The Person Under Me Game

Grab a scotch, Guinness or your favorite bottled water, put your feet up and relax. This is the Off-topic pub for the Wapsi fans. Cigar smoking is allowed.

Moderator: pablo

Postby Ryalyn on Fri May 06, 2005 1:47 pm

I'm going as a peasant. I've been to the MN faire a bunch of times (worked there for a season in food service, backstage washing dishes) and LOVED it so I'm very excited to go and to go in dress. But I'm nervous, too, because I've never done it this way before, I've never been to this particular faire, and I've never gone alone (except when I was working). The being alone and going in dress should be a lot of fun, as long as the faire is good.

And the weather forecast had better change by then. Right now, weather.com is saying 80 degrees and thunderstorms. I know the faire would still be open, but that'd not be a lot of fun.

Looks over the rest of the page.

You know, I'm starting to wonder if maybe I post too much. :oops:

I haven't seen Hitchhiker's yet. Maybe I'll do that over the weekend. Kingdom of Heaver opened today, too, and that looked pretty good. I also want to see Sahara, but money's really tight right now so I'm not sure if I'll get to any.

TPUM checks the Wapsi forums at least 8 times a day.
Unicorn bait

A kitty is a young cat and a canoe is made of plastic and I have no idea what you're all laughing at.
Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot

Postby azalea2 on Fri May 06, 2005 4:17 pm

*glances around quickly*

Only during the weekdays - weekends I'm too lazy to log in.

TPUM know what their cholesterol level is.
You don't know me.
azalea2
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby kinako mochi on Sat May 07, 2005 10:16 am

Too high. But then again my ancestors worked sugar cane fields, and had terrible diets. My blood lipid count was up over 300 last time I was checked. :o

--

TPUM has something wrong with their car that's appeared in the last few days
Then light
kinako mochi
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ryalyn on Sat May 07, 2005 7:01 pm

Nope. But I figured out that if I fill up the air in the tires, it helps a lot. >.< Ugh.

TPUM gets depressed after going to weddings.
Unicorn bait

A kitty is a young cat and a canoe is made of plastic and I have no idea what you're all laughing at.
Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot

Postby kinako mochi on Sat May 07, 2005 10:13 pm

Not me. Half of weddings end in divorce. It's looking at the bigger picture that helps me get over some of these heat-of-moment emotional episodes I tend to have about feeling left behind (not saying you do, but I certainly do).

How did these people decide to get married? Was it pressure? Was it the desire to feel important to family, friends, and peers, i.e., not wanting to be the office bachelor/spinster? Was a pregnancy involved?

To me if you don't love, and want deeply, more than anything, to be joined with the one you love, and they with you, don't worry about it. The world at large needs more people who want marriage, who want kids more than life itself, not a single more unhappy 1st-anniversary couple, or especially, an unwanted and unloved child. :cry:

--

TPUM takes solace in the company of healthy things, that grow.
Then light
kinako mochi
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ryalyn on Mon May 09, 2005 10:05 am

Yeah, it's that feeling of being left behind. Blargh. :P

I enjoy green growing things, but probably not as much as some other people in here. I did finally get my garden planted and lawn mowed, though, and I have the sunburn to show for it. :oops: *whimper*.

TPUM thinks Shelly and Heather will finally get to talk this whole thing out sometime this week. :D
Unicorn bait

Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot

Postby PrettyPrincess on Mon May 09, 2005 10:39 am

I'd like them to work it out, but it may take longer - this line has been going since St patrick's Day...

TPUM is eating crackers.
PrettyPrincess
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby azalea2 on Mon May 09, 2005 12:38 pm

Nope. In fact, right now i seem to be going through another "food is vile" phase. Ah well, big breakfasts and milk in tea have keep me going so far.

TPUM has a favorite pen (or other writing implement).
You don't know me.
azalea2
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby kinako mochi on Mon May 09, 2005 6:14 pm

My Wacom stylus, followed by my Kooh-i-noor drafting pencils, then my Dr. Grip ink pen. ;)

My mom said that my favorite snack as a baby was crackers. :D

--

TPUM has lost major poundage in the last three weeks. ;)
Then light
kinako mochi
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby azalea2 on Mon May 09, 2005 9:44 pm

:oops: nnnnno, um, not quite, i don't think; ~6 pounds in two weeks, which is maybe kinda fast, but in total not major. give me another two weeks, and we'll see. (gods, sometimes i hate my brain.) :cry:

TPUM likes walking in the rain.
You don't know me.
azalea2
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby kinako mochi on Mon May 09, 2005 10:06 pm

I love it. Especially when the rain is as warm as the sun.

On Maui, when the wet air piles up on the mountains, it releases its moisture as rain. But get too much piling up, and some of it spills over onto the leeward, or dry side. Winds carry the rain for miles, absorbing heat as it stays aloft, mixing with variable offshore winds, and if it's about 5 pm and getting cooler, the rain comes from a clear pale orange sky at a bit cooler than lukewarm. The rest hits the still-hot asphalt or concrete you're walking on, and creates a steamy set of leggings for you, the smell of wet red dust filling your head.

As you can tell, I miss Maui, and my childhood, a lot sometimes. :)

--

TPUM has stood on something two miles high, or higher. ;)
Then light
kinako mochi
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ryalyn on Tue May 10, 2005 6:16 am

Huggles Azalea and wishes her well and strength.

