KIM!!

It's not just a clever name for a webcomic... okay, it is.

Moderator: chris daily

KIM!!

Postby Phthalo_Blue on Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:11 am

KIM!!! RUN!!! RUN FOR THE HILLS!!! SAVE THYSELF!!!

Man just when she gets out- they pull her back iinnnn!!!
Phthalo_Blue
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 10:53 am

Re: KIM!!

Postby SAGG on Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:01 am

Hee-hee! I wonder if she'll say, "Three way, guys?" :lol:
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:11 am

Re: KIM!!

Postby Radbaron on Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:21 am

Chris you magnificent bastard!!!

A one week cliffhanger, and over the holidays, no less!!!

Cant wait to open the computer on Christmas day and unwrap your little "present" for us. Thanks in advance, man! :D
Image
Radbaron
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:03 pm
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Earth, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, MWG

Re: KIM!!

Postby Phthalo_Blue on Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:04 am

Some sneaking suspicion told me that it was going to be Kim. I'm just kinda not liking where this is going-

I mean Kim, of all people made sense. She had a clear vision of what she wanted, and who she wanted to be. She decided that being around a group of whiny crazy selfish idiots wasn't what she needed in her life, and left. That takes balls.

Granted I actually was one of the few people who liked Kim, and glad as I may be at her "return" and that she hadn't fallen off the face of the earth, I'm disappointed because I have a feeling that Chris will put her back into the shoddy position she was in prior to her major improvement. (Kim leaving these whiny idiots behind and moving forward to a better future)

Kim does not need to be around Max and Ally, they're far worse off than Kim ever was, and their self-righteous attitudes are sickening. I hope to god that all the changes Kim's made in her life isn't just tossed out of the window because of "Mally's" presence.
Phthalo_Blue
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 10:53 am

Re: KIM!!

Postby SAGG on Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:19 pm

Phthalo_Blue wrote:Some sneaking suspicion told me that it was going to be Kim. I'm just kinda not liking where this is going-

I mean Kim, of all people made sense. She had a clear vision of what she wanted, and who she wanted to be. She decided that being around a group of whiny crazy selfish idiots wasn't what she needed in her life, and left. That takes balls.

Granted I actually was one of the few people who liked Kim, and glad as I may be at her "return" and that she hadn't fallen off the face of the earth, I'm disappointed because I have a feeling that Chris will put her back into the shoddy position she was in prior to her major improvement. (Kim leaving these whiny idiots behind and moving forward to a better future)

Kim does not need to be around Max and Ally, they're far worse off than Kim ever was, and their self-righteous attitudes are sickening. I hope to god that all the changes Kim's made in her life isn't just tossed out of the window because of "Mally's" presence.



I can't seem to go anywhere without running into you, eh, Phthalo_Blue? :P First, "Penny and Aggie", then "Out There", at "Candi" (where for some reason I can't log on to post), and now here! :lol: I wonder where it'll be next? :D
Thanks.
SAGG
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:11 am

Re: KIM!!

Postby chris daily on Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:21 pm

Phthalo_Blue wrote: I'm disappointed because I have a feeling that Chris will put her back into the shoddy position she was in prior to her major improvement. (Kim leaving these whiny idiots behind and moving forward to a better future)


He don't know me very well, do he?

Actually Phthalo Blue (and for all I know, you could be a she) I'm thrilled that you liked, and appreciated the arc of Kim, through foibles and faults, she has grown into a different character. Her arc is certainly not done, but I only ask not to give up on Max and Alli. They, like Kim, are going through a period of self discovery as a couple, realizing that they are not always right, just, and don't always need to be involved. Being selfish is something that is inherently human on some level. Being selfless, is something that has to be taught and learned. Maybe Max and Alli have learned the hard way, and I never asked anyone to like them this whole time. Only realize that they are going through a natural character arc, just like they have before....just like Kim did.
Striptease!
your new guilty pleasure.
Image
User avatar
chris daily
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 511
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:17 pm
Location: far away from you

Re: KIM!!

Postby atristain on Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:34 pm

I didn't know you could order Chinese to room service... :smug:

Anyway great Xmas surprise Chris! 8) Is nice to see Kim back, Chris only knows for how much.
The sound of rolling dice
To me is music in the air!
'Cause I'm a gamblin' Boogie Man
Although I don't play fair!
User avatar
atristain
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1571
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Mexico, Mexico, Mexico

Re: KIM!!

Postby Mankowitz on Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:35 pm

Oh, -please- slam the door in that stupid, self-righteous bitch's face. And yes, i'm talking about Kim.

She's no better than anyone else in the fucking strip and I dearly would like to see her get a comeuppance for the way in which she left.
Mankowitz
Junior Keenspotter
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:21 am

Re: KIM!!

Postby Phthalo_Blue on Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:21 am

Mankowitz wrote:Oh, -please- slam the door in that stupid, self-righteous bitch's face. And yes, i'm talking about Kim.

She's no better than anyone else in the fucking strip and I dearly would like to see her get a comeuppance for the way in which she left.


This is a joke right? Comeuppance? HAHAHAH, that's hilarious... You're going to yell at one of the only 3 people (Kim, Tom, Em) who's doing the right thing by deciding to leave and grow the fuck up? That's a first. Hey, I could say the moon is made of cheese, but I'd still be wrong. To each their own man.

