Where The Bloody Hell Is Spacetree?

Space Tree is over here.

Moderator: ed atlin

Postby Brandon Clark on Tue May 10, 2005 10:15 am

Tanukitsune wrote:
spacetree+waterman=cool:D wrote:brandon clark, is that a penguin raping a snail??????? th hell kinda sick bastard are you?!?!?!?!?

Dude, that's King Dedede torturing his sidekick, not molesting him! :roll:

thats what you think 8)
Brandon Clark
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby OnlyAlienEver on Tue May 10, 2005 12:55 pm

spacetree+waterman=cool:D wrote:... waterman(which, yes i know doesnt have a timetable, but still has an obligation to readers) ...

No, he doesn't have an obligation to watchers.
OnlyAlienEver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: New fans

Postby Borg453 on Tue May 10, 2005 2:11 pm

ed atlin wrote:most of #10-20 have something clickable at the end, i think. i haven't done them for a few weeks now though.

Thanks. I'll check those out :)
- Mad, ingenious - they've both left you puzzled -
Borg453
Junior Keenspotter

Ed = Comedic Genius

Postby Bigkid1081 on Tue May 10, 2005 6:39 pm

I was preparing to write this huge long argument explaining why Ed neglects alerting his "fans" on the forum of tardy episodes. But then he goes and alerts his fans of the tardy episode.

In any case... I was just going to say that it's pretty apparent that Ed subscribes to his own brand of humor, and it's one which I believe he doesn't care if you like it or not. Therefore, why would he care if a few ungrateful, overdemanding, impatient "fans" get a little cranky on an internet forum? I know I wouldn't give a crap. And frankly, if Ed showed up at my house 3 weeks after not posting anything, threw dogshit in my face, raised his hands and yelled, "SPACE TREE IS COMING DOWN THE STAIRS!!!" I'd probably laugh my ass off for 30 minutes straight. That's comedy gold, my friend.
Bigkid1081
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Tanukitsune on Tue May 10, 2005 8:48 pm

Brandon Clark wrote:
Tanukitsune wrote:
spacetree+waterman=cool:D wrote:brandon clark, is that a penguin raping a snail??????? th hell kinda sick bastard are you?!?!?!?!?

thats what you think 8)

Hmm, he's having back trouble and Dedede is reajusting his spine?
Oh wait! Snails don't have spines! Then.... Dedede... is giving him a "special" massage? :roll:
Having nothing to worry about makes me nervous...
Tanukitsune
Keenspot Despot

Postby Brandon Clark on Wed May 11, 2005 9:56 am

Tanukitsune wrote:
Brandon Clark wrote:
Tanukitsune wrote:

thats what you think 8)

Hmm, he's having back trouble and Dedede is reajusting his spine?
Oh wait! Snails don't have spines! Then.... Dedede... is giving him a "special" massage? :roll:

If by "special" you mean "Who's got the shiniest B-Hole around" then yes.

Seriously though he's just grabbing him but at the first glance it does indeed look like rapage. I was laughing for at least a good 2 minutes when I saw that.
Brandon Clark
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nar on Wed May 11, 2005 10:57 am

Brandon Clark wrote:Seriously though he's just grabbing him but at the first glance it does indeed look like rapage. I was laughing for at least a good 2 minutes when I saw that.

Well, you never know with some of these Japanese cartoons...Every one of them has a subliminal message somewhere. And morals. Morals suck.
Nar
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Stev C. on Wed May 11, 2005 2:26 pm

...so do vaccum cleaners, and they clean things!
Stev C.
Keenspot Despot

Postby Brandon Clark on Thu May 12, 2005 6:36 pm

Hay, I made a SA reference. I was expecting at least 20 people to jump all over it. What you're not slowing down eh?
Brandon Clark
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Zem on Fri May 13, 2005 3:29 pm

Maelin wrote:Then there are all the other people seemingly incapable of distinguishing between the reasonable people who nonetheless think it would be nice to be kept in the loop, just a little, so they don't log on each day and receive a little batch of fresh disappointment, and the imaginary idiots demanding the episode ASAP. These people feel the need to post either angry rants to the effect that "Ed Atlin don't owe you shit, foo! You can sit there and be happy when the episode comes out, bitch, and not a moment before!" or, alternatively, to give sarcastic and not exactly original impersonations of imaginary rude ST addicts.