Higher than what? 8) Straight up above ground? Oooh. Probably not. But I've stood above some pretty high things. And I've discovered that I'm not so much afraid of heights as I am of falling. So, I'm okay standing at the top of the crane, but I'm not okay bungee jumping from it. *shudder*

TPUM had a funky dream last night.

(p.s. "For Better or For Worse" used the word "wonky" today. :lol:)
Unicorn bait

Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot

Postby MarkusN on Tue May 10, 2005 6:55 am

Probably, but since I never remember my dreams...

TPUM 'd rather be someplace else right now.
definitely: 92.5 million; definately/definatly: 10.16 million. 11%. Strong the disturbance in the force is.
MarkusN
Keenspot Despot

Postby Rubio on Tue May 10, 2005 7:13 am

Where I am: at work, doing the whole software version control administration thing
Where I want to be: On my arse, in front of my television, getting through the next planet in KOTOR with my darkside character, soda and burger close at hand. And maybe my girlfriend close by, popping with odd non sequitur or "I love you" at random intervals.

---
TPUM buys too many books
"To the right, books; to the left, a tea-cup.
In front of me, the fireplace; behind me, the post.
There is no greater happiness than this."
-Teiga
Rubio
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Fhqwhgads on Tue May 10, 2005 10:49 am

Dude, don't I just wish. I have little enough time for food, let alone books.

TPUM is suffering through "Take Your Benighted Offspring To Work Day" today.
"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary." - James D. Nicoll
Fhqwhgads
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ryalyn on Tue May 10, 2005 4:07 pm

One of the ladies in the office had her two grandkids in this afternoon. They ran up and down the hall, giggling and playing ball and basically acting like the 3-4 year olds that they are. :) They're cute. But I don't think they were there because of any reason other than because their mom had some stuff to do and Grandma wasn't all that busy.

Nice to see you back, Fhq!

TPUM ate something with cinnamon today.
Unicorn bait

Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot

Postby PrettyPrincess on Tue May 10, 2005 5:18 pm

Not unless buffalo wings have cinnamon in them... I've been only eating one meal a day because my gall bladder hurts (it's coming out later this month) - and I shouldn't have had the buffalo wings, but since there's a chance I won't be able to eat them after the surgery, I decided to have one last hurrah.

TPUM has never had a bodily organ removed.
PrettyPrincess
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby kinako mochi on Tue May 10, 2005 6:58 pm

Nope. Not yet. Have had a wisdom removed, after the tiny eruption of one of the molar 'horns' finally got infected after ten years of not doing anything about it. I had heard dentists can't extract until the infection is gone, so I bought a rechargeable WaterPik, filled the reservoir with orange Listerine, and aimed the nozzle at the hole in my gum that was infected. :o It completely cleared after a few nights of rolling doubled up on the floor with the most intense pain I had ever felt (where it makes you nauseous it hurts so bad), and about ten days of constant fear-factor.

When it came out, it was so pain-free I could hardly believe it. Imagine a stone the size of a big lima bean coming out of your head. That's what the lack of that tooth felt like after two weeks. Now for the other side. :)

--

TPUM is mostly docile except for rare periods of total streaking-level insanity. :D
Then light
kinako mochi
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Elfbiter on Tue May 10, 2005 10:42 pm

Well, depends on your definition of insanity 8) (most of my problems are metabolical). At least the reason some people seem to be afraid of me is not mental imbalance nor have I, to my knowledge, driven anyone to loony bin. And I limit my "streaking" to sauna.

---

TPUM has been pondering a possibility to create a fake paper document to catch someone for their snobbish stupidity.
---
Living is easy with eyes closed.
Elfbiter
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Serrith on Wed May 11, 2005 5:26 am

What me? I could never do such a thing...I am too good at making real paper documents for that. Just ask my old boss, oh, wait, you can't, they fired him :evil:

TPUM has a really big shoe fetish.
Serrith
Junior Keenspotter

Postby NorphTehDwarf on Wed May 11, 2005 6:16 am

'Fraid not. I've worn my most recent pair of sneakers for somewhere over a year.

TPUM killed him a bear when he was only three.
NorphTehDwarf
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby kinako mochi on Wed May 11, 2005 2:59 pm

Aw, poah beaw
Then light
kinako mochi
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Rubio on Wed May 11, 2005 4:24 pm

mostly 'coz it's been busted in my apartment for the past few days. yeah.

TPUM wants a soda
"To the right, books; to the left, a tea-cup.
In front of me, the fireplace; behind me, the post.
There is no greater happiness than this."
-Teiga
Rubio
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby kinako mochi on Wed May 11, 2005 5:42 pm

Hehe -- if it's 'bicarbonate of', then I've already used it to calm my stomach down
Then light
kinako mochi
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Elfbiter on Thu May 12, 2005 2:51 am

kinako mochi wrote:TPUM has seen and heard lightning hit less than a football field away.

Somewhere near outside my window. Nothing catched fire, but my computer rebooted (in a middle of writing), separate CD player stopped, TV changed (mute) channel and my electrical alarm clock stopped working. The strangest thing is that only the last piece of equipment was permanently broken.

---

TPUM has pretended to be someone else offline.
---
Living is easy with eyes closed.
Elfbiter
Keenspotter Supreme

PreviousNext

Return to The Wapsi Pub