[OFF TOPIC] Time Splitters: Future Perfect

Learning is fun. And sometimes covered in blood. EGG blood.

Moderator: Aric McKeown

[OFF TOPIC] Time Splitters: Future Perfect

Postby Aric McKeown on Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:28 am

Grand Turismo 4? Your frustrated me. Time Splitters: Future Perfect, you have delighted me.

Zombie monkeys trapping and then killing me very slowly had me squealing like a little girl.

This game is full of delight. If you liked Bond or Perfect Dark, you'll enjoy this. Also, if you have a funny bone. You can always play as a chicken cactus.
Aric McKeown
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Brandon Clark on Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:43 am

Isnt that game easy and extremely short? I heard the multiplayer makes up for it, but everyone plays Halo anyway so...
Brandon Clark
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Aric McKeown on Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:01 pm

I play Halo as well, but TimeSplitters is just fast and frantic and goofy and great. It's a popcorn game. The story mode is medium sized. But there are a ton of mini games to play, to unlock more and more and more.

Of course, I'm playing this on a PS2. Where there haven't been any good fast paced shooters to play online. Since none of my dang ol' friends own XBoxes.
Aric McKeown
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Brandon Clark on Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:47 pm

Hmm mini games? I didn't hear about any of those. I do know it has a map-maker, which is pretty cool. I don't acually own an Xbox anyway, I was just pointing out that Halo is pretty much the only FPS people play anymore.

Hmm maybe I should pick up Timesplitters...
Brandon Clark
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Aric McKeown on Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:42 pm

If you are unsure about 3, TimeSplitters 2, with much of the same fun, minus online play, can be purchased for under $20. Less, if used.
Aric McKeown
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby bunji on Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:35 am

I saw this in Game when I was buying Constantine. I wish I hadn't bought it now, Timesplitters seems so much better. I bought the two previous Timesplitter games and they were great!
Bleh. I'm bored.
bunji
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby DarkShive on Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:19 pm

Ooh! Is there a level editor like there was in Timesplitters 2? I loved Timesplitters 2 primarily because it allowed you to make your own levels (though story-mode options were very lacking for self-made levels).

My favorite level I made had you trapped in a large room with lots of pillars (leaving resulted in losing the mission), and all the bad guys were monkeys armed with various explosives, and all you had were explosives as well. The goal was to survive 3 minutes in a confined space surrounded by bomb-hurling monkeys and having to avoid both their explosives and your own explosives.
El Goonish Shive - My Deviant Art Page
"Those shoes are definitely bi-curious." - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock
DarkShive
Meddling Squirrel

Location: Burn the land and boil the sea; you can't take the sky from me...

Return to Danny Washington & Educational Egg