Where The Bloody Hell Is Spacetree?

Space Tree is over here.

Moderator: ed atlin

Where The Bloody Hell Is Spacetree?

Postby DSRGirl on Mon May 09, 2005 12:35 pm

This isn't a question just for this week, but in general.

Ed, you are contractually obligated like every Keentoon artist to update each week right?

And you are each given a day in which to do so right?

And if you can't, you need to give a reason WHY or at least say you're NOT going to right?

And yet you don't.

Why? Is it because you're an arrogant ass or you just don't like using the keenforums for stuff like that? Either way it's annoying and irritating and really stupid to piss off your fans like that. Spacetree is a great cartoon. We want to know what's happening with it each week.

That is all.
Craig, He's Just That Cool

Or.

Craig... He's Just... That Cool... Dawg.
DSRGirl
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:56 am
Location: Long Island

I'm new here

Postby Borg453 on Mon May 09, 2005 1:15 pm

I too, miss my weekly dose. Infact, I miss it so much that I've created this keenspot account just to express my frustration.

No new strongbad and no new spacetree.. what is a guy to do?

Keep 'em coming Ed :)
- Mad, ingenious - they've both left you puzzled -
User avatar
Borg453
Junior Keenspotter
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 1:06 pm
Location: Denmark

Postby Nar on Mon May 09, 2005 2:16 pm

This is true, but the last few times there was a late update, the episodes were great, so I'm going with quality over punctuality.
User avatar
Nar
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:44 am
Location: New Jersey

Postby Eggie on Mon May 09, 2005 2:20 pm

Leave Ed alone. The idea of strict weekly updates is silly anyway. Cut the artists some slack.
Image
User avatar
Eggie
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:55 am
Location: Hertfordshire

Postby Humanmilk on Mon May 09, 2005 2:36 pm

Morning,

Like Borg453 I just created this account for this -- however, probably not for the same reasons.

I have no idea about the contractual agreements and obligations that those who reside on Keenspot must abide by, but nonetheless that would be between the people who are composed of in the contract.

You say he is required to give a reason -- and again I will state ignorance of said contracts which may or may not be different from artist to artist based on their personal needs -- but is that reason required to be given to us, the readers/viewers?

Unless the artist is paid in such a vast amount that being a fulltime artist on this website would make up for all his/her living expenses, I would not expect them to have any total and strict regulation upon his/her creations and their timing. Since, if they are not being paid enough that said creation fulfills all their living expenses they are required to make money elsewhere and live their life while doing this extra monetary acquisition on the side.

I don't know this Ed Atlin, and I don't know any of the "artists" on this site or anywhere on the net period, but I would not presume I have the right to demand anything of someone when it is free to me and purely the fulfillment of petty entertainment and not something required to live.

Nor would I assume that when I may ask about said entertainment that name-calling may jump the person in to immediately adhering to my beck and call. But then, some do see being called an "arrogant ass" as a compliment.

On another note, perhaps he's dead. Life does happen outside of our little rooms and houses for other people in their rooms and their houses. Or he's had an accident, or someone in his family or friends has had an accident. Or his main job -- if this is not his main job -- has required him to go on a trip and he either thought he'd be home in time to do the episode, forgot in all the hussle and bussle of getting ready for a trip, or did not have time to update.

Personally, I think -- because this is what I would do -- he's just methodically making it later so one day, all of a sudden.... it's back on Thursday (which is the day I believe recalling is his "day" for having the cartoon up?).

Plus, creative things do sometimes get blocks... writer's block is a very common one. And maybe he's just having trouble figuring out what he wants Space Tree to do next. And this may be the case since his last couple were a bit short and to me, not as full and rich as his earlier ones.

Anyway, I'll stop now since I have other stuff to do.

Evening,

I.M.
User avatar
Humanmilk
Junior Keenspotter
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 2:16 pm
Location: Canada

Confession:

Postby Borg453 on Mon May 09, 2005 3:20 pm

I also created my keenspot account to get my mind of a project on CSCW that I
Last edited by Borg453 on Mon May 09, 2005 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Mad, ingenious - they've both left you puzzled -
User avatar
Borg453
Junior Keenspotter
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 1:06 pm
Location: Denmark

Postby Stev C. on Mon May 09, 2005 3:28 pm

You only have complaining priveliges if you buy a shirt. Otherwise you still can complain, though you'll be flamed for it.
Image
User avatar
Stev C.
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 2142
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:46 am
Location: That Place

Postby aspifox on Mon May 09, 2005 3:39 pm

Mysterious contracts between artists and Keen aside, I think strips/toons should (within generous reason) be put up when they're ready rather than on some back-breaking schedule... some people like having deadlines to work to, and some people don't. And sometimes deadlines just aren't even realistic for regularly delivering a certain size/quality of production.
User avatar
aspifox
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:30 pm

Postby Chrono_Catfish on Mon May 09, 2005 3:52 pm

Hey everyone, I've got an idea.

