Monday, May 22nd

It's not just a clever name for a webcomic... okay, it is.

Moderator: chris daily

Postby Conina on Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:22 am

Okay, I see one person who reacted in a 'drooling over the unrealistic women' manner and maybe three who kinda went 'ha ha I'm a perv' (in a very tongue-in-cheek manner) then proceeded to make sensible comments. And I think most of those were triggered by the 'ladies gettin' nekkid' thing rather than 'OMG! They're drawn so hot and sexy!!!'

You responded with a personal attack on 'all you men' for thinking the unrealistic women were sexy, and for apparently not noticing how very unrealistic they are.

Sure we'd all be disgusted by a real woman with those proportions (well, I'd probably be thinking 'damn girl! How can you even be still alive?' rather than 'ew'). A real man who looked like the ones in this comic would probably elicit a similar response.

Surely you can comment on your dislike for the current art style without resorting to assumption, generalisation and personal attacks? They tend to rile people up.
"Sort of? Sort of the end of the world? You mean we won't be certain? We'll look around and say 'Pardon me, did you hear something?'?"

"I don't need a compass to tell which way the wind shines!"
Conina
Keenspot Despot

Postby atristain on Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:49 am

I was dreaming last night making a Podcast with Chris, and we got to a part that he told me that, because he loves his fans and because he read the complaints of some people in the forum, he was going to start drawing the characters with the same build that Lydia and Ryan have. :-|

* Back to hold my pillow and sucking my thumb *
The sound of rolling dice
To me is music in the air!
'Cause I'm a gamblin' Boogie Man
Although I don't play fair!
atristain
Keenspot Despot

Postby MetaLuna on Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:13 am

Lydia's cute.

Conina, you really ought to go back and read my original post. I didn't make a single personal attack in there. "Please tell me you don't really want your women to look like that" was the closest, and all that meant was "They're not sexy at all."

And honestly, how is this an issue? I don't find the women sexy at all, no matter how naked they are, because I'm so put off by their proportions. Cartoons are cartoons, yeah, but the hip thing is new to me. Never seen that one. And it's distracting. I'm used to seeing unrealistic breasts and arms and legs that are much too long and huge eyes and huge heads and no noses (hated Pocahontas art - how was she sposed to breathe?), but a teeny waist and hips that stretch straight out (presumably so you can rest your beer on them) just pushes it for me.
MetaLuna
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Conina on Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:48 pm

I beg your pardon, I read:
MetaLuna wrote:Oh, please. If any of you men actually saw a girl proportioned like the girls in this strip, you'd be disgusted.

And:
Please tell me you men in this forum don't actually WANT your women to look like this.

As personal attacks. If that was not intended then I apologise.
"Sort of? Sort of the end of the world? You mean we won't be certain? We'll look around and say 'Pardon me, did you hear something?'?"

Conina
Keenspot Despot

Postby CodeGuy on Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:50 pm

We might as well let it go. This thread has exactly two possibilities.

A)
"You started it!"
"No, you started it!"
"No, you started it!"
"No, you started it!"

B)
Thread deleted.
CodeGuy
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Propellerhead on Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:53 pm

You forgoooooot C-eeee-eeee! :wink:
Propellerhead
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby MetaLuna on Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:04 am

I just don't see how those were personal attacks. "You men" is a general term, and "you'd be disgusted" isn't the same as, say, "you're disgusting".

Anyway, don't let me stop the parade. If I were a man (and sometimes, even though I'm not) I'd drool over more well-proportioned women. Say, those in Sexy Losers? Yeah, they're unrealistic, but at least they're unrealistically hot and not unrealistically deformed.
MetaLuna
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Conina on Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:43 pm

Okay, I am sick of arguing. I have apologised and everything. This is the last thing I'm gonna say on the topic.

Conina
Keenspot Despot

Postby Propellerhead on Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:59 pm

Isn't this a good time for an Invader Zim refference?

Zim actually said but this time he wrote:You dare agree with me? Prepare to meet your horrible doom!
Propellerhead
Keenspot Juggernaut

Previous

Return to Striptease