The Person Under Me Game

Grab a scotch, Guinness or your favorite bottled water, put your feet up and relax. This is the Off-topic pub for the Wapsi fans. Cigar smoking is allowed.

Moderator: pablo

Postby NorphTehDwarf on Thu May 12, 2005 8:56 pm

Yep. I claimed I was my neighbor's kid to avoid getting in trouble for ditching a few classes last year. NOTE: I'm not a total bastard, because my neighbor's kid doesn't even go to ANY school yet; it was just the quickest name I could think of.

TPUM has heard of and considered participating in, or actually participated in the SCA.
NorphTehDwarf
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby kinako mochi on Thu May 12, 2005 11:57 pm

Nope. Never heard of it
Then light
kinako mochi
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Elfbiter on Fri May 13, 2005 3:10 am

NorphTehDwarf wrote:TPUM has heard of and considered participating in, or actually participated in the SCA.

I assume you mean Society of Creative Anachronism?. (Many of the other options do not seem appropriate.)

And no I haven't participated - I have no resources for costumes and other paraphernalia.

(Edit: fixed typo)
---
Living is easy with eyes closed.
Elfbiter
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby NorphTehDwarf on Fri May 13, 2005 6:13 am

ANY kind of SCA. The anachronism one is what I meant, but... some of the others seem quite interesting as well.
NorphTehDwarf
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby JiveBlues on Fri May 13, 2005 8:51 am

kinako mochi wrote:TPUM named their car.

Nope. Though I had a friend in high school that named her car "Tama" and had a sticker for the drum manufacturer of the same name in the back windshield.

Come to think of it...I've never officially owned a car by myself. I never had one in college, then when I married my wife, she had one. We bought one together about five years ago, but I've never had one of my own.

And we haven't named either one of our cars.

--------

TPUM likes jellybeans
Sniglet: A word for concepts that don't have a word, but should (from Comedian Rich Hall)

SNORFING: n. The little game waitresses love to play of waiting until your mouth is full before sneaking up and asking,
JiveBlues
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ryalyn on Fri May 13, 2005 11:03 am

Oooooooooooo. Yummmmmmmmmm. *drool*

I LOVE jellybeans. A lot. A whole lot. But they're best when eaten while in season, you know? ;)

The first car I had was named Hildegard by some of my older brother's friends. And the idea kind of stuck. My car is name Beatrice. But she rarely gets called that anymore. Now it's more along the lines of "Come on, baby, you can climb this hill. Come on, come on, come on!!"

TPUM has great plans for the weekend.
Unicorn bait

A kitty is a young cat and a canoe is made of plastic and I have no idea what you're all laughing at.
Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot

Postby kinako mochi on Fri May 13, 2005 11:25 am

It's Kinako's first three-day (normal for my schedule) weekend in a few weeks; my boss had a family emergency and had to ask me to fill in for a couple of weeks while he sorted things out. He's a great boss and I was more than willing to bat for him. But having the extra day sure counts when your schedule is 12-12-12-8-8. :D Gonna do some shopping for badly-needed things (new contacts, kitchen stuff, car parts), and just relax and release a while. :)

Jellybeans! I can't stand the cheap ones; I am however a worshipper of the Jelly Belly brand; faves are green apple and popcorn(!) :D

Poor Beatrice! Maybe some Mobil 1 oil, a power steering and coolant flush, and you could rename her Beatrix. :D:D:D

--

TPUM has gone without sleep for more than two days.
Then light
kinako mochi
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Rubio on Fri May 13, 2005 11:30 am

EDIT: this is to Ryalyn's post. Dammit, kinako, quit beating me to the punch! *foam, froth*

Tonight: easy-going video and chinese delivery with my lovely girlfriend.
Tomorrow: lots and lots and gobs and wads of starwars gaming
Sunday: gonna check me out the new matrix mmog

Yeah, it's low key geek stuff, but to me, that seems like a great weekend.

TPUM has made or will shortly be making plans to see Episode III this coming thursday
"To the right, books; to the left, a tea-cup.
In front of me, the fireplace; behind me, the post.
There is no greater happiness than this."
-Teiga
Rubio
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby azalea2 on Fri May 13, 2005 11:38 am

sleep: gone without for ~4 1/2 days. 'twas a long time ago, though.
III: Well, not thursday, but friday. The whole group of us is skipping work that day, pretty much. =P

TPUM likes green tea soy milk.
You don't know me.
azalea2
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby kinako mochi on Fri May 13, 2005 11:51 am

*ducks*

Sorry! Gomen! Achtung!

Achtung? :D

Neeeeh, not gonna see III (P-O! Get it? Guys
Then light
kinako mochi
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby NorphTehDwarf on Fri May 13, 2005 10:51 pm

Well, I was acquainted with a guy named Trinity last year. He died, though. Weird reminder of mortality, since he was a 15 year old freshman. He was shot with either an AK or an M16 and beaten about the skull with a baseball bat.

