Shits n' giggles

Grab a scotch, Guinness or your favorite bottled water, put your feet up and relax. This is the Off-topic pub for the Wapsi fans. Cigar smoking is allowed.

Moderator: pablo

Shits n' giggles

Postby pablo on Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:43 pm

Kestralyn wrote:He's a tricksy hobbitses, he is!


pablo wrote:*scurries off with furry feet*
:D


Ryalyn wrote:Quick! Catch the hobbit!

Scurries after with a very, very large net on a long stick.


Ryalyn wrote:Ryalyn slowly shuffles into the room, dragging her net on the floor behind her. She collapses onto a beanbag chair that materializes out of nowhere just in time to catch her.

...


*peeks in from the corner, bolts across room with all the fervor of daffy duck on a wild day*

"Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"
User avatar
pablo
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:01 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Postby kinako mochi on Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:51 pm

*does double take*

Was that... a chibi-Paul-Taylor???

*gets out silly string* :D
User avatar
kinako mochi
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:28 pm

Postby Ryalyn on Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:51 pm

Giggles as she gathers up her net.

Silly string? What good's that for? The only luck I've had with netting anyone with silly string was on the morning of my best friend's wedding when all of the bridesmaids ambushed her in the bedroom and completely covered the room in bits and streams of neon.

Now this . . .

She holds up her large net on a long, long stick.

This is good for hobbit catching.

Coming along?

Pulling out a hunting cap and tucking her hair up into it, she winks at Kinako, then runs after Pablo.

I'll get you yet!!!
Unicorn bait

A kitty is a young cat and a canoe is made of plastic and I have no idea what you're all laughing at.
User avatar
Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:25 am
Location: Georgia, USA

Postby kinako mochi on Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:58 pm

*looks down at his useless, but humane, can of unloved silly string, and tucks into back pocket*

*Ryalyn rolls eyes while I rummage through other pockets*

Well, all I have is this carrot. Now what?

Hey! Wait for me!

*peels out*
User avatar
kinako mochi
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:28 pm

Postby pablo on Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:48 pm

*giggles and runs for a hobbit hole*


*distracted by shiny object*

*hops on a Segway by forum door*

Zoooomie! :D
User avatar
pablo
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:01 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Postby kinako mochi on Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:14 pm

*comes to stop on heels, rubs eyes*

Ryalyn, he
User avatar
kinako mochi
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:28 pm

Postby Tanukitsune on Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:50 am

Hobbits taste like chicken! :P

Oh, and you are likely to be eaten by a grue!
Having nothing to worry about makes me nervous...
User avatar
Tanukitsune
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1536
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:25 am
Location: Spain

Postby Ryalyn on Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:11 am

Sticks a lantern onto Tunuk's head

Well, then you'll just have to come along with us and light the way!

She looks down at Kinako

What'cha doin' down there?

She leans over and gives him a hand up, then looks past him to where Pablo-hobbit is speeding away on his Segway.

Those things are so cool.

So, what kind of transport should we use?
Unicorn bait

A kitty is a young cat and a canoe is made of plastic and I have no idea what you're all laughing at.
User avatar
Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:25 am
Location: Georgia, USA

Postby kinako mochi on Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:33 am

Dees wan
User avatar
kinako mochi
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:28 pm

Postby Tanukitsune on Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:02 pm

West of House

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded door.

There is a small mailbox here. You hear a giggling hobbit, but you can't tell where it's coming from. Ryalyn is here. Kinako Mochi is here.

>

Image
Having nothing to worry about makes me nervous...
User avatar
Tanukitsune
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1536
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:25 am
Location: Spain

Postby kinako mochi on Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:16 pm

> orbital particle beam <ret>

1=mailbox?
2=house?

> 2 <ret>

*grabs Ryalyn and leaps behind Super Mini*

:o
User avatar
kinako mochi
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:28 pm

Postby Ryalyn on Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:53 pm

Drips ice cream on Kinako

I'm so confused. What did you just do?
Unicorn bait

A kitty is a young cat and a canoe is made of plastic and I have no idea what you're all laughing at.
User avatar
Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:25 am
Location: Georgia, USA

Postby azalea2 on Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:30 pm

> xyzzy
You don't know me.
User avatar
azalea2
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:17 am
Location: California (San Franscisco bay area-ish)

Postby Kestralyn on Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:54 pm

Ignore this message -- I typo-ed, hit the wrong button, and now can't delete the dumb thing.

ummmm...

