Monday, May 22nd

It's not just a clever name for a webcomic... okay, it is.

Moderator: chris daily

Monday, May 22nd

Postby Radbaron on Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:08 am

Is now up

Oh

my

[thud]
Radbaron
Keenspotter Supreme

Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Earth, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, MWG

Postby Propellerhead on Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:41 am

*Pics up his jaw from the floor and puts it back on*

Holy molly... That... that's....

[thud]
Propellerhead
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby HiFranc on Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:55 pm

What I'm confused about is why does Rachel seem to be asking Alli for advice on gay relationships?...
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Conina on Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:43 pm

That's not how I read it.

Although a NSFW warning might have been good - too late to do me any good, of course, seeing as I'd have to have already opened the page before seeing the waning, but hey. No harm done though, I don't think anyone saw. :P

NAKED!
"Sort of? Sort of the end of the world? You mean we won't be certain? We'll look around and say 'Pardon me, did you hear something?'?"

"I don't need a compass to tell which way the wind shines!"
Conina
Keenspot Despot

Postby HiFranc on Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:37 am

The words say that she's just sharing her fustration but her eyes look like they're pleading.

Maybe, I'm wrong?...
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Propellerhead on Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:47 am

*Pulls himself back together and sits up*

Those... are... leopard-skin... UNDIES!
Propellerhead
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Aura on Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:53 pm

why, yes they are.

personally, I dont feel dissapointed by the wait when it yeilds these kind of results.

and shes not asking Alli for advice I think so much as voicing her feeling of lost-ness(what word am I looking for?)

and if I needed any relationship help, I definitley would not turn to Alli, who clearly has the worst luck in the world when it comes to relationships.

Wondering: what has happened to Willi and Bryon? :-|
"Sanity is WAY overrated"-Captain Horny
Aura
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby CodeGuy on Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:51 pm

I think the look is mainly just a good, solid look at something she likes looking at. Maybe a little wishful thinking, too.
CodeGuy
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Conina on Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:21 am

I agree with CodeGuy
"Sort of? Sort of the end of the world? You mean we won't be certain? We'll look around and say 'Pardon me, did you hear something?'?"

Conina
Keenspot Despot

Postby crypto on Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:35 am

-spunges up the drool spot-

wait you're saying there was text?

Ok now that the perv coment's out of my system; I'd say it's partly as Code Guy said, and partly just venting her frustration.
Current Goonmanji form:The game board

Infuego wrote:
crypto wrote:
"noskunkonskunkactionforyou".

We can dream can't we? Actually, I'm picturing Skunk on Ellen on Nan on skunk action.

Ooh, best idea I've heard today! Or read, i guess...

Quadraxis wrote:Crypto, your mind is a very disturbing sandwich. The kind of sandwich you decide not to eat and just let rot somewhere unnoticeable.
crypto
Keenspot Despot

Postby NotoriousMEQ on Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:20 am

All I have to say is FINALLY, a STRIPTEASE in STRIPTEASE! This comic is the biggest tease!

And if I had to randomly strip with a buddy, I'd probably talk about something totally unrelated, too. Awesome.

-megs
NotoriousMEQ
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby atristain on Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:37 pm

At least we know why it took so much for Chris to update the strip. He must have had both of his hands pretty busy... :evilgrin:

Coloring the strip, you pervs! :evil:

Anyway, it looks like Rae really needed to take that out of her system and at least Alli ended up being a good listener. (Alas, this does not work for Max)

I really like the look in Rae's face in the last panel. Looks like comparing people are not so bad in certain situations. After all, she already knew Naomi's body quite well... :smug:

And if we're going into another hiatus, nothing like this strip to bait...err...allure...err... attract! Yes! That's it!... more readers. :evilgrin:
The sound of rolling dice
To me is music in the air!
'Cause I'm a gamblin' Boogie Man
Although I don't play fair!
atristain
Keenspot Despot

Postby MetaLuna on Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:07 pm

Oh, please. If any of you men actually saw a girl proportioned like the girls in this strip, you'd be disgusted. That hip-to-waist ratio is worse than unreal - it's actually distracting in how much it looks like those male corset models from the 19th century. Seriously, what's up with the 48 inch hips and the 12 inch waist? And the breasts seem to float apart and away from each other - you know, like implants, and not the realistic kind, either. And for some reason, all the women have started to hold their arms waaay back from their body, with their breasts thrust forward and their shoulders thrown back. It's like they're trying to compensate for being off balance due to those huge implants.

I check this strip for updates just about every day, but towards the beginning of this particular storyline, I started just plain getting annoyed with the artwork. Please tell me you men in this forum don't actually WANT your women to look like this.
MetaLuna
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby CodeGuy on Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:35 pm

I don't want women to look that way. However, I do accept the fact that this is a cartoon, not real people. Their eyes are also vastly bigger than human eyes, but that doesn't particularly bother me.

Also, different women have different breasts. There are quite a lot of women with natural breasts that don't press up against each other.

MetaLuna wrote:Oh, please. If any of you men

I'll admit that I'm not big on Chris' hip to waist ratio, but it's *just* a comic. The people on this thread (not all of whom are men) are just joking around. No need to go on a tirade against men.
CodeGuy
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Conina on Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:04 am

Oh please tell me I'm included in that 'all you men' comment. I'd love to know that even with a female name and transgendered avvy I still come across as male. Hmmm... wonder if it'd still happen with an actual photo...

