Sayin' Howdy!

Grab a scotch, Guinness or your favorite bottled water, put your feet up and relax. This is the Off-topic pub for the Wapsi fans. Cigar smoking is allowed.

Moderator: pablo

Postby Nufon on Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:40 am

hmm sweet sweet Guinness :D

if you don't mind, i'll just sit around 'till i have something worthy to say.

like... Cheers ^^
| I <3 Explosives |
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Nufon
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Athena Lionfire on Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:39 pm

Hmm...I'm only 19, but I'm from England, can I still drink here...?
If so I'll be drinking a vodka and coke, if not, leave out the vodka... :D

Hi, I'm Athena L...but I prefer if you just use my real name cos I dont really care either way...so call me Pam if you want.

I'm a long time reader and first time poster...funny reallly I've been reading Wapsi for a good year and have never noticed the forum...shows how observant I am.

I love the comic obviously and take much delight in the bra gags, being short and busty I know how she feels (though I cant beat Mon's 100% real since 3rd grade thing).

The latest arc has scared me loads, her self doubt is so (insert expletive here) creepy! And I thought mine was bad, I'm just glad my self doubt doesnt come in the form of a creepy ass lady thing.

So, yeah I'm gonna settle down with my drink now...
"I cant pay for that I'm practically a hobo" Anime Arcadia
Athena Lionfire
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Madhatter45 on Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:53 pm

Hey everybody. I'm new.. Uh..yeah...:points: Look a well placed distraction!
Gandalf didnt make the horses appear from the river water. That was Arwen, Steven Tyler's daughter. Only the power of the house of Aerosmith could control the elements like that.
Madhatter45
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Anonymous#1 on Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:12 pm

MrEff wrote:
Anonymous#1 wrote:Eh-heh...hi.

Erm, I'm kinda lost, but...uh yes, I'd like to be apart of this lovely forum...yes.

Well welcome.... pull up a barstool and tell us where you wandered in from....

We're all kinda lost here so I'm sure you'll fit right in

-MrEff-

Ah, good thing that I'm browsing along, and found this. Sorry, that was one of my first posts at the keenspot site, and didnt know what I was doing. Inorder to redeem myself, I'll read the comic in its entirely. I like reading anyway. Thanks for the welcome.
I know what random is, and this isn't.

The fact that you joined the bandwagon of something that was created 3 years ago, something that got old and boring after 2 years of existence, and provided no new original material shows your inexperience with the internet as a whole.

Random can only come from inside yourself, something that no one else has ever seen or thought of. Prancing about with the creations of others that have been well documented will surprise no one but the most ignorant of fools.
Anonymous#1
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kestralyn on Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:53 am

Madhatter45 wrote:Hey everybody. I'm new.. Uh..yeah...:points: Look a well placed distraction!

Hey Madhatter!

What's your choice? Pablo's got most anything you can think of on tap, or in bottles when appropriate.

Welcome to the Pub! The house rules seem to be pretty much "don't tap the glass" and "keep back from the tapir's cage" (see the upper right sign in this photo to see what I'm talking about :lol: ) . Beyond that, have fun and join in the party. We boycotted Valentine's Day, but I suspect there may be a St. Patrick's Day party in the works somewhere...
"Wherever a dancer stands ready, there is a holy place" - Martha Graham
"and where she walks, there are sequins" - any Raqs Sharqi dancer
Kestralyn
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Madhatter45 on Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:27 am

Fishbone martini (friend knows how to mix em, don't ask all i know is they are good)
Edit: Oh, wait I know one! A white russian. Mmmmmm.
Gandalf didnt make the horses appear from the river water. That was Arwen, Steven Tyler's daughter. Only the power of the house of Aerosmith could control the elements like that.
Madhatter45
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby kinako mochi on Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:54 am

Hey all, nice to meet you. Mmm, good cigars. :D

I usually like Frangelico and a perfectly brewed coffee, but also Jeremiah Weed/water/rocks is good too, at the other extreme. :wink:
kinako mochi
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Kestralyn on Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:03 pm

Hey Tanuk! MrEff! Scoot down -- we've got a bunch of new folks who want a seat!

