Alli = wangtease

It's not just a clever name for a webcomic... okay, it is.

Moderator: chris daily

Alli = wangtease

Postby badkittyface on Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:10 am

i know, i know... "wangtease??" i just wasn't sure how far one could go in the topic.

anyway, if Alli were a real live girl, i'd be kicking her in the cooter right about now. she keeps having these epiphanies and spouting off about how much she LUUUUUURRRVES Max, but whenever they get a chance to finally hook back up, she gets cold feet. i am really not liking her character anymore... or watching Max walk around gagging for it, for that matter.

just felt like venting a bit. i do love the comic... just hoping the story switches it up a bit. for example... WHERE'Z TOMMY??/?
badkittyface
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby HiFranc on Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:49 am

It seems to me that she's just scared of losing him. If she's a friend, then she knows they'll be together for a long time. If they're something more then it may end (it did last time). She wants to be with him but doesn't want to lose him.
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Alli = wangtease

Postby atristain on Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:25 pm

badkittyface wrote:just felt like venting a bit. i do love the comic... just hoping the story switches it up a bit. for example... WHERE'Z TOMMY??/?

My guessses:

- He's stuck filming a Matrix Fan Movie that makes a flashback on Morpheus life...
    - He was invited as a guest artist as Willis's bf in 'Different Strokes - 20+ years later'...
    - He's making a TV show that is a 'carbon copy' of 'Will & Grace'...
    - He's substituting Ralph Maccio as head Editor of Marvel... (He's still in that position, right?)
    - He's a costar in the new Ralph Maccio's movie: 'Capoeira Kid V'
    - He was invited as Bishop for the XXXMen Movie. :oops: I meant Xmen 3 movie. Where did a have my mind?
    - He's inking for Kurtz. He's thinking on quitting since he don't want to ink another panda in his entire life
    - He's having a hair restoration operation
    - Ian Jones kidnapped him and is forcing him to finish his comic
    - He was a guest star on Something Positive, but the script required that he was finished with extreme prejudice by Aubrey and PeeJee
The sound of rolling dice
To me is music in the air!
'Cause I'm a gamblin' Boogie Man
Although I don't play fair!
atristain
Keenspot Despot

Postby my_gf_says_youre_gay on Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:20 pm

HiFranc wrote:It seems to me that she's just scared of losing him. If she's a friend, then she knows they'll be together for a long time. If they're something more then it may end (it did last time). She wants to be with him but doesn't want to lose him.

She doesn't want to loose him? She wouldn't...they broke up before and they are still friends. Just to point out. Then again we ladies don't think straight so... It could be ANYTHING.
Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others -Groucho Marx

I may not be your wife, but I still won't do THAT.
my_gf_says_youre_gay
Junior Keenspotter

Postby badkittyface on Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:00 pm

HiFranc wrote:It seems to me that she's just scared of losing him. If she's a friend, then she knows they'll be together for a long time. If they're something more then it may end (it did last time). She wants to be with him but doesn't want to lose him.

see, that's what i think is so lame. i mean, correct me if i'm wrong, but the only reason they broke up before was because SHE went off to frickin' England. i mean, for cryin' out loud... they broke up before and they're still friends, so what's the big deal if they try it again?

to quote Emily, who quoted Mallrats (YAY!): "you're both RETARDED for each other!" so put one plus one together, already! %@#%...
badkittyface
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Papuasblya on Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:01 pm

Maybe it's not Max who needs the enema.
Three generations of imbeciles is enough.
Papuasblya
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby HiFranc on Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:04 am

It looks like there are other reasons...
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Pomiej on Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:42 pm

I guess we, being male, just have to agree with Max in the last frame. :smug:
"You know what women are?...Health Hazards."~Dave J-CRFH

2+2=4!
Pomiej
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby badkittyface on Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:07 am

Alli also = muff tease, thankyouverymuch.

poor Rae. poor... stupid... Rae. who honestly didn't see that rejection coming? sad... :( [/url]
badkittyface
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Yuko no Slayer-Dryad on Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:56 am

I don't think she did. Rae still hasn't figured out out tough being gay is going to be. Contrary to the talk soup obession with homosexuality and seeing it in everybody, for true homosexuals the pickings are very slim. The only other gay person Rachel knows is a guy (keeping in mind she never got to know Forrest, and it wouldn't have helped anyway) and she stills expects her lovelife to simply fall into place. Add the fact the she is still listening to Kim of all people for romance tips and I think you can say she is pretty much at Chip's level of romantic insight.

Alli's approach to romantic relationships is far more common among women around her age (18-28) than you may think. I know someone who had at least two of his girlfriends break up with him over the same blather Alli bases her decisions regarding her relationship with Max on. This is the female equivalent of a man with the "Let the Playa Play" philosophy in terms of how miserable it makes the opposite gender.
If a man is right about something, and no one agrees with him and he is unable to put his truth into benificial action beyond mere principle, does it really matter whether he's right or not?
Yuko no Slayer-Dryad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby atristain on Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:33 pm

Yuko no Slayer-Dryad wrote:Add the fact the she is still listening to Kim of all people for romance tips and I think you can say she is pretty much at Chip's level of romantic insight.

You have killed my lust for one of the hottest girls in ST with that comparison. Hope you're happy now.

And I can't even find my copy of Naughty Nymphos: Vol 8 to help me erase that thought. :x
atristain
Keenspot Despot

Postby Yuko no Slayer-Dryad on Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:32 pm

atristain wrote:
Yuko no Slayer-Dryad wrote:Add the fact the she is still listening to Kim of all people for romance tips and I think you can say she is pretty much at Chip's level of romantic insight.

You have killed my lust for one of the hottest girls in ST with that comparison. Hope you're happy now.

And I can't even find my copy of Naughty Nymphos: Vol 8 to help me erase that thought. :x

Hey, I can't stand people with explosive tempers and don't care for preppies, yet I still harbor Perverse Sexual Lust for Emily and Mia.

I would have used a pretty female who didn't get it, but double standards demand the hot babes can't be associated with not getting it, so someone like Chip was needed to make the point. Sorry.
If a man is right about something, and no one agrees with him and he is unable to put his truth into benificial action beyond mere principle, does it really matter whether he's right or not?
Yuko no Slayer-Dryad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby atristain on Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:09 am

Yuko no Slayer-Dryad wrote:
atristain wrote:

Hey, I can't stand people with explosive tempers and don't care for preppies, yet I still harbor Perverse Sexual Lust for Emily and Mia.

I would have used a pretty female who didn't get it, but double standards demand the hot babes can't be associated with not getting it, so someone like Chip was needed to make the point. Sorry.

No problem, just need to listen to "Everyone else has had more sex than me" song for 24 hours more...since yesterday.

EDIT: Corrected the URL
atristain
Keenspot Despot

Return to Striptease