Free Comic Book Day 2005!

Grab a scotch, Guinness or your favorite bottled water, put your feet up and relax. This is the Off-topic pub for the Wapsi fans. Cigar smoking is allowed.

Moderator: pablo

Free Comic Book Day 2005!

Postby Tanukitsune on Sat May 07, 2005 12:28 am

It's Free Comic Book Day in the US, so come on and got get yourselves some free comics like this one:

Unfortunately for me, this year they don't seem to be availible on KeenSwag, so...

:oops:

Could someone please try to get an extra copy for me? If they let you take more than one, that is...

And if it isn't asking too much, could you "hog" some of the other comics as well... :oops:
Having nothing to worry about makes me nervous...
Tanukitsune
Keenspot Despot

Postby pablo on Sun May 08, 2005 5:56 am

Did anyone here get out to your local comic shop and get a copy of the Keenspot Spotlight Book? :D
pablo
Keenspot Despot

Postby luchog on Sun May 08, 2005 8:06 am

pablo wrote:Did anyone here get out to your local comic shop and get a copy of the Keenspot Spotlight Book? :D

Nope. Unfortunately, the way the distributor structured it, it was almost impossible to get. They required dealers to purchase significant amounts of their latest "hot" mainstream titles in order to get the free books.

They have it set up as a three-tier system, and dealers have to buy a certain amount of whatever they're pushing in order to get the free books from each tier. The indie books are in the third tier, which would require the dealers to buy a whole lot of the stuff that the distributor is pushing.

From what I understand, the amount they required for each tier is pretty high; and that shit just doesn't move fast enough to justify the expense for the small indie shops to get even first-tier mainstream (Marvel/DC) stuff. The only shop in my area large enough to be able to meet there requirements doesn't really deal in indie stuff all that much, and wouldn't bother with the free comics (not to mention being overpriced, and a bunch of assholes).

It really sucks, 'cause I was really hoping to get the Keenspot comp, as well as a couple of the other indies.
luchog
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Tanukitsune on Sun May 08, 2005 9:46 am

There is a thread in Keenspot General where some of the authors have extra copies and might offer a spare, I'm hoping of getting one there myself...

I still wonder why it's not at Keenswag... :(
Tanukitsune
Keenspot Despot

Postby pablo on Sun May 08, 2005 1:21 pm

Email Keenspot and ask them. :D
pablo
Keenspot Despot

Postby MsFrisby on Sun May 08, 2005 1:44 pm

I looked for it, but they didn't have it at the shop I went to.
"Graze on my lips; and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie."
-- William Shakespeare --
MsFrisby
Keenspot Deity

Postby Tanukitsune on Mon May 09, 2005 9:46 am

You can get them at Keenswag now, but you have to pay and I think there is a minimum purchase or something...
Tanukitsune
Keenspot Despot

Postby PrettyPrincess on Mon May 09, 2005 10:37 am

Me not findie them at local shop. :(
PrettyPrincess
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Tanukitsune on Tue May 17, 2005 11:03 am

Boxjam was kind enough to send me one of his spare copies...

You should try to get your hands on this! The exclusice Wapsi Square strip is worth it! :D
Tanukitsune
Keenspot Despot

Return to The Wapsi Pub