TPUM doesn't believe the above story.
NorphTehDwarf
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby kinako mochi on Sat May 14, 2005 8:17 am

I'm going to say I don't
Last edited by kinako mochi on Sat May 14, 2005 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Then light
kinako mochi
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby azalea2 on Sat May 14, 2005 9:50 am

squeeeeee!

Nope; i don't draw. Right now i'm (compulsively) folding little bits of paper.

TPUM ate food for breakfast this morning. :D
You don't know me.
azalea2
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby kinako mochi on Sat May 14, 2005 4:35 pm

Yep. Some dried apricots and tea. Luxurious, in my current situation. Actually, I got a 16 oz Brazil Bourbon Santos at the coffee shop this morning too. Decadent. :D

Weird, though. I feel uneasy when eating other than what my body had been used to for the past 1.5 mos -- ramen and tea and the odd frozen greens and maybe some peanuts. I have lost ~15 lbs though -- with little degradation in energy or appetite. Maybe I should just keep nutrients high and keep the portions what they are. :D

--

TPUM wants their contacts back. Badly. :D
Then light
kinako mochi
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby BathroomKey on Sun May 15, 2005 3:25 pm

Well not badly but certainly considering to going back to contacts. My shallow mind sees no sign of attraction with girls who wear glasses and I just simply think they hide my face! So, I just don't wear them :oops: . Hey, they hide your eyes and I'm aloud to be stubborn on one or two subjects, right?

TPUM should be working :wink: .
"Y'all looking for the only truth and it doesn't even exist" - Pops
BathroomKey
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby kinako mochi on Sun May 15, 2005 3:32 pm

Ya DID say to call you out. :D:D:D

If working on the strip is working, then shurrr! But this being the last day of my three-day weekend, I'm not going to overexert myself or lose sleep over it. Besides, I have my contacts back! Yay! *sees you* :D

--

TPUM knows how to tie a double-windsor knot in his tie.
Then light
kinako mochi
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby azalea2 on Sun May 15, 2005 10:36 pm

I only know one kind of knot to tie in a tie, and I have no idea what name it has. I learned it when i was 12-ish, because i thought it would be a good thing to know. It was pretty funny: in college, sometimes a soon-to-be graduating senior would want to wear a tie for an interview, and be panicking because they had no idea how to tie it and none of the guys they asked did, either. I can only tie a tie on myself, so I would take the tie from them, knot it on myself, then slip the loop wide enough to take it off and hand it to them. Of course, then they would ask why in the world *I* knew how to tie a tie, and be really confused when I said it was a useful skill (somehow not understanding that I had just used it to help them). =P

TPUM does not own a television set.
You don't know me.
azalea2
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Elfbiter on Mon May 16, 2005 12:41 am

Not any more. My old TV set finally stopped working (not due to the lighting strike I mentioned), I could not afford to buy a new one and I found out that I can easily live without audiovisual entertainment. I'm more of a bibliophile anyway.

TPUM has tried to apply for a work in a museum
---
Living is easy with eyes closed.
Elfbiter
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ryalyn on Tue May 17, 2005 7:35 am

Nope. Lots of other places, but museums just aren't that big in my hometown, sadly enough.

TPUM needs to trim their fingernails.
Unicorn bait

A kitty is a young cat and a canoe is made of plastic and I have no idea what you're all laughing at.
Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot

Postby NorphTehDwarf on Tue May 17, 2005 10:19 am

Embarrasingly enough, that was my first reminder in a week. *clip*

TPUM finds DDR as distressing as I do.
NorphTehDwarf
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ryalyn on Thu May 19, 2005 7:53 am

I've actually never ever played it. I've never seen the game in person, even. Obviously, I don't get out much. ;) I will forever think of Rubio when I hear about it, though. :D

TPUM has had their utilities cut off because of forgetting to pay the bill.
Unicorn bait

Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot

Postby Fhqwhgads on Thu May 19, 2005 8:07 am

Not yet. Not yet. ...

Yeah, I saw a DDR machine on a business trip to Vegas last weekend though. Did not get on it. Because I would look like this. (Panel 1)

TPUM has been working entirely too much lately.
"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary." - James D. Nicoll
Fhqwhgads
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Kestralyn on Fri May 20, 2005 1:09 pm

Would you count being at work until 7 last night? And consistently being under the gun? Then again, everyone here is feeling the same way. Some of us just are willing to stay later to get something finished.

TPUM likes a food cooked but not raw, or vice-versa.
"Wherever a dancer stands ready, there is a holy place" - Martha Graham
"and where she walks, there are sequins" - any Raqs Sharqi dancer
Kestralyn
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby kinako mochi on Fri May 20, 2005 2:48 pm

Being a local Hawaiian, I'm more apt to eat raw. :D

To me, a good, healthy skipjack tuna filet, inspected for the dangerous stuff as best possible, should be eaten raw as sashimi to get the best out of what the fish has to offer. Seared is my next fave, then Haw'n salt pok
Then light
kinako mochi
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ryalyn on Fri May 20, 2005 7:49 pm

Hey! Where's my bit?

*pout*
Unicorn bait

Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to The Wapsi Pub