P.S. Chris, please do something about the spam in the forum it's getting out of wack.
Phthalo_Blue
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 10:53 am

Re: KIM!!

Postby atristain on Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:13 pm

Aaaand Max keeps forgetting he's in the same room with two girls with a very short fuse.

Be sure to attend to his service in the closest memorial house after that "threesome" comment.
The sound of rolling dice
To me is music in the air!
'Cause I'm a gamblin' Boogie Man
Although I don't play fair!
User avatar
atristain
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1571
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Mexico, Mexico, Mexico

Re: KIM!!

Postby chris daily on Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:52 am

I apologize for the Recent SPAM. I'll talk to the Keenspot mods about banning some posters here.

Also, anyone that posts flaming attacks to other members will be deleted. No exceptions.
Striptease!
your new guilty pleasure.
Image
User avatar
chris daily
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 511
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:17 pm
Location: far away from you

Re: KIM!!

Postby Phthalo_Blue on Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:47 am

Man, this just keeps getting worse and worse.

I see what Em was trying to do, but it was a really dumb move on her part that could potentially backfire. Why force Kim and M'ally to like/deal each other just so that they could leave on a "good note"?

I would be happy for Kim if she just left and never returned because it would make me feel like she's changing as a person, moving forward with herself rather than taking 4 steps back, which is what she'll end up doing if she's hanging out with this lot.

The other shoe has dropped on Em.

I just hope they don't get stuck in a hurricane and end up having to stay for extra days while relying on each other.
Phthalo_Blue
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 10:53 am

Re: KIM!!

Postby Mankowitz on Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:00 am

If you hate the cast so much, why are you reading the strip?

And if you like Kim so much, why do you want her gone?

You people make no sense.
Mankowitz
Junior Keenspotter
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:21 am

Re: KIM!!

Postby chris daily on Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:04 pm

I've learned that people love to hate on this strip. they get so invested, that they get angry about it. I take it as a complement when someone says they've become so frustrated with the "characters" they are refusing to read the comic. Awesome.
Striptease!
your new guilty pleasure.
Image
User avatar
chris daily
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 511
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:17 pm
Location: far away from you

Re: KIM!!

Postby MURPHYCHACHO on Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:29 pm

chris daily wrote:
Also, anyone that posts flaming attacks to other members will be deleted. No exceptions.


So I can tell this guy to remove himself from the gene pool with fire, but I can't call him an idiot? Not that I disagree with you removing my post (I was way too harsh. Blame my crankiness), just a wee bit confused. :okthen:
"Honesty is the best policy." -Miguel de Cervantes

"Liars prosper." Anonymous

Here's to you,
Here's to me.
Best of friends we'll always be.
But if by chance we disagree,
To hell with you! Here's to me!
User avatar
MURPHYCHACHO
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:32 am
Location: In college, making my plans...

Re: KIM!!

Postby Mankowitz on Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:08 pm

I was very disappointed with the concession Max gave in today's strip. His reaction was certainly immature and uncalled for yes and that does deserve an apology. Yes, it was definitely Kim's decision to make in regards to the baby and all that. But he -damn- well had the right know about something like that, to know what he'd had a hand in. It takes two to tango and if the consequences are shared if it's a man's responsibility to do everything he can to provide and assist a woman he's gotten pregnant he's at least entitled to know what happened if she chooses not to keep it. If nothing else it might make him a bit try to be a bit more responsible with his relationships. Max was right to apologize for his reaction, but Kim should have apologized for doing the whole thing in secret and behind his back. As is, I find myself disgusted at the level Max has prostrated himself.
Mankowitz
Junior Keenspotter
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:21 am

Re: KIM!!

Postby Phthalo_Blue on Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:25 pm

Mankowitz wrote:If you hate the cast so much, why are you reading the strip?

And if you like Kim so much, why do you want her gone?

You people make no sense.


I don't hate the cast, I greatly dislike Allie and Max for their self-righteous tudes and the fact that they hardly are able to admit when they're wrong and for being drama queens and the fact that they are huge hypocrites. But they are getting better, like in today's strip.

The comic doesn't revolve around Mally, even if they are the more central characters... and I don't have to like them or agree with their views and tactics. There are other characters I DO appreciate in the comic, Forrest, Tommy, Em, Kim, the goth dude, Pu yai, Lydia (before she fooled everyone) and recently Willie and occasionally Chris and Rae.

I like Kim I appreciate her character and the fact that she is trying to change into a better person, and she has obeyed Allie's rules. I want Kim to leave this group because they're insane, and being around the insane is bound to make you insane and keep you there.

Kim leaving off into the sunset and finding herself is a far better ending than Naomi or any other character who sticks around will get.

This comic is full of drama queens and while it's fun to read at times, it's also frustrating, because you wonder if these characters will ever grow up or learn their lesson.

MURPHYCHACO wrote:So I can tell this guy to remove himself from the gene pool with fire, but I can't call him an idiot? Not that I disagree with you removing my post (I was way too harsh. Blame my crankiness), just a wee bit confused. :okthen:


LOL, Agreed.
Phthalo_Blue
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 10:53 am

Re: KIM!!

Postby ProfessionalGuest on Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:21 pm

You're not alone, Mankowitz.
ProfessionalGuest
Junior Keenspotter
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:49 pm

 

Return to Striptease

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron