...no favors.

It's not just a clever name for a webcomic... okay, it is.

Moderator: chris daily

...no favors.

Postby Cyberbard on Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:26 am

See? Willie just put Rae in her place. He got sick of her stupidity! And good for him.

It also looks like he kicked her out of 'Mouse... even though Rae was perhaps the most compelling element of the band. He apparently feels bad about it, but we can't expect him, as leader of a band, to put up with unprofessional behavior like Rae's. He might dismiss Damion before long, too. Though that will depend on how Damion handles the next few strips.

What a mess.
Cyberbard
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: ...no favors.

Postby The Hop Goblin on Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:00 pm

And here I thought he was a very obviously self-centered jerk who wanted to lash out in response to disappointment. Any number of things she did for him were worth some praise and/or thank you's. The "wannabe lesbian" bit was way over the line, and just underlines his dickishness.

Maybe he will kick out Rae, Damion, and even the little guy - then he'll be alone with his cry-baby anger.
The Hop Goblin
Junior Keenspotter

Postby luciferthemad on Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:19 am

Well, if somebody in my band took off before a show that had the potential to showcase your talent in front of scouts- or at least build the fanbase exponentially -and they took off right before this show (nevermind the fact that she just as easily could have gone AFTER the show, its not like there would have been much of a wait) I'd be pissed too. Maybe not lashing out like that, but then again, maybe. Anger makes you say things that aren't always entirely rational.

Fact is, some bands only get one shot, and when they don't take advantage slowly die off afterwards. Some get multiple shots. Rae does things impulsively and I can tell you from personal experience that yes, eventually people start lashing out at you. This is why I've recognized the self destructive behavior and reigned it in. Sometimes it takes your friends getting sick of your shit to get your act together.
luciferthemad
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Phthalo_Blue on Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:04 am

Thank god. I'm glad Willie put Rae in her place. That girl's been an annoying whiny selfish idiot for the past few strips. She really needs to get her act together and I hope that this will help open her eyes a bit. Tho I'm banking on Rae going off by herself being all emo and pitying herself, and expecting people to be sympathetic.

What can I say?

After a while, people get tired of bullshit.
Phthalo_Blue
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Cyberbard on Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:07 am

The Hop Goblin wrote:And here I thought he was a very obviously self-centered jerk who wanted to lash out in response to disappointment. Any number of things she did for him were worth some praise and/or thank you's. The "wannabe lesbian" bit was way over the line, and just underlines his dickishness.

Maybe he will kick out Rae, Damion, and even the little guy - then he'll be alone with his cry-baby anger.

Oh Willie is a dickwad, no question. But in this particular case I agree with him. The band is essentially his business (i.e. income!), so he's naturally going to take it very seriously. Someone can be a nice person and still be a cruddy employee. Rae essentially demonstrated herself to be too emotionally unstable and irresponsible! Willie has every right to be angry with her. Her actions cost 'Mouse it's hard won performance, and that in turn may result in 'Mouse going kaput. If you don't show up for work without giving notice, you generally get fired. Any questions?

Anyway, it looks like you got your wish, as Damion just told him to f*uck off. I don't know what Tau will do, but it wouldn't surprise me if he took his keyboards and took his business elsewhere. Then Willie can suffer the fate you slated for him.

And on that note, I'm out of here. I just came to the realization that I no longer like any of the characters in this strip. At least not the ones who get any real screen time. They are a bunch of immature dunderheads who spend more time dealing with their sex lives than anything else. In so doing they destroy their careers, families, and whatever else is going on. I can't find a compelling reason to keep reading.

Sorry Chris, but you lost me.
Cyberbard
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby The Hop Goblin on Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:53 pm

Cyberbard wrote:If you don't show up for work without giving notice, you generally get fired. Any questions?

