STRIPTEASE turns 5

It's not just a clever name for a webcomic... okay, it is.

Moderator: chris daily

STRIPTEASE turns 5

Postby chris daily on Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:43 am

it's been a long road... and in some ways it feels like I'm still just starting. This is a new start for the comic, and it's fitting that it happens on the half decade mark of the strip's life. I can't say if I'll be doing this for another 5 years, but I will say for the near future, you guys are going to be in for a hell of a good time...Striptease style.

and, thank you... for everything. Really.

Today's strip is a continuation and wrap up of the last storyline. Monday, starts a new chapter of the characters' lives, continuing the big story. This is all leading up to Strip # 500, which will post on OCT. 12th. If that's not enough fodder for you to discuss about... here's more. Strip # 500 is double sized... and in full color. So please... discuss away.

one request though, if you are going to talk spoilers. please start a new thread and label it as such. Like, oh, I don't know... SPOILERS. thanks.
Striptease!
your new guilty pleasure.
chris daily
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby kiddspider2099 on Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:53 pm

Wow striptease is five very cool. You know striptease is the first webcomic i ever read and now i read a whole bunch i'm web savy yay. Great job Chris keep up the good work i can wait to see what another 5 years brings.
kiddspider2099
Junior Keenspotter

Just a question

Postby HiFranc on Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:05 am

Any chance of some refresher strips, please? Or a pointer to where the rescue ended and the aftermath began?
Francisco
I read several webcomics.
HiFranc
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby daanton on Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:24 am

As we await #500, I take it this strip has never been in colour before?? Except, of course, as posters?
daanton
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby chris daily on Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:30 am

I experimented with color once or twice. One time, early in the run, I did a three page project for a class that I just used the ST characters. it's the one where Max is running from an evil Emily, and he opens a door in a tree and Whoopi goldberg and some odd characters are there. There's also two strips later on, right before strip #100 where Tommy and Em kiss for the first time. I was just testing how it looked, how long it would take... pretty much slowed things down way too much, and I wasn't ready to tackle it. My problem is, I'm really picky, even with the greyscale. I have to get it to a point where I know I'm happy with it, and even then, I have to force myself to just let some things be. It kills me that they are not perfect, but if I restricted myself to just posting perfectly shaded comics... I would never post.

anyway, for this strip, color is rare, so it's reserved for special occasions. I have great respect for the artists that do color on a regular basis. I wish I was them and had the time they have. but, I will settle for what time I have and live with that.
Striptease!
your new guilty pleasure.
chris daily
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Majkai on Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:44 am

Chris--congratulations of 5 years--here's to at least another 5!
Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem--Virgil's The Aeneid

I will not make any deals with you. I’ve resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.--No. 6, The Prisoner

The 21st Century is when everything changes, and you gotta be ready.--Captain Jack Harkness, Torchwood

Who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?--Sir Bedevere to King Arthur, Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Majkai
Keenspotter Supreme

Location: Central NY, and yes, we do have more snow and rain here than in Iraq, thanks for asking!

Postby Guest on Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:56 am

Your comic is really great, I'm happy to see it has been in existance for 5 years already !!

Return to Striptease