The Video Game Discussion Thread for Discussing

Space Tree is over here.

Moderator: ed atlin

Re: The Video Game Discussion Thread for Discussing

Postby ed atiln on Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:33 am

Also there's a game called "The Void" that has some connection to Pathologic I think.
Don't know much about it though.
ed atiln, NOT ed atlin.
Do not confuse.
ed atiln
Keenspot Despot

Postby SoNegative on Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:27 pm

The Void was made by Ice Pick Lodge with that new translator on board. I don't know much about the game except that it involves colour and purgatory, and that it is intelligible to English speakers. It sounds pretty trippy, but I'll probably have a look into it in a bit...
SoNegative
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby DrSimmons on Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:34 am

Revive old thread.
Minecraft.
TF2 update.

Discuss?

Minecraft so far is awesome, I can tell its going to plateau in awesome fun making but considering its in alpha Im pretty pleased with that. Giant mountain top temple one quarter complete.

TF2 update, Uhh. the hell? I jump into a server and got hit by a fish...or....something. I was very confused and nobody would explain what happened. All too busy being all "Yo Im trading blah blah" And not capturing objectives. What dicks.
Hey look a new signature I wonder if anyone will notice ;)
Check this shit out: http://simmonscorp.tumblr.com/
DrSimmons
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby SoNegative on Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:39 am

You're on the minecraft wagon too eh?

I think I peaked when a pal and I built an underground forest. I'm still playing it, but not obsessively like last week. Yeesh.
SoNegative
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby DrSimmons on Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:59 am

:o An underground forest!? Oh Im so doing that now. If only I didnt have this giant assignment to do thats due in like two da- Oooh More iron deposits.
DrSimmons
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ed atiln on Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:05 am

Had a minecraft server with some RL friends, it was good while it lasted, now they're playing Haven and Hearth
ed atiln, NOT ed atlin.
Do not confuse.
ed atiln
Keenspot Despot

Postby Lone Wolf01 on Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:22 am

As Simmons knows, I've been playing Minecraft too. I think I'm getting to the point where I've done just about everything. Though I haven't made an epic structure or anything...
And I've started to get into competitive TF2. TF2 update is pretty whack. But the GRU are fockeen oarsome.
Why worry about the world ending today?
It's already tomorrow in Australia.
Lone Wolf01
Keenspot Despot

Postby Microwave on Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:55 am

I too have been playing Minecraft (Classic), When I get a job I'll probably buy the alpha but until then I will continue building giant castles/houses.

My brother and I had two houses with a massive underground tunnel system connecting them, then some other guy connected to it... then my brother flooded it. heh.

Also Lord of the Rings online is now "Free" to Play (sort of free), I know how much you guys love MMO's, so yeah. But it's actually pretty good, first time I've enjoyed actually exploring in an mmo as they've done a great job with the environments and general atmosphere of the game.
Pie cold? NO PROBLEM!

.... ZOMG NO MORE QUOTEZZ LOL?.....
Microwave
Keenspot Despot

Postby SoNegative on Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:33 pm

I'd still rate LOTRO as the best MMORPG I've ever played, if only because the whole world is beautifully constructed.
SoNegative
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Fulgrymm on Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:17 pm

I'm gonna get Minecraft, and I'll build a working 16-bit ALU. And you all will help me.
Fulgrymm
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby DrSimmons on Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:08 am

Sounds like fuck that.
DrSimmons
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Lone Wolf01 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:18 am

Did someone do that already? The only thing with huge Redstone circuits is that chunks will be unloaded if you're too far away. Chunks are 16x16x128 if I recall. Which kinda sucks.
Lone Wolf01
Keenspot Despot

Postby Cheshy458 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:06 am

Any of you guys played Yakuza 3? I'd never heard of it until my friend got it, but there's a shit load to do in it.
Space Tree Is Over Here... In a Role Playing Sense :smug:
Don't Let Me Eat Your Brain :smug:
^ Reverse Piechology ^
His name is Palamag and he is kick your butt.
spacetreeloveaffair wrote:that was 10,000 volts of pure sex woven into a work of art. God Bless you C-to the-458 :wink:
Cheshy458
Keenspot Despot

Postby Lone Wolf01 on Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:57 am

Fuck. I've got more games than I know what to do with.

• I'm still playing TF2, now competitively.
  • Super Meat Boy is pretty ace. Just a simple platformer, but surprisingly fun.
  • I'm kind of losing interesting in Minecraft, everything I do seems too formulaic. I can make a home find diamonds and go to hell in a couple of in-game days. But there's no surprises or anything new in the game and I think I've hit my limit with the game. It's losing its novelty.
  • I've played a little bit of Dead Rising 2, similar to the first. Lotsa zombies; kill they ass.
  • Black Ops I've only played the multiplayer so far. Improvement over the abortion that was MW2, but the series seems to be stuck running in the spot. I'm led to believe Treyarch's studios are filled with big burly men carrying "anti-innovation" sticks.
  • Just Cause 2 is like an interactive Michael Bay movie.
  • I've been playing a 90% fan-translated Pokemon Black. It's surprisingly fun, but I'm sitting on a Pokemon wiki just to find out what each of the bloody things are.
  • I started playing Mass Effect, pretty awesome, but in-between formats my save files are on an old hard-drive and I haven't bothered to reinstall it.
  • I also have, but not installed/played Dragon Age, Fallout: New Vegas, Persona 4, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus.
Oh, and DICE finally released a patch fixing about 90% of the shit I was complaining about in Bad Company 2. 3 months after I stopped caring. Too little, too late.
Lone Wolf01
Keenspot Despot

Postby DrSimmons on Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:14 pm

Started playing Metro2033, actually pretty fun. More like what Stalker should have been like.

Completely stopped playing TF2 after the mann Co update for some reason. It just seemed suddenly boring. Must have to play with friends now. Surprisingly replaced TF2 with CS:S.

Still playing CoH all the time. Still just as awesome as when I bought it. Bought Supreme commander 2 when it was like 3 bucks. Mildy amusing multiplayer, not tried singleplayer campain because it looked like it had a dumb story.
DrSimmons
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby SoNegative on Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:36 pm

Do you have a legit copy of CoH? My friends and I play it regularly and love the shit out of it.
SoNegative
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby DrSimmons on Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:58 pm

Hell yeah I have a legit copy. My brother got it with a video card or something a couple years ago and we've been playing it ever since. I gotta say its my favorite game, seeing as it hasnt gotten old in that time at all.
DrSimmons
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby JustFine on Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:46 am

What do you guys think which game (pc and console games included) has the best storyline?
Life has 4 important Santa parts:
1.When you believe in Santa
2.When you don't believe in Santa
3.When you are(working as)Santa
4.When you look exactly like Santa

Alma , alma , piros alma ha nem ízlik, harapj szarba!
Széna , szalma, köpönyeg, nyálazd meg a tökömet
Aki engem baszogat, vegye be a faszomat!
JustFine
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Fulgrymm on Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:11 pm

Mass Effect.
Fulgrymm
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby SoNegative on Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:47 pm

I liked the underpinning themes in Red Dead Redemption (the main theme is redemption, if you can believe that). It's also deals a lot with the clash between the pioneering, individualistic spirit of the 'old' West and the monolithic and inexorable power of civilisation that is taking over the old ways in as brutal and bloody a way as any bandit gang, but under the aegis of 'progress'. That one is kind of a trope in Westerns, but it hasn't gotten old for me yet. The story is probably one of the best, if not the best, that I've seen this year.

My favourite storyline in a game of all time would probably be The Last Express, but that played kind of like an interactive book. I mean, that's almost cheating.
SoNegative
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Dawlish on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:59 pm

3DS? 3DS.

Also, would any of you fellows like to play TF2 sometime?
Dawlish
Keenspot Despot

Postby Fulgrymm on Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:17 am

Dawlish you queerosexual, I didn't know you still posted here. Also, I'd be more into L4D1/2, personably.
Fulgrymm
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Lone Wolf01 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:44 am

3DS = meh.

3D viewing is and always has been a gimmick. And unless a game comes out that actually incorporates gameplay into the 3D aspect of it, it always will just be a gimmick. The games would be the same if they were in 2D.

I play a lot of TF2. But you bastards are on the other side of the planet.
Lone Wolf01
Keenspot Despot

Postby Dawlish on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:28 pm

Hitler, I have L4D2 so that can be done.

Wolf, that's what's so great about the 3DS. Whether you give a shit about the 3D or not it doesn't matter because it's still a fucking powerhouse!
Dawlish
Keenspot Despot

What do you think the word "Satanist" means?

Postby Attiscult on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:52 pm

Good afternoon

A new MP3 CD quality stereo audio Explanation of the English only Quran (for the first time on the internet)

"What is Islam's presence in the United States?"

It is almost impossible to generalize about American Muslims: converts, immigrants, factory workers, doctors; all are making their own contribution to America's future. This complex community is unified by a common faith, under-pinned by a countrywide network of a thousand mosques.

Muslims were early arrivals in North America. By the eighteenth century there were many thousands of them, working as slaves on plantations. These early communities, cut off from their heritage and families, inevitably lost their Islamic identity as time went by. Today many Afro-American Muslims play an important role in the Islamic community.

The nineteenth century, however, saw the beginnings of an influx of Arab Muslims, most of whom settled in the major industrial centers where they worshiped in hired rooms. The early twentieth century witnessed the arrival of several hundred thousand Muslims from Eastern Europe: the first Albanian mosque was opened in Maine in 1915; others soon followed, and a group of Polish Muslims opened a mosque in Brooklyn in 1928.

In 1947 the Washington Islamic Center was founded during the term of President Truman, and several nationwide organizations were set up in the fifties. The same period saw the establishment of other communities whose lives were in many ways modeled after Islam. More recently, numerous members of these groups have entered the fold of Muslim orthodoxy. Today there are about five million Muslims in America.

Question 27 "How does Islam guarantee human rights ?"

Freedom of conscience is laid down by the Quran itself: 'There is no compulsion in religion'. (2.256)

The life and property of all citizens in an Islamic state are considered sacred whether a person is Muslim or not.

Racism is incomprehensible to Muslims, for the Quran speaks of human equality in the following terms:

'O mankind! We created you from a single soul, male and female, and made you into nations and tribes, so that you may come to know one another. Truly, the most honored of you in God 's sight is the greatest of you in piety. God is All-Knowing, All-Aware'. (49.13)

For more details click her
The Wild Bunch.
Attiscult
Junior Keenspotter

PreviousNext

Return to Space Tree The Space Tree... IN SPACE!