Welcome to the Pub, y'all!

Kinako -- given the cooking skills demonstrated during the holiday party, I'd be willing to bet we've got someone here who can brew an excellent cup of coffee.

Athena -- so far we've been letting folks drink based on their country of origin. Of course, if we're unlucky enough to have somebody with "BATF" on the back of their jacket show up, ditch the booze!

Anonymous #1 -- You don't have to apologize for being new to the posting-thing (check out my number... not real high!). Just c'mon in and have a seat. And please enjoy the archives! Pablo's just so frikking talented it's not fair ;-)

Anyone else I haven't said hi to yet? I hate to miss folks, but I'm getting dry here...

Barkeep? Another lager and lime please!
Kestralyn
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ajax on Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:34 am

Ah, lager and lime -- one of the most refreshing combinations, especially on a hot summer day (which it most assuredly isn't here!). You sure get funny looks from bartenders areound here when you ask for such a thing, or shandy.

Ajax
Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?
OK, even I have a LiveJournal now!
Read Schlock Mercenary -- in color, every day! Image
ajax
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

First post!

Postby BloodySparrow on Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:19 pm

Okay... I'm Bloody Sparrow (look at avatar)
I really hope this is not a dead topic, I need to ask a quetion t the important person around here, and no I don't feel like sending a message, is thre a topics in this (or anyother) that are still active that talk about any of the following...
1.music (as in personal theories and personally created music NOT talkig about which bands are better i.e. greendayvs blink 182)
2.philosophy
3.Politics
4. relegion
5. art
(and i mean semi serious, no passing fake drinks mainly though real ones are alowwed :wink: )
please respond anyone...
"When you think w/ your dick you see a hot chick for the present and a unlikly future. when you think w/ur head and heart you see a intresting women for the present and a more likly past" - Bloody sparrow, on the topic of forsight, and what affects it
BloodySparrow
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Ryalyn on Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:50 am

Welcome, BloodySparrow!

Please feel free to jump in anywhere. I don't believe we have a rule here about dead topics, so if there's a thread that's not been open for a while, I'm fairly certain that you're free to open it again. Otherwise, please feel comfortable to hop onto the already moving threads or, if you so desire, open one of your own regarding the topic you would like to discuss. As for the topics that you mention, I don't believe that there are any of those threads open at this time, but that doesn't mean that you can't start one, although I would recommend only talking about one per thread. Otherwise, that could get confusing. :) Unless, of course, you've found an angle that would address all five at once.

Please remember to be nice. Please check your spelling and grammar (your post was kind of difficult to understand there, hon). And have fun!!

Oh, and if you're not nice, as the conservative mothering-type in residence, I will tell you to go stand in the corner. Just ask Burger Nerf. ;)
Unicorn bait

A kitty is a young cat and a canoe is made of plastic and I have no idea what you're all laughing at.
Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kestralyn on Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:36 pm

Ryalyn wrote:Oh, and if you're not nice, as the conservative mothering-type in residence, I will tell you to go stand in the corner. Just ask Burger Nerf. ;)

But you're OUR conservative mothering-type fairy, so we love you ;-)

Bloody Sparrow: c'mon in and settle. I think most of us check any thread that pops back up to the top, so feel free to post to them. You might want to go through the existing threads... we've covered a lot of ground in several of them, and you might find the starts of what you're interested in discussing someplace seemingly strange.
Kestralyn
Keenspotter Supreme

Howdy!

Postby JiveBlues on Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:14 am

Hello everyone. I'm a long time reader of the strip and only ran across the forums a while ago and don't have a lot of time to peruse, so I haven't taken the plunge before now. But I love the strip and it looks like a good gang here, so I felt I had to stop by and say hello.

I never had an alcoholic drink (to my knowledge - there may have been childhood episodes I don't recall) and I'm avoiding soda, and never care much for tea...so I'll take a flavored water.

I'd like a sunshine and romance flavored water, please!

