Let's play a game called: Who/What Is In Your Avatar???

Grab a scotch, Guinness or your favorite bottled water, put your feet up and relax. This is the Off-topic pub for the Wapsi fans. Cigar smoking is allowed.

Moderator: pablo

Let's play a game called: Who/What Is In Your Avatar???

Postby MrEff on Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:04 am

I figured it needed to be done and what better place than the Pub to get this ball rolling.....

I'll go first: Mine is of a robot named "Cantii" from the awesome anime: "Fooley Cooley"

I'm thinking about changing it to something a little more spooky in the future......... who knows and only time will tell

So who's next??? anyone????

-MrEff-
Live life at Benny Hill "freak out" speed

MrEff
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby EdSaari on Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:39 am

My avatar "du jour" is one work from my "Painting With Light" bunch. The model is illuminated solely by the light projected through a transparency of various flowers; photographed on daylight balanced film, and printed (no small job, technically) by me.

"Art is an encrypted window displaying the being of the artist on the other side".
Carpe Erratum!!!
EdSaari
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby sporko on Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:18 am

my avatar is a fish.

it swims.
my friend mia wrote: have you heard the whole "guys are like wine, you have to stomp on them until they become something you can have dinner with . . ." i think some guys are just sour grapes to begin with...
sporko
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Mravac Kid on Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:07 pm

My avatar is Neko The Kitty in the Full Metal Jacket outfit, and it is simply irresistible :)
Ride the Wild Wind - push the envelope, don't sit on the fence
Ride the Wild Wind - live life on the razor's edge
For reasons unknown, I have a LiveJournal - now featuring the Webcomic Pimping Series!
Mravac Kid
Keenspot Despot

Postby amazon princess on Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:30 am

these are boobs ( kinda obvious !) . But they arent mine.

mine are bigger !!^^
amazon princess
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby 'Nimrod' on Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:21 am

Mr. Eff:

In just how many forums do you post this question? I wonder if some sort of master avatar index for the internet could be set up where everyone could post, describe, edit, and maintain their avatar(s)... Yes, I know the limitations it would have - but still an idea.

Oh, my avatar is my alter ego and my version of NIMROD (from the Marvel Comics about 1990) He(I) am in the "KC Strip" comic that has yet to get off the ground (and may never) that I do along with Kithara over at the BEA Forum (off-topic section). Yes, that was a plug...it is not very good as a comic and is more of a graphic inside thank-you to that forum - but it is fun.

Mr. Eff, do you use a different avatar for each forum?
'Nimrod'
Junior Keenspotter

Postby MrEff on Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:34 am

'Nimrod' wrote:Mr. Eff:

In just how many forums do you post this question?

I'll post in each and every forum I visit if I has too!!!!

I just think it's a fun way to get to know people.... what there taste is an why ya know?

'Nimrod' wrote:it is not very good as a comic and is more of a graphic inside thank-you to that forum - but it is fun.

I disagree... I think it is a wonderful comic.... very well drawn too.... it captures all of our likeness'.... I can't wait to see more of it and hopefully (pleezpleezpleez) make an appearance in it......

'Nimrod' wrote:Mr. Eff, do you use a different avatar for each forum?

Yes I do.... I find it helps me differentiate which forum I'm posting in and it makes it fun.... I've considered using the same one as it is "forum friendly" but I dunno.......

-MrEff-

so who's next???

p.s. AP.... you're bigger????? :o :o :o

MrEff
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Kestralyn on Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:59 pm

I guess I'm next.

My avatar is me... more accurately, it's a photo of my dance persona that someone took during our stage show last year. Something about the composition of the photo really spoke to me, so there it is.

Kestralyn
"Wherever a dancer stands ready, there is a holy place" - Martha Graham
"and where she walks, there are sequins" - any Raqs Sharqi dancer
Kestralyn
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby whonow on Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:05 pm

Who can guess mine? You get $10 on great-grand-fathers day if figure it out. Void in Canada.
Y0U DR0PPED Y0UR PANCAKE, Z|GG|T!!!
whonow
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby crypto on Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:30 pm

Well currently I have Lion girl from the Golem Girls, but I've had some Shir art (ZG fand girl, very good artist), Some EGS comic stuff, and I'm working on modifying a Tigerhawk picture I might use on this forum.
Current Goonmanji form:The game board

Infuego wrote:
crypto wrote:
"noskunkonskunkactionforyou".

