Scarcity of updates

They aren't really LAWS of physics. They're more like... suggestions.

Moderator: TheTeague

Scarcity of updates

Postby LockeZ on Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:19 pm

So... I'm a new reader. I first found the site maybe three weeks ago, and started reading through the archives. Finished them after a few days, and really enjoyed it. But I couldn't help but notice that there have been no new comics or anything since I first found the site. There's not even a news post. What's up with the no show? Author get hit by a meteor or what?
LockeZ
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Tanukitsune on Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:48 pm

He's doing a guest strip for Felicity...

He probably won't be back till the story arc is over, I think...
Having nothing to worry about makes me nervous...
Tanukitsune
Keenspot Despot

Postby TheTeague on Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:14 pm

Actually, Ive been busy finishing up this quarter of school. I've had the rest of the Trudy Scoops storyline penciled for a while waiting to be inked.
On the 25th I'll be going to California for three weeks visiting family and friends and going to Comic-Con. This next week I'll be at work saving up money for the trip and at home trying to get as many, if not all, the rest of the Felicity pages done for Troutman before I leave my computer for the better part of a month.

I do have the Newsbox reserved for the 18th of July, so I'm gonna just try to get as big a buffer done for that as I can while on my vacation. There will be new comics July 18th.
TheTeague
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby LockeZ on Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:35 am

So... the new comic that was promised for the 18th was added, I think on the 20th or 21st, in black-and-white, with a note that it would be colored within a day or two. And then actually taken down three or four days later after having still not been colored, with no news post for explanation. The front page now shows the same annoying millenium-old comic that it did before, followed by a news post which promises new comics (plural) on a date three weeks ago. Plus, the archives are still broken and don't have a newest button.

I declare the comic dead.
LockeZ
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Bouncing Bomb on Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:38 am

The only comic I can think of that might have gone on a longer hiatus is RPG World. It's fairly rare for a comic to totally disappear off the face of the planet with no warning, more likely real life happened
Bouncing Bomb
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby LockeZ on Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:39 am

I would suggest that perhaps the author actually died, but that brings up the question of who took down the black-and-white comic. Which I must say was a very puzzling move.
LockeZ
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby TheTeague on Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:49 pm

Technically not dead.
I dont' know why the comic for the 18th got taken down probably a technical glitch or something.

As for new comics, real life stuff did happen and it hit me harder than I realized. Notice I also slacked off on the art duties for Felicity, and Troutman's sympathetic acceptance of my procrastination actually hits me with more guilt for not doing comics than if he had yelled and screamed and cursed at me.

I do plan on getting the comics done and uploaded, but I hesitate to make any announcements as all I have delivered recently is disappointment and broken promises (although I don't believe I've reached Melonpool or Life on Forbez levels of hiatusness...and yes, I realize that was a lame passive-aggressive attempt to shrug off my own shame)

I shall endevour to hold my tongue until any new comics are compeated, uploaded, AND updated already. And if I say anything more of guarunteeing future comics, feel free to call bullsh*t on me.

-Teague-
TheTeague
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Melonpool on Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:02 am

TheTeague wrote:I do plan on getting the comics done and uploaded, but I hesitate to make any announcements as all I have delivered recently is disappointment and broken promises (although I don't believe I've reached Melonpool or Life on Forbez levels of hiatusness...

How dare you.

I haven't missed a day since Nov 15.

;)

Steve
Melonpool
Keenspot Despot

Postby TheTeague on Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:37 pm

Well played, Troop. Well played.
TheTeague
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby bunnyThor on Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:31 pm

At least it is not yet a Waiting For Bob type of hiatus...
bunnyThor
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby PsychoJr on Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:55 pm

Oh sweet lord,....YAY!
PsychoJr
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Baggins on Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:08 pm

I was almost ready to take the link out of my favorites. I've been doing monthly checks for a while and had decided that tonight would be my last one. I'm delighted to see that things appears to be getting ready to roll again.

After all this time, I hope you'll forgive a small measure of scepticism, but I'd like to offer Teague a tentative "Welcome back!"
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/O d- s:+> a-- C++$ UL++>++++$ P+ L++(+++)>++++$ !E-(---) W++(+)
N+ o? K--? w(--) !O-- !M !V PS-(--) PE++ !Y-- !PGP- t+@ 5+(++) X R tv
b+(++)>+++ DI(+) D+ G e(++)>++ h-->++$ !r y?
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Baggins
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby TheTeague on Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:07 am

I've been skeptic enough of myself actually getting the comics done again, so you can understand why I waited until now to even mention anything.

I've got the comics uploaded to my keenspot account to start updating this Wenesday.
TheTeague
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby The Flying Priest on Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:45 pm

Alri~ight.

Let's get this story/art/not... not posting train a-rolling.
"I feel ready for whatever the experience is that we will... take with us after the show. I'm sure it will be... an adventure... a voyage on this... magnificent vessel... into unchartered waters! What if we see sailfish... jumping... and flying across the magnificent orb of a setting sun?"
-Eugene Levy, "A Mighty Wind"
The Flying Priest
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Mad About U.