Throws big bag of popcorn in window of house before orbital particle beam hits!
Last edited by Kestralyn on Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Wherever a dancer stands ready, there is a holy place" - Martha Graham
"and where she walks, there are sequins" - any Raqs Sharqi dancer
User avatar
Kestralyn
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:41 pm

Postby Kestralyn on Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:58 pm

Ryalyn wrote:Drips ice cream on Kinako

I'm so confused. What did you just do?


He just aimed the orbital particle beam at the house and pulled you behind the car to shield the two of you from the blast. Roasted fairy wings SMELL!!! Image
"Wherever a dancer stands ready, there is a holy place" - Martha Graham
"and where she walks, there are sequins" - any Raqs Sharqi dancer
User avatar
Kestralyn
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:41 pm

Postby kinako mochi on Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:00 pm

Frantically gestures to get down.

"Whatever you do, do NOT look behind you!"

A blast wave rocks the little Mini on its tiny mags.

Kinako and Ryalyn hunker down as debris and heat swirl ferociously around them, then subside as the sky darkens back to normal.
Kinako attempts to shout over the lingering rumble You okay?? It is raining pebbles and dirt. She nods weakly.

"Um, yer cone. Here, there should be some wipes in the Mini
User avatar
kinako mochi
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:28 pm

Postby Ryalyn on Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:00 pm

*commercial for Pepsi*

*commercial for Dairy Queen*

*commercial for Segway*

*commercial for Verizon*

Ryalyn and Kinako are in the Mini, driving over the bleak landscape. Ryalyn licks her melting ice cream cone and looks around the small car.

You know, I could swear that there was more than just you and me around here. Where'd everybody else go?

And I really think I need to start playing more computer games because I have no idea how I got my ice cream back. Not that I'm complaining or anything. I like ice cream.

She smiles and crumples up the napkin she used to clean off her fingers.

So, I seem to have lost my Pablo-hobbit net. It looks like we're back to your carrot and your silly string, unless you've got some goodies in the back of this thing. Oooh, like one of those three-stringed things, whatsamacallit. Where you throw it and the weighted ends work to trap the legs. Do you know what I'm talking about?
Unicorn bait

A kitty is a young cat and a canoe is made of plastic and I have no idea what you're all laughing at.
User avatar
Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:25 am
Location: Georgia, USA

Postby kinako mochi on Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:08 pm

*Yep, that's called a bolo. Sounds handy, hmmm
User avatar
kinako mochi
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:28 pm

Postby Ryalyn on Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:48 pm

Ryalyn looks at Kestralyn. She looks hot and dry. And annoyed.

Wow. Sorry about that.

She untangles Kestralyn from the net and motions to Kinako to put away the silly string.

Um . . . is it okay for an octopus to be out of water like this? What you need is sort of mobile aquarium or something. I wonder if we could find the bits for that inside this house.

She motions at the house, in whose shade they're standing. It's a rather plain looking house, and Ryalyn wonders why the door is boarded over. She shrugs, as it's probably a remnant from some game that she's never played before.

Besides, maybe that sneaky hobbit's inside here. Or a bolo!! (Yea! That's what it was! Thanks!) Or maybe we'll find the person who fainted.

Wait. There's something weird about that, but I can't put my finger on it.

Oh, well.

She walks over to the door and starts tugging at the boards. Kinako clears his throat behind her and she looks around, just in time to see him climbing in through an open window.

Wow, aren't I cliche?
Unicorn bait

A kitty is a young cat and a canoe is made of plastic and I have no idea what you're all laughing at.
User avatar
Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:25 am
Location: Georgia, USA

Postby pablo on Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:59 pm

*outside the sound of a lawnmower engine followed by hobbit laughter*

*the Pablohobbit zooms overhead in an ultralight, heading for the near by forest*
User avatar
pablo
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:01 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Postby kinako mochi on Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:49 pm

Kinako immediately recognizes the sound and its location, and falls on his face trying to back out when he's already halfway in.

Ryalyn! Kestralyn! Hobbit! Popping his head out the window again, he points up at the quickly shrinking gossamer aircraft.

Kestralyn's annoyed look turns to a blank stare as dehydration takes it toll on her cool skin. Darting through the house, Kinako finds a trash bag and a laundry basket, and fills it at the kitchen sink.

As he struggles toward the window with Kestalyn's makeshift aquarium, a bang from a closed door. First things first. He and Ryalyn lift Kestralyn's limp body through the window and into shade, resting her gently in the water. Her eyes blink weakly.


Guh. The hell
User avatar
kinako mochi
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:28 pm

Postby kinako mochi on Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:38 am

Wow, peaches! I love peaches!

Ryalyn flutters newly-washed and preened wings about a single peach tree. The forest is huge, old, and you'd never know that 30 minutes ago the Mini's wheels rolled on sterile, baking clay. Everything aroud them teems with life and balance.

Kinako sits blithely on a smooth rock, dipping hot feet into a sparkling stream, sunbeams waltzing around them like windblown curtains. He is still trying to get his head around the fact that he has breasts. The laptop, string and carrot lie next to him.

Kestralyn shows her grace in her natural element. The fresh water sort of stings, but it's better than being jerky by far. Patterns peacefully ripple across her skin.

Kitsune is not happy. First, his laptop was left at the house, now miles away, which means no command line at his level, which means he has to wait for Kinako to fumble around with HIS laptop until he gets something right. Bah, users. (j/k Kitsune. I'm with IT bkgrd myself :D)

Kinako lifts the laptop up and taps in a guess:


> grid <ret>

> coordinates? (xx,yy)/(xx,yy)?

> 0,0/99,99 <ret>

> Domain too large, use /locale/grid

[i]Aha, thinks Kinako
User avatar
kinako mochi
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:28 pm

Postby Tanukitsune on Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:14 am

(Commerical break)
Visit Quendor the land of grues and granola mines! Be amazed at Dam #3! Enjoy the peace of Accardi village! Visit the White House in Flathedia!
WARNING: When visiting the Great Underground Empire please remember to bring a flashlight for safety reasons...

Need a princess kidnapped? Or a magical item stolen? Or maybe you just want to rub someone out? Call 555-THUGS now and your problem will be solved promptly!
(End of commercial break)
:P
Having nothing to worry about makes me nervous...
User avatar
Tanukitsune
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1536
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:25 am
Location: Spain

Postby Ryalyn on Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:44 am

Ryalyn sits atop the peach tree, a large peach on her lap. Her wings move gently in the wind as she stretches and she smiles as she soaks up the sunshine, looking around at the verdurous forest spread out before her.

Gradually, she becomes aware of the chill. Looking down, she opens her mouth to call out to Kinako. Her jaw drops as she realizes that she can no longer see the forest floor. What was only moments before, it seemed, warm and inviting, is now sinister and threatening. She hears movements in the underbrush and calls out.


Kinako? Are you down there?

Vaguely she remembers hearing something about grues and a shiver runs through her. Rolling the peach off her lap, she jumps into the air. Quietly she starts to make her way toward the dark forest floor. It comes into view suddenly and she nearly crashes. She finds Kestralyn next to the trunk of the tree, sitting in her aquarium, eyes open wide in fright.

Where's Kinako?

Kestralyn shrugs, a powerful gesture for a creature with multiple limbs, but points off toward where Ryalyn remembered seeing a stream before. Thick fog blankets everything and she shivers again.

Kinako? Can you hear me? Kinako?

Overhead, she hears the engine of Pablohobbit's ultralight, but then it is gone, leaving only the eerie hush of the forest.

Kinako??
Unicorn bait

A kitty is a young cat and a canoe is made of plastic and I have no idea what you're all laughing at.
User avatar
Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:25 am
Location: Georgia, USA

Postby Kestralyn on Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:59 am

Ryalyn wrote:She finds Kestralyn next to the trunk of the tree, sitting in her aquarium, eyes open wide in fright.[/i]

Where's Kinako?

Kestralyn shrugs, a powerful gesture for a creature with multiple limbs, but points off toward where Ryalyn remembered seeing a stream before. Thick fog blankets everything and she shivers again.


OK, if we're going to be playing in the forest, I need to have legs, not tentacles. You got any magic in your little bag of tricks, FairyGirl? I need to be human again!
"Wherever a dancer stands ready, there is a holy place" - Martha Graham
"and where she walks, there are sequins" - any Raqs Sharqi dancer
User avatar
Kestralyn
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:41 pm

 
Next

Return to The Wapsi Pub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest