DanThe57 on Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:42 pm

.... brain... melting..
DanThe57
Junior Keenspotter

Postby The Flying Priest on Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:19 pm

Baggins wrote:Actually, the rest of the comic would be in three-dimensional space. The extra-dimensional beings would be from the 2'nd and 4'th dimensions.

Think of it this way: Normally, when an artist draws something, he is projecting a 3-D image onto a 2-D medium. Now, what are you going to do if you want to project a 4-D image into a similar format? Why, project the 4-D image onto a 3-D medium, of course! (True, it's physically a 2-D medium, but with 3-D glasses, it becomes a 3-D medium.)

Ah. I think I got it.

...Dang, Watson's not here to comment.
"I feel ready for whatever the experience is that we will... take with us after the show. I'm sure it will be... an adventure... a voyage on this... magnificent vessel... into unchartered waters! What if we see sailfish... jumping... and flying across the magnificent orb of a setting sun?"
-Eugene Levy, "A Mighty Wind"
The Flying Priest
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Mad About U.