And I'd like to say that I'm friggin' glad women don't look like that, I'd have to have drastic surgery if so, and I just don't have that kind of money.

I would also like to this opportunity to warn you not to make assumptions near me - they irritate the living hell out of me, and many others as well. If you don't like the art, stop reading the comic. :evil:

Conina
Keenspot Despot

Postby badkittyface on Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:31 am

i agree 100% with MetaLuna. Striptease's artwork is destroying our society. i, personally, have developed bulimia as a direct result of reading it and have a huge lawsuit ready to slap down on the creator. yes... i believe that, in a world where real women in entertainment remain chaste and modestly dressed, both on- and off-camera, Striptease and its continuing message that "YOU SHOULD LOOK JUST LIKE THIS" is damaging the impressionable minds of its 6.2 billion readers around the globe. get your jollies while you can, you male chauvinist pigs, because once the jury's in with my money, this strip is going DOWN.
badkittyface
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby atristain on Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:54 am

* Sniff * * Sniff *
Hey! Who brought the gas cans and the match! Puleeeeaaaazeeee!

Seriously, if you want to start a flame war, go somewhere else. And if you want to sue Chris for developing, then procceed against DC and Marvel for promoting women with E cups and anorexic waists.

Why don't you sue him for drawing feet bigger than mine (29 US) and legs that would need a pair of binoculars just to check if they have their toenails painted?

If you're thinking we're chauvinistic and perverted pigs for appreciating the art and making jokes about it, then I'll speak in terms that you expect from us:

- Oink! -
- Oink! -
Soooeeeeyy!
Soooeeeeyy!
The sound of rolling dice
To me is music in the air!
'Cause I'm a gamblin' Boogie Man
Although I don't play fair!
atristain
Keenspot Despot

Postby Propellerhead on Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:13 am

Dont you mean:
Oink!
Soooeeeey!
Soooeeeey!
Oink!
Braf!
Oink!
Propellerhead
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Monday, May 22nd

Postby daanton on Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:23 am

Radbaron wrote:Is now up

Oh

my

[thud]

I know!

So.... just how far will they go this time? And how far will Chris Daily let it go this time? :)

:evilgrin:
daanton
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby MetaLuna on Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:14 am

Oh my stars. Overreact a little? I said I check the comic every day. That's 'cause I like it. I've read them all and have been keeping up with them for over a year. I like the comic. But lately, the art has gotten really ridiculous. Anyone who has been reading this comic for any length of time knows that the guy changes his style periodically. And lately, it involves hips the size of Texas.

Now, now, gentlemen, I wasn't saying that men are pigs. I happen to be quite a fan of men. I'm saying that if women actually did look like those drawings, it'd be pretty revolting, and it IS distracting me from the actual storyline. Don't get me wrong - I'm down for the striptease from Rae and Alli. I just wish they looked a leeeetle bit more normal. It's true that, being comics, they're not going to look natural. But even Barbie dolls have more realistic waists.

And no, I'm not suggesting that Striptease is singlehandedly causing the eating disorder epidemic in this country, or even that it has anything to do with that at all. (That was incredibly childish and off-point, badkittyface.) The point is that it looks bad for asthetic reasons.
MetaLuna
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Propellerhead on Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:15 am

You know... you're not the first one to complain... TO COMPLAIN ABOUT FREE BEER!

*picks up lego figures and starts to wave them around like maaaaaad*

This is Chris' comic, you can be happy you can read it for free, so what if he draws thin girls, if he wants to draw thin girls, I won't complain, It's not like he says that girls have to be thin and skinny! I'm not a fan of thin girls, but I'm a fan of Chris Daily and that's all that matters for me!
Propellerhead
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby CodeGuy on Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:47 pm

MetaLuna wrote:Oh my stars. Overreact a little?

It's kind of sad that you can say that and not see the irony.
CodeGuy
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby MetaLuna on Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:37 pm

They're not THIN. They have huge, bulbous hips. It's so unattractive. And distracting.

There's no irony there. I'm not exactly wringing my hands in disgust. His art's just taken a downward turn as of late. It started off all cartoony and goofy (which is cool) and started maturing, and now it seems to be trapped in pubescent teen boy phase.
MetaLuna
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby CodeGuy on Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:49 pm

The irony isn't in your comments about his art. I actually agree to a certain extent.

The irony is in your comment about overreacting. In your first post you were acting like nobody realised that the female proportions in the comic were unrealistic. That's clearly not true.

The thread was very polite before you posted, and turned argumentative after you posted. That happened directly because your post was an overreaction to the rest of us joking around. If you'd said "I don't like the way he's drawing hips lately," you'd have gotten across the same information without causing this mess.
CodeGuy
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby MetaLuna on Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:26 pm

What I said was taken to the extremes of anorexia, lowering female self esteem, and assumptions about man-hating and men being pigs. Uh huh. That would be overreacting. I didn't say any of that. I was reacting to the "polite" comments where people were drooling over poorly-drawn cartoon women. I wasn't offended as a woman or something, just distressed that they were applauding his current art style. He's still a good artist, I just don't like the turn it's taken lately. Hence the comment. At least you're being reasonable... it's a shame that most of the people here are so petty.
MetaLuna
Keenspotter Supreme

Next

Return to Striptease