JiveBlues
JiveBlues
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ryalyn on Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:17 am

Kestralyn wrote:But you're OUR conservative mothering-type fairy, so we love you ;)

Awww! Thanks, Kes!!

Welcome, JiveBlues!! Make yourself at home!!

Gives JiveBlues a smiling sun shaped balloon and a glass of water.

Add romance to taste there, hon. ;)
Unicorn bait

A kitty is a young cat and a canoe is made of plastic and I have no idea what you're all laughing at.
Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot

Postby JiveBlues on Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:44 am

Thank you kindly, Ryalyn!

JiveBlues
JiveBlues
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby MarkusN on Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:13 am

Hi folks, it's me! Orphaned Lyncher and haphazard Wapsi poster.

*Orders a Kilkenny and leans at the bar, watching the crowd*
definitely: 92.5 million; definately/definatly: 10.16 million. 11%. Strong the disturbance in the force is.
MarkusN
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ryalyn on Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:25 am

Waves at MarcusN from across the bar

Hi!
Unicorn bait

Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kestralyn on Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:51 am

Welcome to the Pub, MarkusN and JiveBlues! Always good to have new folks hanging out here. It gets a little noisy sometimes, but it's friendly. And we haven't come anywhere near the occupancy limits of the Pub yet, so the Fire Marshall won't get grumpy with us.

Careful of the Pablohobbit -- he's a little annoying, but what'cha gonna do? Dude think since's he's the chibi of the guy who owns the place, he does too! (If you don't have the faintest idea what I'm talking about, check out the Shits & Giggles thread) :lol:

Oh, can someone push a lager and lime closer to my tank? I'm getting dry in here!
Kestralyn
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ajax on Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:21 am

Mmmmmmm, lager & lime. A fine refreshing summertime drink.

Ajax
Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?
OK, even I have a LiveJournal now!
Read Schlock Mercenary -- in color, every day! Image
ajax
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby BathroomKey on Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:07 pm

Hey, I'm a new guy but I do enjoy Waspi Square! Any chance I could get a Jack'n Coke? If not just give me some liquid bread with a bit of alcohol. I wanted to post on the original forum but I guess couldn't really get anything out that someone hadn't already said.

Anyway, looking forward to talking with all of you on the forum. Here's to the pub.

Cheers! :D
BathroomKey
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ryalyn on Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:42 pm

Waves at BathroomKey

Hey! Welcome in and make yourself at home! Feel free to pitch in where ever you feel comfortable. I won't worry about being redundant. Everybody's got their own unique way of looking at the world and it's fun to hear them all.

And never mind the crazy fairy making faces at me in the mirror. Wait . . . never mind. That's me.

Makes sure that BathroomKey gets the appropriate drink and wanders off to find a quiet corner for a nap.
Unicorn bait

Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot

Postby BathroomKey on Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:56 pm

Hey, thanks Ryalyn. Nice to feel welcomed...even though I think I just screwed up the word game. Heh, heh, my bad?
"Y'all looking for the only truth and it doesn't even exist" - Pops
BathroomKey
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Sionide on Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:42 pm

*picks a vacant stool* Pint of your finest ale please barman. ;)

Ah I love being old enough to get into pubs (just!)
[ Synthetic Intelligent Organism Normally for Infiltration and Dangerous Exploration ]
Sionide
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby itfcmn on Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:21 am

Just thought I would say hi. Hi
itfcmn
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Kestralyn on Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:34 pm

Hey there, itfcmn! Welcome to the chaos we call the Pub.

Watch your footing -- there's a beach just off on the one end of the Pub with some very nice surf. However, since Rubio decided to turn some of the sand to glass, it's a little slick.

Grab a seat, order yourself something to drink (alcoholic only if you're legal in your home country -- gotta have some standards!) and catch the Pablohobbit if you're hungry. He's wandering around with snacks last I saw.

*squelches back to the S&G thread to see what mischief has happened while the grumpalopod was out of the water*
Kestralyn
Keenspotter Supreme

PreviousNext

Return to The Wapsi Pub