I'm a Jerk!

This KeenTOON does not need a description because the title says it all.

Moderator: Friz

I'm a Jerk!

Postby Friz on Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:05 am

Impossibility to do one cartoon a week + college + hate mail + about three fans in total + nobody really caring about it anyway + computer problems - pie = me wanting to pack this in.

I'm not a professional animator. I believe I'm the youngest of all the KeenTOONers, and haven't had much experience to do one good cartoon a week.

I've also got a shitload of distractions in my life to keep this thing up. They'll be a new episode this Tuesday, but after that, expect a huge hiatus. Don't even hold your breath for any new episodes afterwards.

After I get my life sorted, I'd also love to concentrate on my own website. It's been a hoot working for this place, but nobody's really gonna care anyway. Pete wasn't really the life and soul of KeenTOONS. Nobody came to the site thinking "Hell, I'm gonna go watch the crazy adventures of a Pogo Stick!"

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk. I'm not trying to say "Nobody likes my cartoon so I'm stopping it!". People do like the show, and I'm happy with that. I just don't want to let any of the fans down by not updating for months without any explanation.

I'll stick around to give my thoughts about Space Tree, laugh at Danny Washington, and of course, flame the newbies.

Been fun working here.
Yeah, I know.. my sig hasn't worked in a long, long time.

Pete is a Pogizzle Stizzle
Friz
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:13 am
Location: UK

Postby Rock501 on Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:39 am

we will miss you
Image
User avatar
Rock501
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:59 pm
Location: In a shitty college dorm.

Postby Tanukitsune on Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:01 am

Oh well, I guess your reasons are valid, you will be missed... :(
Having nothing to worry about makes me nervous...
User avatar
Tanukitsune
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1536
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:25 am
Location: Spain

Re: I'm a Jerk!

Postby actionwebgamer on Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:02 am

Friz wrote:about three fans in total

I'm a fan... :(
User avatar
actionwebgamer
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:50 am
Location: Somewhere between the "Z" and "X" keys

Postby OnlyAlienEver on Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:38 am

Obviously the show's not going to get more fans if you don't make more episodes. Come on, Friz....COME ON!!!
User avatar
OnlyAlienEver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:57 am
Location: Brooklyn, New York

Re: I'm a Jerk!

Postby The_Goblin on Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:39 am

actionwebgamer wrote:
Friz wrote:about three fans in total

I'm a fan... :(


Me too.... :cry:
The_Goblin
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:52 am

Postby Friz on Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:34 am

I'm not quitting because of the lack of fans. It's because I cannot do one cartoon a week. It took me about threemonths to make the first six Pete episodes. If you're willing to wait two or three weeks per episode without jumping down my throat like everybody does with Ed Atlin ("Holy shit, it's an hour late!")

There'll be a new one tomorrow... probably. Don't hold your breath.
Yeah, I know.. my sig hasn't worked in a long, long time.

Pete is a Pogizzle Stizzle
Friz
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:13 am
Location: UK

Postby Tyrano on Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:29 pm

Friz wrote:I'm not quitting because of the lack of fans. It's because I cannot do one cartoon a week. It took me about threemonths to make the first six Pete episodes. If you're willing to wait two or three weeks per episode without jumping down my throat like everybody does with Ed Atlin ("Holy shit, it's an hour late!")

There'll be a new one tomorrow... probably. Don't hold your breath.


I AM WILLING :lol:
I don't want a signature.
User avatar
Tyrano
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:30 pm
Location: Florida

Postby Fat_guy1 on Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:47 pm

Woah woah woah woah... wait a sec. Didn't you just... not do anything for the past six weeks? I mean, you've only almost made one episode since Pete became a Keentoon.

Also, your fans might be more than three, 'cause I'm one of 'em.
User avatar
Fat_guy1
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:34 pm

Postby JasterW on Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:11 pm

You're not a jerk, you're a human. Don't submit yourself to these insane animating conditions. Ed Atlin and the Matts are not of this Earth, there's a reason sane people work in teams and give themselves months and months to produce anything. It's because they want to have lives, and they want to produce things that don't suck. So take it easy, maybe come back to it when you have the time, and mostly don't worry about it. Cheers.
ARG! - It's an acronym, probably.
User avatar
JasterW
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 519
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Savannah, GA

Postby Friz on Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:50 am

Thanks JasterW. I'm probably the least professional animator out of all the KeenTOONers. I'm very close to finishing episode 7, but I'm starting to get bored of the show. I've never done any more than Seven episodes of any series I've worked on. Seems to be my magic number.

I'm glad people are willing to wait for Pete. If I do update (which is looking more and more likely), it'll most likely be once every three/four weeks. And then, as I begin to improve my skill, it'll most likely be every fortnight. And then, ONE EVERY THREE HOURS! That's the plan!
Yeah, I know.. my sig hasn't worked in a long, long time.

Pete is a Pogizzle Stizzle
Friz
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:13 am
Location: UK

Re: I'm a Jerk!

Postby Rock501 on Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:11 am

Hey, Watch as my spam gets edited by Friz!
User avatar
Rock501
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:59 pm
Location: In a shitty college dorm.

Postby OnlyAlienEver on Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:19 am

Friz wrote:I'm not quitting because of the lack of fans. It's because I cannot do one cartoon a week. It took me about threemonths to make the first six Pete episodes. If you're willing to wait two or three weeks per episode without jumping down my throat like everybody does with Ed Atlin ("Holy shit, it's an hour late!")


Take your time, then. Who knows? If it takes you once every two or three weeks, you can even become better than the other toons. It's still better to have some Pete than no Pete at all. 8)
User avatar
OnlyAlienEver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:57 am
Location: Brooklyn, New York

Postby Friz on Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:27 am

I've been reading all these comments and taken them all in account.

There's gonna be an announcement later this week one I've got some things with Chris sorted.
Yeah, I know.. my sig hasn't worked in a long, long time.

Pete is a Pogizzle Stizzle
Friz
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:13 am
Location: UK

just a thought

Postby Chrono on Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:57 am

You know I saw this coming from the first delay. I don't mind a huge hiatus but can't you just update once a year? Is that breaking the keentoon's contract? Why am i still here when im late to return to school?
User avatar
Chrono
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:32 pm

Postby Friz on Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:36 am

Knock Knock?

Who's There?

Danny.

Danny Who?

Danny Washington took 14 weeks off to improve the series for the better. This is what I'm (sort of) doing. Just gimmee a few weeks for the new site to be up, and you'll be choking laughter into your lunchboxes.
Yeah, I know.. my sig hasn't worked in a long, long time.

Pete is a Pogizzle Stizzle
Friz
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:13 am
Location: UK

Postby mr. kauervane on Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:07 pm

all I guess I can say is, add some ACTUAL animation. Heads wobbling back and forth while characters talk ISN'T animation. I think every animated KeenTOON has SOME frame by frame. Most notably is Bonus Stage. Pete seems to be the only one that looks truly crappy. RB & C too. I can't possibly see how it is hard for you to make an episode of Pete is a Pogo Stick. I spend maybe 4-5 days doing 100% originall frame by frame animation for my show, and it just upsets me that you think it's hard to basically move around symbols for 5 minutes.
Image
Episode 4: "Calcium Trial"
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/228296

*DISCUSS THE EPISODES HERE
http://andrewk.suddenlaunch3.com/index.cgi
*Episode 5 is currently delayed
User avatar
mr. kauervane
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:18 am

Postby Sir Lemming on Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:23 pm

Whoa, I like kicking people when they're down too!
Imagehttp://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/265596
I think it's that "ignorance is bliss" part, until the bliss leaves and then you just feel stupid. --Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age)
User avatar
Sir Lemming
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 892
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:46 pm
Location: Grantham, PA/Long Island, NY

Postby Jon Hanson on Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:44 pm

mr. kauervane wrote:all I guess I can say is, add some ACTUAL animation. Heads wobbling back and forth while characters talk ISN'T animation. I think every animated KeenTOON has SOME frame by frame. Most notably is Bonus Stage. Pete seems to be the only one that looks truly crappy. RB & C too. I can't possibly see how it is hard for you to make an episode of Pete is a Pogo Stick. I spend maybe 4-5 days doing 100% originall frame by frame animation for my show, and it just upsets me that you think it's hard to basically move around symbols for 5 minutes.

Congradulations, you're an internet dick!
"Of all bad men religious bad men are the worst." --C.S. Lewis in Reflections on the Psalms
I have a website?
User avatar
Jon Hanson
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:27 pm
Location: On the Internet

Postby mr. kauervane on Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:28 pm

Jon Hanson wrote:Congradulations, you're an internet dick!

I'll take my trophy and government check now.
Image
Episode 4: "Calcium Trial"
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/228296

*DISCUSS THE EPISODES HERE
http://andrewk.suddenlaunch3.com/index.cgi
*Episode 5 is currently delayed
User avatar
mr. kauervane
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:18 am

Postby Friz on Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:04 am

At least my animations have an understandable plot. I prefer to be about the funny then the look.

How long have you been doing animation, may I ask? It's taken me about four years to get as far as "moving symbols around". I'm 17 for god's sake. I've got college to go to, a play to learn and a life to manage. I understand I'm a rubbish animator. But the KeenTOONS picked me up for a reason. I didn't send email after email saying "please host my toons, they're the leet!" or start a topic for every single episode I'd made. Chris picked me because my cartoons are somewhat funny and have a lot of potential. People laughed at the humerous situations, and understood what was going on. KeenTOONS is about humour and people enjoying themselves. It's not about the best animators in the world IN THE WORLD.

So, you carry on sitting in your basement with your non-linear robot cartoon. I'm doing something with my life. And, with a brand spanking new contract I signed yesterday, I'm gonna be around for a while yet. As was mentioned earlier in this topic, I'm only human. It's very difficult for me to do one cartoon a week with everything that's going on in my life. Please keep your crappy comments to yourself.

Rant over.
Yeah, I know.. my sig hasn't worked in a long, long time.

Pete is a Pogizzle Stizzle
Friz
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:13 am
Location: UK

Postby mr. kauervane on Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:08 am

Oh snap! Now did that make you feel better? I certainly hope so, because Pete is a Pogo Stick hasn't gotten notta lick of laughter out of me. Simply because it's just retarted humor. Now I don't care what you say about MGR, because it's honestly not true. People did like it because 2 topics were created about episodes that I DIDN'T MAKE. Until I confronted those people and told them to stop making talkbacks. I honestly quit the idea of pitching MGR to KeenTOONS 2 episodes ago. I thought why should I adhere to an insane schedule and lower the quality of my show? I'm still doing the show just not on KeenTOONS. So enjoy your shallow goal of being on a website that pays for crap.
Image
Episode 4: "Calcium Trial"
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/228296

*DISCUSS THE EPISODES HERE
http://andrewk.suddenlaunch3.com/index.cgi
*Episode 5 is currently delayed
User avatar
mr. kauervane
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:18 am

Postby Friz on Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:02 am

mr. kauervane wrote:I thought why should I adhere to an insane schedule and lower the quality of my show?


That's exactly what I'm off to do. Updates would be once a fortnight or something. The design's gonna be slicker as well.

So, let's end the madness and the arguing, and just say there's gonna be a brand new section of KeenTOONS, and it's gonna have a lot more time taken over it.

and that MGR sucks.
Yeah, I know.. my sig hasn't worked in a long, long time.

Pete is a Pogizzle Stizzle
Friz
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:13 am
Location: UK

Postby Nar on Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:08 am

I think the horrible sad truth is that the vast majority of people who watch these cartoons are your normal internet leet-speaking junkies. They don't care about the anotomy of a cartoon, the animation, and what goes into it. They just want to laugh and write fanfictions that involve endless sex. Unfortunately, they don't care so much about the quality as I'd like to think. I think your animation is awesome, Andrew, and I know many would agree. But the vast majority looks right past it. Take Homestar Runner, for instance. We were just talking about it the other day. They have almost actual no animation in their cartoon yet it is extremely popular. I'm not saying you should do anything different in your cartoon. Different people just have different tastes and I think what it boils down to is that you just have to go with the majority, or find a happy medium.
Well, whatever. I'm just adding my two cents in and trying to see if we can't come to a compromise. We don't need anymore fights on these forums than there's already been...
User avatar
Nar
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:44 am
Location: New Jersey

Postby Tyrano on Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:43 am

Bonus Stage and My God Robots! aren't really funny, they're just about the animation... so Pete may lack great animation but makes it up for humor and by not being boring and unfunny.
I don't want a signature.
User avatar
Tyrano
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:30 pm
Location: Florida

 
Next

Return to Pete is a Pogo Stick

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron