ROUS's

It's not just a clever name for a webcomic... okay, it is.

Moderator: chris daily

Do you love the Princess Bride?

Yes
70%
No
9%
It's Alright
9%
No Preference
13%

Total votes : 23

ROUS's

Postby missyperritt on Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:17 pm

I LOVE the Princess Bride references!! It's my FAVORITE MOVIE!

Thanks for that one!
missyperritt
Junior Keenspotter

Postby sixstringgun on Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:38 pm

lol I miss most of the references until someone points them out. But yeah, I love this movie lol and want to rape the priest. Mawwiage...twue wuv..
sixstringgun
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby badkittyface on Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:21 am

whenever someone asks me a question that requires a yes/no/maybe, i tend to reply with, "it's possible, PIG." :P
badkittyface
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby HiFranc on Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:52 pm

It's a film for kids. I expect its fan base is a combination of teenagers and parents of teenagers. It's OK but nothing more.
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Radbaron on Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:29 pm

Have you read the book?
Radbaron
Keenspotter Supreme

Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Earth, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, MWG

Postby MetaLuna on Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:45 pm

HiFranc wrote:It's a film for kids. I expect its fan base is a combination of teenagers and parents of teenagers. It's OK but nothing more.

Actually, I've discovered that its biggest fans are LDS teen girls. They all LOVE that movie. I suspect chicks in general love it, actually, since it's all about twoo luv and so on.

And then Cary Elwes was in Saw and I cried for his career.
MetaLuna
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Conina on Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:01 pm

'Scuse me? 'The Princess Bride' is a geek cult classic. I am not a teenager, nor do I like it (or any movie) 'because it's about twoo luv'. And I'm not the parent of a teenager either. Most people I know who have seen and love the movie are geeks, I also know people (women mostly) who have seen it and don't like it - I believe all this is evidence against the hypotheses put forth.

It's also the most infinitely quotable movie I've ever come across - although this was just painful (the last one on the page, if you don't know what I'm talking about).
"Sort of? Sort of the end of the world? You mean we won't be certain? We'll look around and say 'Pardon me, did you hear something?'?"

"I don't need a compass to tell which way the wind shines!"
Conina
Keenspot Despot

Postby Majkai on Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:50 pm

HiFranc wrote:It's a film for kids. I expect its fan base is a combination of teenagers and parents of teenagers. It's OK but nothing more.

Just OK? Inconceivable!
Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem--Virgil's The Aeneid

I will not make any deals with you. I’ve resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.--No. 6, The Prisoner

The 21st Century is when everything changes, and you gotta be ready.--Captain Jack Harkness, Torchwood

Who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?--Sir Bedevere to King Arthur, Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Majkai
Keenspotter Supreme

Location: Central NY, and yes, we do have more snow and rain here than in Iraq, thanks for asking!

Postby atristain on Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:47 am

Had to select no preference since I've never seen it. And I spent a huge amount of time in front of the computer talking about things that nobody else cares about... Oh! And I snort when I laugh.

Hope this doesn't revoke my geek license... I'd hate to give up my pocket protector... :(
The sound of rolling dice
To me is music in the air!
'Cause I'm a gamblin' Boogie Man
Although I don't play fair!
atristain
Keenspot Despot

Return to Striptease