Despot

Grab a scotch, Guinness or your favorite bottled water, put your feet up and relax. This is the Off-topic pub for the Wapsi fans. Cigar smoking is allowed.

Moderator: pablo

Despot

Postby Ryalyn on Fri May 06, 2005 9:34 am

:o

I'm a despot! Wohoo!! 8) And it only took me . . . 10 months?

Skips over to the bar and orders a round for everybody in the Pub.

Party??
Unicorn bait

A kitty is a young cat and a canoe is made of plastic and I have no idea what you're all laughing at.
Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot

Postby kinako mochi on Fri May 06, 2005 10:38 am

Party! :D

*buys Ryalyn a bowl of chips and some mango salsa*

Over on another forum I'm passing 3000 posts, and I'm also known for the length of my posts, as they are usually diagnosing sportbike problems. ;)

Didja see MsFrisby's post count?? She's getting up to 10,000 posts! Gawwwwd. I guess Despot is the end of the road, though, as opposed to q***********c******, where it seems every tenth post you get called some other too-clever-for-you name. :D

Edit: Actually, I'm at nearly 500 posts since February -- less than three months. I may get to Despot by my birthday! (28 September) :D
Last edited by kinako mochi on Sat May 07, 2005 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Then light
kinako mochi
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ryalyn on Fri May 06, 2005 10:43 am

Digs into the chips and salsa, being sure to offer them to the people sitting next to her.

I think you mean Diety, though, not Despot. Despot is what you get after 1000 posts. Diety is after, what, 1 million?

:D
Unicorn bait

A kitty is a young cat and a canoe is made of plastic and I have no idea what you're all laughing at.
Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ryalyn on Fri May 06, 2005 1:58 pm

Runs around the room, giving everybody a present that she pulls from a little blue and yellow polka-dotted bag that she found under her chair. After everybody has one, she sits down on her favorite chair and a half and opens her present. It's a little fairy godmother wand, that lights up and gives off sparkles when she swings it around tapping things, making little twinkle noises.

She sits there, playing with her new toy, waiting for the others to open their presents, hoping that she's not being really obnoxious.
Unicorn bait

Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot

Postby MsFrisby on Fri May 06, 2005 3:50 pm

Congrats, Rya! *gives her a crystal unicorn figurine and fudge*

Actually, Deity is at 10,000 posts. Which I will be at soon. Also, I will be the first female Deity on Keenspot. ;)
"Graze on my lips; and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie."
-- William Shakespeare --
MsFrisby
Keenspot Deity

Postby azalea2 on Fri May 06, 2005 4:21 pm

*opens her present*

oooh, yay, more origami paper!

*creases furiously*

*folds carefully*

*gives Ryalyn an origami rose*
You don't know me.
azalea2
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby kinako mochi on Fri May 06, 2005 7:23 pm

*opens present*

*freezes*

*pulls out ornate handle, with ito braiding on it and carved button*

*PISHIWWWW
Then light
kinako mochi
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby PrettyPrincess on Fri May 06, 2005 7:40 pm

*opens her gift, finding a custom Fox Bassoon*

Oooooh....

*starts playing a bassoon sonata*
PrettyPrincess
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby kinako mochi on Fri May 06, 2005 8:11 pm

*claps furiously for musicianship in the Pub, gawks at trick amp pickup on end* :o

Woohoo! Request, request! Bach's Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major, Pr
Then light
kinako mochi
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Elfbiter on Sat May 07, 2005 3:37 am

Hail the Despot. Just remember that despots usually rule through to consent of those she rules 8)

(I have apparently reached the status of "supreme" - after only 15 posts apparently. Well, I do not feel very "junior", either.)

Digs into his knapsack and tosses Ryalyn the Royal Apple of the Realm.

Could not eat that anyway, hope you find some use for it.
---
Living is easy with eyes closed.
Elfbiter
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby crypto on Sat May 07, 2005 11:08 am

Welcome fellow despot, sorry i'm late to the party.

Here is a gift.

:hands Ry a shinny little box:

:Ry hands him one from her bag:

Um, thanks.
Current Goonmanji form:The game board

Infuego wrote:
crypto wrote:
"noskunkonskunkactionforyou".

We can dream can't we? Actually, I'm picturing Skunk on Ellen on Nan on skunk action.

Ooh, best idea I've heard today! Or read, i guess...

Quadraxis wrote:Crypto, your mind is a very disturbing sandwich. The kind of sandwich you decide not to eat and just let rot somewhere unnoticeable.
crypto
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ryalyn on Sat May 07, 2005 6:52 pm

Wohoo! Thank you for the pretty unicorn and the fudge, MsFrisby!! And good luck on the Deity status!

Offers everybody a piece of fudge and sets the unicorn carefully in her lap.

And that's an awesome rose, Azalea! Thank you!

Plants the end of the rose carefully in between the cushion and the body of the chair so it's visible for all to admire.

And thanks for the recipe, Kinako!

Runs off to find a recipe card and adds rum and mangoes to her shopping list.

Applauds loudly for PPs bassoon solo, thinking about how long it's been since she's heard a well-played bassoon.

Very well done! Yea!

Looks at the Royal Apple of the Realm, then very carefully puts it on her lap beside the unicorn.

Wow, Elfbiter! Thanks! I have no idea what that is, but it's really pretty. You'll have to tell me all about it sometime.

Ooh! A shiny box! Thanks, Crypto! I'm so excited that I'm finally special like you! ... Wait, that sounded wrong . . . .

Turns the box around in her hands for a while, admiring the light flashing off it's smooth sides. Then, holding it up to her ears, she shakes it. It rattles slightly, so she very carefully pulls the top off. Resting inside is a necklace made entirely of sparkles. Very carefully, she pulls it out and puts it on.

Cool! Thank you!
Unicorn bait

Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot

Postby kinako mochi on Sat May 07, 2005 10:38 pm

Kinako munches on tasty, tasty homemade fudge, still warm and gooey in the fingers, and takes a seat at the impromptu Despot inauguration. He looks around the room
Then light
kinako mochi
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Elfbiter on Sat May 07, 2005 10:48 pm

kinako mochi wrote: Elfbiter tries the mango salsa on good warm salty tortilla chips. His lips crinkle a millisecond after the first bite, and as tactfully as possible, excuses himself

Actually, that would be somewhat inaccurate 8) I wish I could transport here some of the chili we ate in a friend's doctorate inauguration couple of years back. Another quest compared it to nuclear fallout...
---
Living is easy with eyes closed.
Elfbiter
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to The Wapsi Pub