To these oversarcastic people, I say: shut the fuck up. We think it would be nice if Ed could just give us a quick note that says, "Hey guys, expect to see Space Tree early next week." It's not really a lot to ask. If Ed can't accomodate that for whatever reason, that's fair enough, though I'd hope he'd tell us why. However, I'd expect that as a talented artist, he'd appreciate the importance of his fans enough to say, "Yeah, okay, I'll just post a brief note saying when the next episode should be ready," if we asked him to nicely.

Yes, a reasonable message like yours with a reasonable request ("I'd like an indication if Space Tree will be late, please") would be pointless to get angry about or mock. The original post in this thread, on the other hand...

DSRGirl wrote:Is it because you're an arrogant ass or you just don't like using the keenforums for stuff like that? Either way it's annoying and irritating and really stupid to piss off your fans like that.

I say this one's fair game.
Zem
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: Where The Bloody Hell Is Spacetree?

Postby Symok on Sat May 14, 2005 7:16 am

DSRGirl wrote:Ed, you are contractually obligated like every Keentoon artist to update each week right?

Yes. He's contractually obligated to provide free content and the expense of his real job and social life. YES. :roll:

Fat_guy1 wrote:Ed Atlin, I demand that you give us a new Space Tree when you feel like finishing the episode currently being worked on.

Cheers! :lol:
Symok
Keenspot Despot

Postby DSRGirl on Sun May 22, 2005 7:07 am

Yes. He's contractually obligated to provide free content and the expense of his real job and social life. YES.

Well he is though. According to Matt once you're really suppose to if you can make a cartoon a week. I'm fine if he can't but can't at least have the deceny to tell us?

I say this because I'm a writer myself and I make my own stories. They may not be as consuming as animation but it does take me hours to finish a chapter of a story. And when I can't finish a chapter at a time I said I would I would give a reason why or least say I can't. That's really what bugs me most about this whole thing. Ed's not even telling us why he can't update. Matt, Aric, Fritz and McBean at least give reasons why. Shouldn't Ed do the same thing?

So please Ed, just tell us why Spacetree wasn't updated on Thursday and why Episode 27 isn't up yet okay? It dosen't have to be up but I just want to know why it isn't. Is that too much to ask? I think not. It's just telling the truth is all.
Craig, He's Just That Cool

Or.

Craig... He's Just... That Cool... Dawg.
DSRGirl
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Xenon on Sun May 22, 2005 7:22 am

Whine grade : B-
User grade: F-

This joke: Old.
Xenon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Krentz on Sun May 22, 2005 12:15 pm

Brandon Clark wrote:Hay, I made a SA reference. I was expecting at least 20 people to jump all over it. What you're not slowing down eh?

I think you did it wrong too. It's supposed to be "Who's got the juiciest B-hole in town" if I remember correctly.
stasis more like gaysis
fag
Krentz
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Daduzi on Wed May 25, 2005 7:00 pm

DSRGirl wrote:Well he is though. According to Matt once you're really suppose to if you can make a cartoon a week. I'm fine if he can't but can't at least have the deceny to tell us?

Decency works both ways. One could also ask just as validly whether you could have the decency not to call someone an "arrogant ass" just because they don't provide you with your regular quota of free entertainment.

DSRGirl wrote:I say this because I'm a writer myself and I make my own stories. They may not be as consuming as animation but it does take me hours to finish a chapter of a story. And when I can't finish a chapter at a time I said I would I would give a reason why or least say I can't.

Bully for you. However, I am sure you would accept both that providing such a reason is above and beyond the call of duty, as, in fact, is providing the stories in the first place. I doubt you would appreciate it if your readers started abusing you should you fail to provide the reason.

Myself, I haven't read your work. If I did, however, I would be grateful for it (assuming I enjoyed it) and fully accepting that it may not appear sometimes. Gift horses and mouths spring to mind.

DSRGirl wrote:That's really what bugs me most about this whole thing. Ed's not even telling us why he can't update. Matt, Aric, Fritz and McBean at least give reasons why. Shouldn't Ed do the same thing?

No, he shouldn't. Had he provided one episode and no more he would have done more than is strictly necessary, IMHO. You, I, or any other viewers have absolutely no hold over Ed. He provides us with free entertainment, we watch it. Why on Earth should the fact that we deign to allow his creations to enter through our eyes and ears and into our brain entitle us to anything?

DSRGirl wrote:So please Ed, just tell us why Spacetree wasn't updated on Thursday and why Episode 27 isn't up yet okay? It dosen't have to be up but I just want to know why it isn't. Is that too much to ask? I think not. It's just telling the truth is all.

It's perhaps not too much to ask, but it damn well is too much to demand. You need to suck up your dissapointment and realise that, in the grand scheme of things, one week's delayed or missed free web-cartoon entertainment is hardly the end of the world. How much does it truly impact your life?

If you had to rush home in order to catch Space Tree, speeding in the process and accidentally running over a little old lady and her pet basset hound then maybe, just maybe, I could understand the tone of your original post. I'd also believe you were a fudging idiot for getting so worked up over online animation.
Daduzi
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Raedyn on Wed May 25, 2005 10:23 pm

I think it was Matt Wilson who said if you bought the T-shirt you earn the right to complain...Ed may have said that. dont care...but its true.
If you put money into the shows existance, then you earn every right to complain...

no T-shirt = No complaining. It's free, get over it.

all T-shirt owners complain away!!!
This concept of "wuv" confuses and infuriates us!!!
Raedyn
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Daduzi on Thu May 26, 2005 12:09 am

I once bought a T-shirt, does that count? I mean, it has a picture of Mr T on it, is that a problem?
Daduzi
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Friz on Thu May 26, 2005 12:16 am

DSRGirl wrote:Matt, Aric, Fritz and McBean at least give reasons why. Shouldn't Ed do the same thing?

Oh no. Not here as well?!!

It's "Friz". I'm not German, and I'm not a cat.
Yeah, I know.. my sig hasn't worked in a long, long time.

Pete is a Pogizzle Stizzle
Friz
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Xenon on Thu May 26, 2005 3:43 am

Friz wrote:It's "Friz". I'm not German, and I'm not a cat.

Whatever you say, Friz. *strokes*
Xenon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Raedyn on Thu May 26, 2005 6:37 pm

Daduzi wrote:I once bought a T-shirt, does that count? I mean, it has a picture of Mr T on it, is that a problem?

God Yes! But only because of the Mr.T
This concept of "wuv" confuses and infuriates us!!!
Raedyn
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: New fans

Postby Rubberfishy on Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:42 am

ed atlin wrote:
Borg453 wrote:Here's a newb. question: Are there easter eggs in every episode? Is it just a question of clicking objects at random? I haven't looked yet.

most of #10-20 have something clickable at the end, i think. i haven't done them for a few weeks now though.

oh mr Ed did u know that I can find these Easter eggs really easily just but pressing the legendary tab button.
Rubberfishy
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby thebigsos on Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:56 am

That's cheating you're gay don't post again please
thebigsos
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Rubberfishy on Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:14 am

thebigsos wrote:That's cheating you're gay don't post again please

its not i cos i dont have a mouse :( , ...... i have over 2!!!!! :D
Rubberfishy
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Symok on Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:40 am

You don't know how to use punctuation. You're also an ass. Please don't post again.

:roll:
Symok
Keenspot Despot

Postby Krentz on Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:48 pm

Symok wrote:

You don't know how to use punctuation. You're also an ass. Please don't post again.

:roll:

pwned?
stasis more like gaysis
fag
Krentz
Junior Keenspotter

PreviousNext

Return to Space Tree The Space Tree... IN SPACE!