how long you been reading?

It's not just a clever name for a webcomic... okay, it is.

Moderator: chris daily

Postby NailMonkey on Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:59 pm

Well Ive been around for a bout a year not counting the 3 month break I took from the forums and the month before that but I thoght it apprpriate to say somethging.
Who says money can't by you happieness, look at the f@$kin smile on my face.
NailMonkey
Junior Keenspotter

My First Post!

Postby Majkai on Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:54 am

This is my first post! I've only been a reader for a week or so, but in that time, I started at the beginning and have read through all the strips to get up to date. I would have gotten it done sooner, but there is a war on after all, and I can't be on the internet all the time! :P

I must say, I really like the artwork, and the story line has kept me very engaged...especially noteworthy, since there are a lot of distractions here! :wink:
Majkai
Keenspotter Supreme

Location: Central NY, and yes, we do have more snow and rain here than in Iraq, thanks for asking!

wow, it has been a long time

Postby foontas on Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:42 am

wow, chris you were right, posts have been low recently.

I just started reading about 3 days ago, and i'm now up to-date!
Although i should really be studying for my exams!

I must say, the artwork is very good, and the story compelling, i just had to read it all, couldn't stop myself.

I was tempted to just post a random new topic, just to make you feel better, but. I think this will do fine!
foontas
Junior Keenspotter

Postby daanton on Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:49 pm

I guess I've been reading since the storyline where the gang managed to entrap Alii's [evil] twin sister for causing trouble for everybody. Maybe somewhat earlier...
daanton
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Syncline on Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:30 pm

Slowde wrote:Found it last night. Stayed up all night reading every single one.

Yup. How I reacted too, just a few days ago.
Worth the additional fatigue at work.
Embarrassment is a choice that gains you nothing.
Fearlessness offers you a chance at the world.
Syncline
Junior Keenspotter

Re: how long you been reading?

Postby soulsrocker on Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:21 pm

I've been reading since about the end or maybe halfway through 7th grade, which would be about....probably February or January 2001. Back when the characters were very "comic strip," those big-eyed people with the little bodies, and I loved it. It was the first webcomic I ever read, and since the drawing wasn't overwhelming, I could get into it, since it wasn't so far from the only other comics I'd know at the time, and it was funny and I loved it. And over the next 7 years, I've read it faithfully for 3 to 8 months at a time, and gotten sidetracked with something or other, and neglected it for another 6 months or so, and then read up from wherever i left off to present, caught up, and read for another while. And as I've grown up, it seems like the Striptease gang has, too. The artwork's so much more mature and detailed, and now I revel in it every time a new strip comes out!

I guess it's weird to think that I started reading this when I was 12, almost 13, living in Pennsylvania, and now I'm 20, living in Nebraska. Since I first met Max and Emily and Alli, I've started dating, learned how to drive, learned the guitar, graduated, gone to college, gotten into drugs, sworn off drugs, started a band, dropped out of college, lived in Michigan, waited tables, sold cars, straightened my life out, and now I'm getting everything sorted out to go back to college.. And here they all still are, 800 issues later, still going strong with that perfect mix of real-life scenarios and the completely ridiculous shenanigans that keeps me coming back for more! Congratulations on 800 strips, Chris! And here's to another 8 years! I wonder what I'll have done by then! I really need to thank you for making something that's changed (in only good ways), and yet stayed so constant as all these other things in my life have changed.

So, thanks again, Chris!
soulsrocker
Junior Keenspotter

Postby thebigsister on Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:58 am

Eight Years!
thebigsister
Junior Keenspotter

Postby froldt on Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:38 am

It wasn't quite the beginning, but there weren't more than a couple months of archives when I first started. (Good thing since I was on dial-up at the time.)

I've dropped off a time or two (mostly when Chris did) and keep waiting eagerly for the next strip!
http://www.Adventure-Some.com
More adventure in your life today.
froldt
Junior Keenspotter

Previous

Return to Striptease