New Stuff of Note

Robotbox is a robot. Cactus is a cactus. The rest is too confusing to describe. (Okay, it's NOT, but we're lazy.)

Moderator: McBean

New Stuff of Note

Postby McBean on Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:30 am

If you're Stevie Wonder or just lame, then you probably haven't noticed that there's a new look to the website. There's some minor changes here and there.
Start telling your friends about the site or something. Post in your livejournals/blogs/website/womprats/diaries...or wherever. It doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is hits. I want hits, no hits and I walk.
Also if you's guys wants to email me then do so here: robotboxandcactus[at]gmail.com
Matt C. "mcbean"
McBean
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby mydearauntsally on Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:50 pm

if you book them they will come
mydearauntsally
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: New Stuff of Note

Postby Nar on Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:25 pm

McBean wrote:I want hits, no hits and I walk.

I don't know if I'm misunderstanding this, but are you saying that if site traffic doesn't pick up, you're going to quit?
I don't want to accuse you of something you aren't going to do, but leaving because the current visitor level is low isn't always a good reason. Site traffic can (and will) pick up in time. Plus, I, and probably many others, only go on new episode days. I do that for all the cartoons here. So just because you have low visitor numbers doesn't mean people aren't watching.
But I understand. Your cartoon seems to not be liked as much as the other toons here. I mean, I like it, and I think it's unfair that you seem to get less attention.
So maybe this advertising thing is just what you need. However, advertising through fans may not always work. I would suggest trying to get ads on popular sites. It may cost a pretty penny, but it does work.
Once again, I don't want to jump to conclusions and say that all this is what you're planning to do. I have no clue. So if it's not, just ignore this post....
Actually...you already read it. Nevermind.
Nar
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: New Stuff of Note

Postby Jon Hanson on Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:25 pm

Nar wrote:
McBean wrote:I want hits, no hits and I walk.

I don't know if I'm misunderstanding this, but are you saying that if site traffic doesn't pick up, you're going to quit?
I don't want to accuse you of something you aren't going to do, but leaving because the current visitor level is low isn't always a good reason. Site traffic can (and will) pick up in time. Plus, I, and probably many others, only go on new episode days. I do that for all the cartoons here. So just because you have low visitor numbers doesn't mean people aren't watching.
But I understand. Your cartoon seems to not be liked as much as the other toons here. I mean, I like it, and I think it's unfair that you seem to get less attention.
So maybe this advertising thing is just what you need. However, advertising through fans may not always work. I would suggest trying to get ads on popular sites. It may cost a pretty penny, but it does work.
Once again, I don't want to jump to conclusions and say that all this is what you're planning to do. I have no clue. So if it's not, just ignore this post....
Actually...you already read it. Nevermind.
I think he was joking.
"Of all bad men religious bad men are the worst." --C.S. Lewis in Reflections on the Psalms
I have a website?
Jon Hanson
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Brandon Clark on Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:26 pm

Eh, you COULD do the $20 a day thing on Newgrounds. But I'm not entirely sure you could even do that... Or would wan't too...

EDIT: I'm gonna leave this up here to show everyone what a sucker I am. =/

EDIT 2: Why do I keep falling for these tricks?
Brandon Clark
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby McBean on Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:15 am

that's it, you've convinced me to quit.
Matt C. "mcbean"
McBean
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby actionwebgamer on Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:28 am

Auuuggghhh!!!! Why are you posting this on April 2???? If this is an April fools joke, you're one day too late.
actionwebgamer
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Nar on Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:44 am

McBean wrote:that's it, you've convinced me to quit.

Hah, what a kidder! He sounds like me a few years ago! Wow...I almost fell for...
You are kidding, right? I never know what to believe anymore! Stupid holidays with entertainment purposes!
Nar
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby manwithjewels on Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:28 am

Way to go you jerks... Now he's gone and never coming back. What did I tell you? About getting the hits!?
The moon...
manwithjewels
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby actionwebgamer on Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:30 am

Uh... This is the first time you've posted in this topic.
actionwebgamer
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby UnFan on Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:22 pm

Haha, prank'd.
UnFan
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Robotbox & Cactus