Space Tree now updates on Mondays. Sometimes earlier!
Chrono_Catfish
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:37 pm

Postby Zem on Mon May 09, 2005 5:30 pm

Gee golly Space Tree sure is rolling down the INTERNET HILL!!! The last toon wasn't quite up to par with the one before it and this update seems to be AT LEAST A DAY LATE. It must be time for SUICIDE.
User avatar
Zem
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2001 12:00 am

Postby Fat_guy1 on Mon May 09, 2005 6:08 pm

Ed Atlin dead?

Nah... if he's dead, he's dead like Aric McKeown, who was dead for like... 12 weeks, then came back to life and didn't do anything for an other three weeks or something. If this happens again, RB&C will be the only regularly updated Keentoon, 'cause Bonus Stage with all of its... animation.

I could live with that.


Ed Atlin, I demand that you give us a new Space Tree when you feel like finishing the episode currently being worked on.
User avatar
Fat_guy1
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:34 pm

Postby Sir Lemming on Mon May 09, 2005 7:21 pm

Chrono_Catfish wrote:Hey everyone, I've got an idea.

Space Tree now updates on Mondays. Sometimes earlier!

But then it'll just wind up being a few days after Monday anyway.
Imagehttp://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/265596
I think it's that "ignorance is bliss" part, until the bliss leaves and then you just feel stupid. --Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age)
User avatar
Sir Lemming
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 892
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:46 pm
Location: Grantham, PA/Long Island, NY

Postby OnlyAlienEver on Mon May 09, 2005 7:22 pm

ED LOTTERY, THE FANS OF YOUR SHOW CONTROL YOU AND IF YOU DON'T AGREE, THEN YOU ARE BANNED FROM EVER USING THE INTERNET GAIN.
User avatar
OnlyAlienEver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:57 am
Location: Brooklyn, New York

Postby UnFan on Mon May 09, 2005 7:25 pm

Or he could just quit Space Tree and everybody can go fuck themselves. Even if he had to give the reason for the late updates, it wouldn't have to be to us so much as his bosses.
UnFan
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:02 pm

Postby Ioden on Mon May 09, 2005 7:30 pm

UnFan wrote:Or he could just quit Space Tree and everybody can go fuck themselves. Even if he had to give the reason for the late updates, it wouldn't have to be to us so much as his bosses.


If he quits doing Space Tree, I swear to god I will finally learn how to make Flash animations (I have access to MX 2k4 but I never learned how to use it) but I will make them horrible, and I will do my worst impressions of his characters, and then "make" (by which I mean summon from the pits of hell) new episodes of Space Tree.

Just the THOUGHT of that abomination to god ever being unleashed from the depths of my computer should be enough to make Ed never want to stop doing Space Tree!
"Don't screw with cops."
http://ioden.keenspace.com

Status: Drunk On Air
Ioden
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:25 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Where The Bloody Hell Is Spacetree?

Postby TheCommunistBus on Mon May 09, 2005 7:34 pm

DSRGirl wrote:This isn't a question just for this week, but in general.

Ed, you are contractually obligated like every Keentoon artist to update each week right?

And you are each given a day in which to do so right?

And if you can't, you need to give a reason WHY or at least say you're NOT going to right?

And yet you don't.

Why? Is it because you're an arrogant ass or you just don't like using the keenforums for stuff like that? Either way it's annoying and irritating and really stupid to piss off your fans like that. Spacetree is a great cartoon. We want to know what's happening with it each week.

That is all.


That time of the month huh

Nah... if he's dead, he's dead like Aric McKeown, who was dead for like... 12 weeks, then came back to life and didn't do anything for an other three weeks or something.


Aric McKeown? I think you mean Jesus.
Last edited by TheCommunistBus on Mon May 09, 2005 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheCommunistBus
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:09 pm

Postby Brandon Clark on Mon May 09, 2005 7:37 pm

[size=10000000]IM VENTING MY TOWARDS THE ED ATLIN UPDATE TEH TREE UOY FAGGOT!1111111[/size]
User avatar
Brandon Clark
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:56 pm

Postby MegaRose on Mon May 09, 2005 10:07 pm

Is it bizarre that I don't care when Space Tree updates? Every few weeks I just go back to the site and see what updated. And if nothing updated, I move on to the next website, whatever that may be. It's never been a problem for me. I don't know what the big deal is, if he's a little late he's a little late.

And in response to the title question, 'Where the bloody hell is Space Tree?' the answer is simple. He is in space.

*prepares to be chased out of the forum*
Image
User avatar
MegaRose
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 7:21 pm
Location: Far away from you.