She showed up, infact 10 minutes early. The 30 minute rule was introduced only to screw `Mouse out of the gig, else the stage hand would not have been asking if she was going to show up in strip http://www.stripteasecomic.com/d/20081118.html with 5 minutes remaining. In http://www.stripteasecomic.com/d/20081120.html it shows that she showed up 10 minutes early. Suddenly introducing the 30 minute rule, which noone was aware of until then, was why he was getting paid by the antagonist.

If you show up only 5-10 minutes early to your employment, you are still classified as being on time. Any questions?

Cyberbard wrote:Anyway, it looks like you got your wish, as Damion just told him to f*uck off. I don't know what Tau will do, but it wouldn't surprise me if he took his keyboards and took his business elsewhere. Then Willie can suffer the fate you slated for him.

I, not being the writer, had no fate slated for him. I appreciate when unappreciative asstards who throw tantrums because things didn't go their way get slapped down, yes. He did not conceed that she did anything for him; neither trying to find the old bike or fixing up the new one. Infact, not only did he not conceed that these were nice things done for him, but managed to use them against her in an attack.

Again, he can go cry in the corner because noone understands him or his music - when in reality he's a selfish prick who has no appreciable social skills.
The Hop Goblin
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Phthalo_Blue on Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:35 pm

The Hop Goblin wrote:She showed up, infact 10 minutes early. The 30 minute rule was introduced only to screw `Mouse out of the gig, else the stage hand would not have been asking if she was going to show up in strip http://www.stripteasecomic.com/d/20081118.html with 5 minutes remaining. In http://www.stripteasecomic.com/d/20081120.html it shows that she showed up 10 minutes early. Suddenly introducing the 30 minute rule, which noone was aware of until then, was why he was getting paid by the antagonist.

If you show up only 5-10 minutes early to your employment, you are still classified as being on time. Any questions?

If you haven't showed up to work for weeks, and you haven't showed up for any work related meetings you get fired. Don't bands usually practice like hell weeks before a big show? As far as I could tell Rae left well before the concert, in order to pursue the Haven thing, and she hadn't called or let anyone know she was alive until 10-15 mins before the show. She probably missed a lot of band meetings and band rehearsals which is a pretty big part of being in a band.

Rae doesn't seem to want this band thing as badly as Willie, because if she was serious about it, she wouldn't have left the way she did. It just shows her lack of respect towards her band mates and I'm actually surprised Lydia did something decent and fired Rae as her final act of Manager before exiting the stage.

I, not being the writer, had no fate slated for him. I appreciate when unappreciative asstards who throw tantrums because things didn't go their way get slapped down, yes. He did not conceed that she did anything for him; neither trying to find the old bike or fixing up the new one. Infact, not only did he not conceed that these were nice things done for him, but managed to use them against her in an attack.

Again, he can go cry in the corner because noone understands him or his music - when in reality he's a selfish prick who has no appreciable social skills.

I think that Willie had every right to be angry with Rae, nevermind the whole guy was getting paid by antagonist to screw over 'Mouse bit, because that has nothing to do with Rae's previous attitude regarding 'Mouse.

I'm glad Willie called her out on her shoddy attitude and I think he was very surprised that she DID do something nice for someone else (while she was MIA) besides being uberly selfish.

Granted he could've been a lot more appreaciative about the fact that she did something nice for him, but he was angry, and he lashed out in his moment of rage.

It's inexcusable, but understandable and if I was in Will's position, I probably would have done the same, because after a while, people get fed up with the same bullshit. I just hope that Chris can save this storyline, because right now it's kinda going down the drain for me. Everyone's just so idiotic, and I don't empathize with any of the main characters. The only ones that aren't screwing up royally are Em, Tom, and KIM. Kim's gone, and sad to say, but I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop on Em and Tom.

Damion could have stayed in the band, but I get the feeling that Damion was in the band because it was something to do and I think he mostly stayed on for Lydia.

I'm sure that if Willie found another singer, and contacted Damion he'd probably go back to Mouse.
Phthalo_Blue
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Striptease