DWEE 8 - Broken Box (actually, there's no title posted yet)

Learning is fun. And sometimes covered in blood. EGG blood.

Moderator: Aric McKeown

DWEE 8 - Broken Box (actually, there's no title posted yet)

Postby Sir Lemming on Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:45 am

Another quality episode. Loved the towel and the ending.
Imagehttp://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/265596
I think it's that "ignorance is bliss" part, until the bliss leaves and then you just feel stupid. --Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age)
Sir Lemming
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby actionwebgamer on Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:58 am

Another masterpiece. 9/10
actionwebgamer
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby OnlyAlienEver on Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:42 am

Nice episode, though kind of disappointing that the new ones are getting to be way shorter than the earlier ones. I'm still happy to see them, though.

I liked how you made fun of an old clich
OnlyAlienEver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Sir Lemming on Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:52 am

I guess I should go back and time the other episodes or something, but I honestly don't notice this shortness that everyone else is seeing.
Sir Lemming
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Tanukitsune on Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:52 am

I kinda saw the ending coming, but I still liked it...
Having nothing to worry about makes me nervous...
Tanukitsune
Keenspot Despot

Postby Nar on Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:16 pm

I love how just looking at this cartoon makes me want to laugh. There is no other cartoon or TV show, etc. that does that.
Nar
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby chanceofgotham on Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:23 pm

The voice for the towel was actually a nice touch and I find EE's setup quite amusing. But honestly, if he's capable of putting all the world's evil into a box, shouldn't he have known Danny wouldn't open it? Educational Egg is so brilliant but so short sighted. Maybe it's the crazy pupils.
By the by, I believe we saw eyes JUST like those in an Professor Ashfield strip on at least one occasion. When I have some time maybe I'll go look for it and post a link. I just know it was awfully familiar the first time I saw it.
So why isn't EE doing crazy things with his eyes like in the first few episodes? I kind of liked the magic pupil-swapping. He should also speak in the multi-voice again at some point... perhaps while educating Danny on the serious medical issue of bed-wetting. Or about why mommy had to get a restraining order against daddy. You know, the things kids these days need to know about but no one will tell them.
I'm starting to wish I could guest-write some episodes... mwahahahahahaha.

-C-
chanceofgotham
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Pupkin on Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:02 pm

"Oh no, all the world's evils!" I like it.
Pupkin
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby OnlyAlienEver on Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:51 am

chanceofgotham wrote:But honestly, if he's capable of putting all the world's evil into a box, shouldn't he have known Danny wouldn't open it?

Danny might have not known that Educational Egg was capable of putting all the world's evil inside a box. He only didn't open it because Educational Egg told him not to!
OnlyAlienEver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Senyia on Sun May 01, 2005 10:24 pm

So, we see another of EE's more questionable habits, running around with a box'o'da'worlds' evilness. I said it once and i'll say it again, that egg needs a serious hug. Two thumbs up to the towel!
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics. Even if you win, your still retarded.
Senyia
Junior Keenspotter

Postby chanceofgotham on Mon May 02, 2005 12:21 am

OnlyAlienEver wrote:[Danny might have not known that Educational Egg was capable of putting all the world's evil inside a box. He only didn't open it because Educational Egg told him not to!

It's not a question of what Danny knows, but of what EE knows. EE is obviously very powerful so he should have known Danny would not open the box. Clearly he mistakes Danny for a prime example of the human race, which generally lacks honesty and virtue. Danny is unusual for someone with a child-like mind since most children will peek and then lie about it later. I'll also note that small children only deny they peeked while older ones can actually lie about motivation and will admit to peeking but then lie and say they only looked because they heard a noise or something.

-C-
chanceofgotham
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby MashiTheInsane on Mon May 02, 2005 7:08 am

OFFTOPIC, MAYBE: Is it just me, or is this unnamed episode that Sir Lemming posted a thread about have the title of a Queens of the Stone Age song? Ahaha. *hau ab'd*
MashiTheInsane
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Danny Washington & Educational Egg