Woo! #601!

It's not just a clever name for a webcomic... okay, it is.

Moderator: chris daily

Woo! #601!

Postby Majkai on Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:56 pm

Yea, finally! It's great to see Chris get a start on the next 600 strips! Love the fact that the first thing Damion wants after all this is some coffee...and the looks on Alli's face in frame 3 and Rachael's in frame 4 are priceless! Thanks Chris, glad you're back into production! :D
Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem--Virgil's The Aeneid

I will not make any deals with you. I’ve resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.--No. 6, The Prisoner

The 21st Century is when everything changes, and you gotta be ready.--Captain Jack Harkness, Torchwood

Who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?--Sir Bedevere to King Arthur, Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Majkai
Keenspotter Supreme

Location: Central NY, and yes, we do have more snow and rain here than in Iraq, thanks for asking!

Postby Propellerhead on Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:15 am

Room of monotony... A-Hahahahaha.... Great strip, I love how you do the lights.
Propellerhead
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby WriterChris on Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:38 pm

Is it just my imagination or does it seem like Alli is blaming Rachael for stripping when Alli was in fact the one who suggested it.
Maybe there is something to the renewed Alli/Rachael subtext that the event brought up and now she is regretting that it happened, since it was a situation of her own making and in hindsight could have been avoided.
WriterChris
Junior Keenspotter

Postby CodeGuy on Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:01 pm

"Not a word" isn't something you say when you're blaming someone. It's what you say when you know you messed up but you're too upset to handle someone pointing it out.
CodeGuy
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby WriterChris on Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:15 pm

Ok, how about more blaming of agreeing to go along with rather than suggesting another option.

Alli is definitely pissed at herself and looking for a scapegoat. IMO, lashing out at Rachael serves the purpose of keeping her from pressuring Alli about what she may really be feeling and it gives Alli a chance to either sort it out or bury it deeper in denial.
WriterChris
Junior Keenspotter

Postby badkittyface on Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:45 am

i think it's your imagination, dude. too much Dr. Phil.
badkittyface
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby sixstringgun on Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:46 pm

who else agrees that this is too much of a "I want vacation time, so now I'm going to end the storyline poorly" ending? there was a long premise for the story, there were several strips of working their way INTO the club, and Kim had to sing a song. That's the end? Personally, I think Chris ended the storyline too early and that there was room and even expectation of further complications along this story.

Just my opinion though lol.
sixstringgun
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby atristain on Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:42 am

Who says this is the end? They still has to go out of the club.

And why are you surprised for Damion's need for coffee? That's Damion (the Damion we all know and love) talking. The poor guy just passed through a caffeine-abstinence for *gasp* more than 3 hours! (3 months?) :o

He'll need to restart his caffeine intake soon or he will start singing R&B songs or something! And you know there's not a patch to replace caffeine intake.

I like every panel. Everything was well-placed. Oh! And Kim is a Punk Rocker now! :wink:
The sound of rolling dice
To me is music in the air!
'Cause I'm a gamblin' Boogie Man
Although I don't play fair!
atristain
Keenspot Despot

Postby Something-To-Say on Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:10 pm

CodeGuy wrote:something you say

You called? Oh wait no...
Something-To-Say
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby HiFranc on Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:25 am

sixstringgun wrote:who else agrees that this is too much of a "I want vacation time, so now I'm going to end the storyline poorly" ending? there was a long premise for the story, there were several strips of working their way INTO the club, and Kim had to sing a song. That's the end? Personally, I think Chris ended the storyline too early and that there was room and even expectation of further complications along this story.

I think the close story only seems rushed because the latter stages of the story were posted closer together than the start of the story. It might be an idea to wait until the story is truly over then go back to the start of it and read the entire thing in one session.
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby badkittyface on Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:21 pm

sixstringgun wrote:who else agrees that this is too much of a "I want vacation time, so now I'm going to end the storyline poorly" ending? there was a long premise for the story, there were several strips of working their way INTO the club, and Kim had to sing a song. That's the end? Personally, I think Chris ended the storyline too early and that there was room and even expectation of further complications along this story.

i would guess that he's wrapping the story up because he's had to drag it out all summer, trying to fit in strips while working. hopefully, he's had some ideas (TOMMY, HELLO!) and is getting ready for a new story.
badkittyface
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Something-To-Say on Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:49 pm

badkittyface wrote:

i would guess that he's wrapping the story up because he's had to drag it out all summer, trying to fit in strips while working. hopefully, he's had some ideas (TOMMY, HELLO!) and is getting ready for a new story.

Tommy's dead next is the asian. WE MUST PURIFY THE STRIP. DESTORY ALL NON-CAUCASIANS
Something-To-Say
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Propellerhead on Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:15 pm

Uhhh... that was creepy...
Propellerhead
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Something-To-Say on Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:20 pm

Propellerhead wrote:Uhhh... that was creepy...

YOU! ARE YOU CAUC- oh yea you're that ugly pale white guy who wants to pretend he's weird al(who, btw, SUCKS!)
Something-To-Say
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Yuko no Slayer-Dryad on Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:08 am

WriterChris wrote:Is it just my imagination or does it seem like Alli is blaming Rachael for stripping when Alli was in fact the one who suggested it.
Maybe there is something to the renewed Alli/Rachael subtext that the event brought up and now she is regretting that it happened, since it was a situation of her own making and in hindsight could have been avoided.

That's our Alli.
If a man is right about something, and no one agrees with him and he is unable to put his truth into benificial action beyond mere principle, does it really matter whether he's right or not?
Yuko no Slayer-Dryad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Propellerhead on Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:58 am

Something-To-Say wrote:
Propellerhead wrote:Uhhh... that was creepy...

YOU! ARE YOU CAUC- oh yea you're that ugly pale white guy who wants to pretend he's weird al(who, btw, SUCKS!)

OK, YOU CAN CALL ME UGLY AND YOU CAN DE-RAIL THIS TOPIC, BUT IF YOU SAY THAT WEIRD AL SUCKS YOU MIGHT WAKE UP WITH A PITCHFORK IN YOUR FACE!!!
Propellerhead
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby atristain on Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:47 pm

Whoa! Keep it down! Don't Feed the Troll.
The sound of rolling dice
To me is music in the air!
'Cause I'm a gamblin' Boogie Man
Although I don't play fair!
atristain
Keenspot Despot

Postby Propellerhead on Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:26 am

Yeah, but he said that Weird Al sucks.... you can't say stuff like that.... that's like forgetting to write the 'h' in Chuck Norris!
Propellerhead
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby daanton on Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:31 am

Too late! The Troll has been fed.... :shifty:
daanton
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Radbaron on Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:54 pm

WWCD?

:D
Radbaron
Keenspotter Supreme

Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Earth, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, MWG

Postby badkittyface on Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:44 pm

yat dat daaaa

da doot doot doooo
badkittyface
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby badkittyface on Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:45 pm

meep meep
badkittyface
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby badkittyface on Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:46 pm

frrrrrrvvt~
badkittyface
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby badkittyface on Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:46 pm

YEAH

so what can you do?
badkittyface
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby daanton on Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:49 am

badkittyface wrote:yat dat daaaa

da doot doot doooo
badkittyface wrote:meep meep
badkittyface wrote:frrrrrrvvt~
badkittyface wrote:YEAH

so what can you do?

Lessee, if I were a bonafide moderator, .... well, that'd be for me to know and you to find out, wouldn't it?
daanton
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Next

Return to Striptease