Postby Something-To-Say on Mon May 09, 2005 10:16 pm

brandon clark, is that a penguin raping a snail??????? th hell kinda sick bastard are you?!?!?!?!?

anyway, basically w/e his/her name was, was right. while it is nice to have updates, ed does have a life (right???...O.o) and they probably dont pay that much, most of his revenue comes from the merchandising, like they said in Space Balls :P

i mean cmon, look at bonus stage and waterman, when th hell is the last time bonus stage updated, and waterman(which, yes i know doesnt have a timetable, but still has an obligation to readers) didn't update for months, and although a couple months is alright, he didnt make one for like ... im guessing on this but... 7+months
User avatar
Something-To-Say
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:45 pm
Location: The Commander: Homosexual or Misunderstood?

Postby Tanukitsune on Tue May 10, 2005 4:33 am

spacetree+waterman=cool:D wrote:brandon clark, is that a penguin raping a snail??????? th hell kinda sick bastard are you?!?!?!?!?

Dude, that's King Dedede torturing his sidekick, not molesting him! :roll:
Having nothing to worry about makes me nervous...
User avatar
Tanukitsune
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1536
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:25 am
Location: Spain

Postby Maelin on Tue May 10, 2005 5:54 am

So we've got the people who are saying "GAAAH WHERE IS THE SPACE TREE I NEED MY FIX". There could be one, maybe two of these people, but in all probability, people who actually behave like this are completely imaginary.

Then there's a few of us, who are saying, fair enough that he's got a real life to deal with, but the 'updates every Thursday' thing is pretty stupid if he really updates every Monday or Tuesday. And it'd be nice if, you know, it's going to be late, that he could just hit the forum for two minutes and say, 'Sorry guys, the Trizzle is going to be late this week, should be ready by about Monday,' to which we'd say, 'Righto, Ed, thanks for the heads up.'

Then there are all the other people seemingly incapable of distinguishing between the reasonable people who nonetheless think it would be nice to be kept in the loop, just a little, so they don't log on each day and receive a little batch of fresh disappointment, and the imaginary idiots demanding the episode ASAP. These people feel the need to post either angry rants to the effect that "Ed Atlin don't owe you shit, foo! You can sit there and be happy when the episode comes out, bitch, and not a moment before!" or, alternatively, to give sarcastic and not exactly original impersonations of imaginary rude ST addicts.

To these oversarcastic people, I say: shut the fuck up. We think it would be nice if Ed could just give us a quick note that says, "Hey guys, expect to see Space Tree early next week." It's not really a lot to ask. If Ed can't accomodate that for whatever reason, that's fair enough, though I'd hope he'd tell us why. However, I'd expect that as a talented artist, he'd appreciate the importance of his fans enough to say, "Yeah, okay, I'll just post a brief note saying when the next episode should be ready," if we asked him to nicely.

So, Ed, if it's not too much trouble, could you try to keep us in the loop when episodes are going to be delayed, please? That'd be awesome. Cheers.

Maelin
Maelin
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:25 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

restrain yourselves

Postby margarine on Tue May 10, 2005 6:16 am

For all of the people whinging because Space Tree is a few days late, I'd have to ask 'have they ever actually tried making a flash animation themselves?' Because it's bloody difficult. Not only has Ed got to draw everything, he's got to script it and voice it and package it and that is no mean feat.
I salute the man on being as prolific as he is. He's had fresh material every week up to now, and his animation is top notch. Cut him some slack, you senseless whores....
User avatar
margarine
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 6:10 am
Location: Preston, UK

New fans

Postby Borg453 on Tue May 10, 2005 6:27 am

It's interesting to note that the absense of Spacetree is bringing a lot of fans out of the woodwork and into the forum. I've spotted a lot of new "faces" here. Hi everyone.

For me - I used to egt enough out of the cartoon itself and was too lazy to create an account. Now that its missing, I find myself visting the forum instead.

Here's a newb. question: Are there easter eggs in every episode? Is it just a question of clicking objects at random? I haven't looked yet.

Oh, and some of us are definately not imaginary ;)
- Mad, ingenious - they've both left you puzzled -
User avatar
Borg453
Junior Keenspotter
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 1:06 pm
Location: Denmark

Postby ed atlin on Tue May 10, 2005 7:18 am

hello internet, there will definitely be an update on thursday. and by thursday i mean thursday, not smurnday.

are we cool now? 8)
ed atlin
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:01 am

Re: New fans

Postby ed atlin on Tue May 10, 2005 7:21 am

Borg453 wrote:Here's a newb. question: Are there easter eggs in every episode? Is it just a question of clicking objects at random? I haven't looked yet.


most of #10-20 have something clickable at the end, i think. i haven't done them for a few weeks now though.
ed atlin
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:01 am

 
Next

Return to Space Tree The Space Tree... IN SPACE!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests