Let's play a game called: Who/What Is In Your Avatar???

Grab a scotch, Guinness or your favorite bottled water, put your feet up and relax. This is the Off-topic pub for the Wapsi fans. Cigar smoking is allowed.

Moderator: pablo

Postby Ryalyn on Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:23 pm

:oops:
Unicorn bait

A kitty is a young cat and a canoe is made of plastic and I have no idea what you're all laughing at.
Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot

Postby crypto on Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:35 pm

Ryalyn; I like the fairy avatar. Very cute.

Ok my latest is a TIE Defender, although I'm thinking it needs changed again.
Current Goonmanji form:The game board

Infuego wrote:
crypto wrote:
"noskunkonskunkactionforyou".

We can dream can't we? Actually, I'm picturing Skunk on Ellen on Nan on skunk action.

Ooh, best idea I've heard today! Or read, i guess...

Quadraxis wrote:Crypto, your mind is a very disturbing sandwich. The kind of sandwich you decide not to eat and just let rot somewhere unnoticeable.
crypto
Keenspot Despot

Postby Burger Nerf on Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:13 am

Human eyes cannot see my avatar. If you could it would quite possibly drive you insane. Okay, insaner.

I see Tanukitsune described that Wolfie avatar in the last page, but I only just recognized it a day or two ago--and when I did, I had to laugh.

I didn't see this right for, like, ever. And I KNOW the Groovy Ghoulies! ("Everybody, shout! Come on now, sing out! It's time for a Ghoulie get-together!!")

This is one of those things where your mind sees what it wants to. Because the avatar is so small, the resized image isn't crystal clear. And this is what I "saw:" a strange noseless big-eyed orange alien girl with big red hair--like a mix of the comic-book and cartoon Starfires--in a purple robe, leaning over the long harp-like instrument she's holding in her brown, multi-elbowed arms.

I was gonna ask Tan where it was from.

Picture Wolfie's hair and beard as her spilling hair, his nose as a big eye, his left cheek-dimple as her smile, his hands as her sholders or elbows, and his pants and the purple background as her robe.

Anyone else see that?

Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Sionide on Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:30 am

Woot. I got an avatar now...

My avatar is the logo of Ubuntu Linux. :)
[ Synthetic Intelligent Organism Normally for Infiltration and Dangerous Exploration ]
Sionide
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ryalyn on Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:29 am

AJAX!!!! I love that!

Burger--I could see it Tanuk's av, it just doesn't make any sense to me because I've never seen what it's from.

Burger Nerf wrote:Human eyes cannot see my avatar. If you could it would quite possibly drive you insane. Okay, insaner.

Falls over laughing.
Unicorn bait

A kitty is a young cat and a canoe is made of plastic and I have no idea what you're all laughing at.
Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot

Postby crypto on Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:39 am

As much as I want to take credit for the bit of EGS fan art that is my avatar at this moment, I can't. It's by a forumite who goes by Joan Valkyrie. Go here to see the full work.[/url]
Current Goonmanji form:The game board

Infuego wrote:
crypto wrote:
"noskunkonskunkactionforyou".

We can dream can't we? Actually, I'm picturing Skunk on Ellen on Nan on skunk action.

Ooh, best idea I've heard today! Or read, i guess...

Quadraxis wrote:Crypto, your mind is a very disturbing sandwich. The kind of sandwich you decide not to eat and just let rot somewhere unnoticeable.
crypto
Keenspot Despot

Postby ajax on Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:46 am

Yes, new avatar -- the propellor beanie (available from Archie McPhee). I've been searching for a new one (avatar, that is) for a while and felt this was the best current incarnation of my online self. I don't actually own a propellor beanie, but I do have a Lightning Bolt hat from the '82 Worlds Fair, whose like I have not seen in decades.

Ajax
Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?
OK, even I have a LiveJournal now!
Read Schlock Mercenary -- in color, every day! Image
ajax
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Tanukitsune on Sun May 01, 2005 12:43 am

My new avatar is Dropo, clumsy martian and comedy relief from Santa Claus Conquers the Martians... :P
Having nothing to worry about makes me nervous...
Tanukitsune
Keenspot Despot

Finally changed my Avitar...

Postby The1Paladin on Sun May 01, 2005 1:14 am

...It's only taken me two years. I love Ern dearly, but I'm going old school. This device is *MINE* For those of you who may have spent some time in the SCA you know that you can register your name and your device so that no one else can use it. They take this stuff seriously. This has been my device in the SCA since 1992... (They've got thewrong gauntlet on it, but what the hell.) Do a google on "James Falconbridge" (That's my name SCA wise) if you're curious...
The1Paladin
Keenspotter Supreme

Previous

Return to The Wapsi Pub