A request for Prayers/Good Vibes/Whatever you do.

Grab a scotch, Guinness or your favorite bottled water, put your feet up and relax. This is the Off-topic pub for the Wapsi fans. Cigar smoking is allowed.

Moderator: pablo

A request for Prayers/Good Vibes/Whatever you do.

Postby The_Stalker on Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:19 am

Alright I have a request to make of my fellow pubbers. A friend of mine is in a bad spot and needs all the prayers/vibes/etc... she can get right now.

"A.J."'s life ambition is to be a mother. Thats all she wants from life, to have a child to raise and teach. Sadly this is not to be. She just had her fourth miscarriage. It appears that she cannot bring a healthy child to term.

I am personally praying for a miracle. She is truely a wonderful woman who would raise the type of people this world needs. I know that medically speaking, its almost impossible for her to bear a child, but I'm praying for her miracle. I'm begging God to heal her womb so that when the time is right, she can have her children. I ask others out there with a bit of compassion to pray or whatever with me.
-Andrew "The Stalker" Watkins CI, Companion to Order of the Knights of Jubal. Proud Uncle/Son of Chade.
Recently revealed to be the leader of the elusive Board-queda organization.

2nd Place MR. CRFH 2005!
The_Stalker
Keenspot Despot

Postby The_Stalker on Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:23 am

Also, prayers for her mental state would be welcome too. She is suffering right now, thinking that her sole ambition, her sole reason to live, "will never happen". She is taking it rather badly.
-Andrew "The Stalker" Watkins CI, Companion to Order of the Knights of Jubal. Proud Uncle/Son of Chade.
Recently revealed to be the leader of the elusive Board-queda organization.

2nd Place MR. CRFH 2005!
The_Stalker
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ryalyn on Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:01 am

That has to be so hard losing all those babies. I'll definitely be praying for your friend.
Unicorn bait

A kitty is a young cat and a canoe is made of plastic and I have no idea what you're all laughing at.
Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot

Postby MsFrisby on Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:07 am

It is very sad that she's lost so many children of her own womb, but please remember, her life ambition to be a mother does not need to be thwarted at all. There are so many unwanted children out there that truly need a mother to love them and teach them. Just because she may not be able to bear a child herself, doesn't mean God doesn't want to use her to bless some other child's life. But I will think of your friend, and pray for a healed heart.
"Graze on my lips; and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie."
-- William Shakespeare --
MsFrisby
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kestralyn on Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:25 am

ohhhhhh. That's so hard. Good thoughts going her way. Also, if she hasn't found them, there are a small handful of infertility blogs that I find just wonderful. Funny, educated, painful, and understanding. If she's willing to look to others on the web, I'd like to suggest:

GetupGrrrl at Chez Miscarriage: http://chezmiscarriage.blogs.com/
Julie at A Litle Pregnant: http://alittlepregnant.typepad.com/
Tertia at So Close: http://tertia.typepad.com/so_close/

These women are all at various stages of their paths -- two have finally managed to carry a child successfully. Not to term, mind you, but they have children born in the last six months. One is dealing with being a DES daughter and has a surrogate who sounds to be her evil twin. But they are honest and frank, and I've learned an amazing amount from them.

Meanwhile, we pray that the assholes don't say awful things to her and make her hurt worse than she already does.
"Wherever a dancer stands ready, there is a holy place" - Martha Graham
"and where she walks, there are sequins" - any Raqs Sharqi dancer
Kestralyn
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby NorphTehDwarf on Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:43 am

Frankly, from the title of this thread, I was ready to say something horrible, just on general I'm-a-teenage-jackass principles, but then I read the post, and, frankly, I'm not that heartless. I wish AJ the best. I do believe this is the first time in two months I've prayed.
NorphTehDwarf
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to The Wapsi Pub