We can dream can't we? Actually, I'm picturing Skunk on Ellen on Nan on skunk action.

Ooh, best idea I've heard today! Or read, i guess...

Quadraxis wrote:Crypto, your mind is a very disturbing sandwich. The kind of sandwich you decide not to eat and just let rot somewhere unnoticeable.
crypto
Keenspot Despot

Postby ajax on Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:37 am

amazon princess wrote:these are boobs ( kinda obvious !) . But they arent mine.

mine are bigger !!^^

Oh, I am crushed and disillusioned that your avatar's not you, AP. You're going to have to get an 8-ball shirt and come up with an artful presentation of yourself in it to restore my shattered confidence...

My current avatar is a slight mod of one of the bikers in the Biker Bar story arc of a few years ago. I gave him glasses and adjusted his hair slightly to make him look more-or-less like me. However, I am no biker, just well-worn.

Previous avs included a Goggomobil coupe on the screen of a TV set, and an original sketch of a photo of myself, done in Paint.

Ajax
Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?
OK, even I have a LiveJournal now!
Read Schlock Mercenary -- in color, every day! Image
ajax
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

New Avatar time!!!!

Postby MrEff on Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:43 am

I figure.... 80 posts.... must be time for a new avatar....well here it is and no it's not the spookier one....

It's a Cactus!!!! A Happy Cactus!!!!!!

wow thats good stuff

-MrEff-

MrEff
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Atli on Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:48 am

Appaerantly it's a smoking rabbit. Drawn by Jason (if you've heard of him (I hope you have.. Otherwise, you should :P ).

Although I like it, I'm planning on replacing it with something brighter..
Atli
Junior Keenspotter

Postby crypto on Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:46 am

amazon princess wrote:these are boobs ( kinda obvious !) . But they arent mine.

mine are bigger !!^^

We're disapointed that they are not yours, but they look great though.
Current Goonmanji form:The game board

Infuego wrote:
crypto wrote:
"noskunkonskunkactionforyou".

We can dream can't we? Actually, I'm picturing Skunk on Ellen on Nan on skunk action.

Ooh, best idea I've heard today! Or read, i guess...

Quadraxis wrote:Crypto, your mind is a very disturbing sandwich. The kind of sandwich you decide not to eat and just let rot somewhere unnoticeable.
crypto
Keenspot Despot

Postby ParkRNDL on Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:10 pm

Well... first the screen name, I guess. For starters, I'm a car nut. Back in the days when AOL chat rooms were cool (I know, I know, they were NEVER cool) I wanted to come up with something car-related, but clever. There are a million lame MustangDude and 77camaroguy type screen names out there. I wanted something you had to think about for a second, and then when you got it, it was like "Oh duh, of course." There was this bit on the old TV show Mama's Family (or something like that, with Vicki Lawrence and Carol Burnett) where they tried to teach Mama to drive on something like an old Duster... I remember her sitting behind the wheel, looking at the shift indicator in the dash, and saying "What's a prindle?" Made me laugh, and it popped into my head when I was looking for a screen name, so there you have it.

Which leads us to the avatar... that's the dash of my 1965 Chevy Impala.

Aren't you glad you asked? :roll:

--rick
ParkRNDL
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Tanukitsune on Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:53 am

Mine is a bust of the Frankenstein Monster (Boris Karloff)...
I usually change it once a month and it usually B-movie themed, or videogame themed...
My last one was Jack Frost, a mutant killer snowman, from a B-movie too...
PS: The bust was part of Universal Moster Movie Pack I got for my birthday a couple of days ago... :P
Having nothing to worry about makes me nervous...
Tanukitsune
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ryalyn on Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:49 am

I like snowmen. :) Simple enough. I'm a displaced Wisconsinite turned Georgian. I found the pic by going through a Google image search and the idea of having a snowman that close up was funny to me.

Are we doing screen names, too? Mine is the name of a character in a story I'm (still) working on. Her name in the first draft was Rya, but it needed to be longer so it became Ryalyn. She's everything that I'm not but sometimes wish that I could be, with the exception of her violent temper.

My sig stems from a recent (and discussed on this forum) opinion towards the men who have persued me in the past. I found the quote on a website but I don't know who it originated from.

Tanukitsune, I'm so glad you finally changed your av. Jack Frost was really staring to creap me out. I worked in a video rental store when that came out and never watched it, but the picture on the jacket always scared me. I don't handle horror films very well at all, even ones so cheaply done as Frost.

And Ajax, love the pic!
Unicorn bait

A kitty is a young cat and a canoe is made of plastic and I have no idea what you're all laughing at.
Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot

Postby Tanukitsune on Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:32 am

Ryalyn wrote:Tanukitsune, I'm so glad you finally changed your av. Jack Frost was really staring to creap me out. I worked in a video rental store when that came out and never watched it, but the picture on the jacket always scared me. I don't handle horror films very well at all, even ones so cheaply done as Frost.

And Boris Karloff doesn't creep you out? OoOoOoh! :P
Tanukitsune
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ryalyn on Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:53 am

Tanukitsune wrote:And Boris Karloff doesn't creep you out? OoOoOoh! :P

Aw, Billy's just a sweetheart. :)

IMDB wrote:In contrast to the image he presented in most of his films, the private Karloff was, by every account, a quiet, bookish man off- screen. A true gentleman, he had many friends, both in and out of show business, and he was particularly fond of children. For the latter, among other things, he recorded many successful albums of children's stories.
Unicorn bait

A kitty is a young cat and a canoe is made of plastic and I have no idea what you're all laughing at.
Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot

Postby Tanukitsune on Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:13 pm

Ryalyn wrote:
Tanukitsune wrote:And Boris Karloff doesn't creep you out? OoOoOoh! :P

Aw, Billy's just a sweetheart. :)

IMDB wrote:In contrast to the image he presented in most of his films, the private Karloff was, by every account, a quiet, bookish man off- screen. A true gentleman, he had many friends, both in and out of show business, and he was particularly fond of children. For the latter, among other things, he recorded many successful albums of children's stories.

I meant Boris Karloff portraying the Frankestein Monster... :P
(Actually he just looks sad...) :(
Or the Mummy, what ever suits you best...
Tanukitsune
Keenspot Despot

Postby kristress on Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:03 pm

Mine is a ukelele, and me. Not me playing the uke, necessarily, nor even my uke (it belongs to a friend of mine), and not even a terribly polished or edited photo...but it is, indeed, a uke. And I can play it. Sort of. Not behind my head. Yet.
"The villagers are coming with pitchforks and torches. Please hide me!"
kristress
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Lugnut on Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:26 pm

Mine is me, sort of. My hair is now red, and I have full use of both my eyes. Frazz...sounds like I need to update it....:
<The past is what makes us careful with the future>
Lugnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ParkRNDL on Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:38 pm

[quote="Lugnut"]Mine is me, sort of. My hair is now red, and I have full use of both my eyes. Frazz...sounds like I need to update it....:
--rick

The Wolfman is EVERYWHERE...
ParkRNDL
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby MrEff on Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:00 am

Ryalyn wrote:Are we doing screen names, too?

Sure why not!!

Mine is from the Johnen Vasquez (of Squee and Invader Zim fame) comic: "Johnny The Homicidal Maniac" MrEff is one of the Pilsbury Doughboy styrofoam cut-outs that is brought to life by the demons in Nny's head

I know, I know...... dark and demented right???

-MrEff-

p.s. You should see the Avatar I want to put up.... but I respect Wapsi and it's residents waaaaay to much for that (it contains swearing and middle fingers :o :o )

MrEff
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Atli on Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:45 am

Ryalyn wrote:Are we doing screen names, too?

That's actually my real name. No more exciting than that..

I changed my avatar, and I like this one far better than the smoking rabbit.
Atli
Junior Keenspotter

Next

Return to The Wapsi Pub