Sayin' Howdy!

Grab a scotch, Guinness or your favorite bottled water, put your feet up and relax. This is the Off-topic pub for the Wapsi fans. Cigar smoking is allowed.

Moderator: pablo

Postby Lethal Larry on Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:27 pm

Has anybody seen my pants?
Whatever.
Lethal Larry
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ryalyn on Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:02 pm

Looks up guiltily from a smoldering pile of fabric.

Eh? What?

*innocent blink* *blink*

Hey! New people! Hello!!

Hugs itfcmn and Sionide.

Did I welcome you before, Sionide? I love the av, by the way!

Itfcmn, what does your name mean? Wanna cookie?

Offers Sionide and itfcmn a plate of cookies.

As for you, Larry, I'm still upset at you about your eating habits mentioned in the S&G thread. No cookies for you. :P

Stomps out the dying embers from the fire before the Pablohobbit yells at her for lighting a fire in the middle of the Pub.
Unicorn bait

A kitty is a young cat and a canoe is made of plastic and I have no idea what you're all laughing at.
Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot

Postby BathroomKey on Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:48 pm

Welcome Sionide, Itfcmn, Lethal Larry.

Glad to hear you're legal hear Sionide.

Itfcmn, don't be so shy...you can say more then just "hi" :D

Ah, and Lethal Larry. I appaluad you're lack of pants. Pants have long been a contraint in our society and the cog to freedom.

I may not share your taste in fine meats, but do pop in and S&G thread. I've never seen Rylan more humorous! Spontaneity is a good thing.
"Y'all looking for the only truth and it doesn't even exist" - Pops
BathroomKey
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ryalyn on Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:19 pm

Looks at BathroomKey's sig.

You would encourage him in that pantsless thing, wouldn't you? ;)

I'd have to say, however, that I disagree with you. Pants were liberating for women who for years were confined to the folds of skirts. I love pants!

I could offer you a wide variety of skirts if you're interested, though. :)

And are you saying that I'm not funny normally? :-? *pout*

;)
Unicorn bait

A kitty is a young cat and a canoe is made of plastic and I have no idea what you're all laughing at.
Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot

Postby Lethal Larry on Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:04 am

Der K
Whatever.
Lethal Larry
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ryalyn on Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:18 am

Takes away Larry's drink and looks around for his DD.
Unicorn bait

Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot

Postby BathroomKey on Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:40 pm

And are you saying that I'm not funny normally? *pout*

Ry since I first stopped by the pub I'd have to say that was the funniest I've seen you. The concept of you running around with one of those Nurf bats bopping people on head had me laughing :lol: ! Nothin but love for ya Ry 8) . Your funny normally but you went up and above with that post. I'd love to see Kinko draw that scenario :lol:

Nope, I have that Friday all planned out already and a skirt just...eh, it's not what the day is about. It
"Y'all looking for the only truth and it doesn't even exist" - Pops
BathroomKey
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Lethal Larry on Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:40 pm

Sometimes I go out in public with no pants on.... but that's only on those occasions when I want to get arrested.
Whatever.
Lethal Larry
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Elfbiter on Mon May 02, 2005 3:47 am

*Knocks on the door. Replaces the hinge he accidentally disjointed'

Excuse me? Sorry for the hole in the ceiling, that's just my head banging against it...

I don't suppose you have anything like Pyynikin Helmi? No? I thought so. Well, would you by any change have a 1.5 liter bottles of root beer? I'll take two. 8)

Anyone for black sausages, Tampere style? My treat.

*Sits on the floor since all the chairs look too flimsy*
---
Living is easy with eyes closed.
Elfbiter
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ryalyn on Mon May 02, 2005 7:00 pm

Cautiously approaches the gentleman. She's been watching for a little while, trying to decide if he's dangerous. I mean, his name sounds slightly scary. And he's bigger than her. Lots.

Slowly, she walks up to him, wings poised for flight, and offers him a snickerdoodle cookie.

Hi! Do you really bite elves?
Unicorn bait

Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot

Postby Elfbiter on Mon May 02, 2005 10:06 pm

Ryalyn wrote:Hi! Do you really bite elves?

Looks down and smiles

Only the tall, pushy ones, especially when they try to cut me up. Pixies or sprites (or Preservers or Flower Aldryami, what have you) are all right with me. Unfortunately I have no hair you could sit in 8)

Takes the cookie, sighs and pulls a notepad to check it is not connected any of his allergies. Hesitates with the sausages and opts for offering a pint of sima instead. Carefully shifts his size 15 shoes in order not to stomp anyone.

Carefully with the brew; it is low-alcoholic but the size matters in intoxication.
---
Elfbiter
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ryalyn on Tue May 03, 2005 7:12 pm

Takes a small glass of the sima, then pulls out her receipe box and flips through it. Pulling out a card, she reads: Snickerdoole cookies. Sugar, flour, margarine, shortening, cream of tartar, eggs, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. All safe?

She quickly scoots out of the way as Elfbiter shifts his weight around slighly.

You know, we might need your help over in the S&G thread . . . . ;)
Unicorn bait

Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot

Postby Elfbiter on Tue May 03, 2005 10:14 pm

Ryalyn wrote:Takes a small glass of the sima, then pulls out her receipe box and flips through it. Pulling out a card, she reads: Snickerdoole cookies. Sugar, flour, margarine, shortening, cream of tartar, eggs, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. All safe?

Good: I can eat those without trouble (If you would offer me an omelette, though, I would not be any fun for the following hour...) I also tried to avoid any aftertaste of yeast in sima...

Ryalyn wrote:She quickly scoots out of the way as Elfbiter shifts his weight around slighly.

Lady pixies can always sit on my shoulder. Just don't pull the beard.

Ryalyn wrote:You know, we might need your help over in the S&G thread . . . . ;)

Shift and giggles? In what capacity? Stomping some bad guys or looking like a bad guy 8) (In my last LARP I played a mafia boss...)
---
Elfbiter
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Kestralyn on Wed May 04, 2005 12:23 pm

Elfbiter wrote:Shift and giggles? In what capacity? Stomping some bad guys or looking like a bad guy 8) (In my last LARP I played a mafia boss...)

Not sure what we're up against... (*cue reverb* only Kinako knows... */cue reverb*) but you may find yourself in the mix soon. If you haven't taken a look at the S&G thread, I highly recommend it!

And welcome to the party ;-)
"Wherever a dancer stands ready, there is a holy place" - Martha Graham
"and where she walks, there are sequins" - any Raqs Sharqi dancer
Kestralyn
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Elfbiter on Thu May 05, 2005 11:05 pm

Kestralyn wrote:And welcome to the party ;-)

Much obliged and everything else appropriate.

Ponders whether it would be appropriate to offer smoked herring or kalakukko now and decides against it.
---
Elfbiter
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ryalyn on Tue May 17, 2005 7:41 am

Y'all need to get out of my head so much. ;) Two nights ago I had a dream where a whole bunch of you were at a concert with me and it was very odd. I can't remember much of it now, but it was kinda funky waking up thinking, "But I've never seen her picture! Is that what she looks like?"

Anyway. Just thought I'd say that.
Unicorn bait

Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot

Postby Elfbiter on Tue May 17, 2005 9:39 pm

What were you singing 8)
---
Elfbiter
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ryalyn on Thu May 19, 2005 8:03 am

I wasn't singing. In fact, I think there was a lot of confusion about the show going on. Everybody was up and walking around and talking and shouting. But, it's more and more fuzzy the further away we get from that morning, so it's all a little hazy now.

I should have written it down. :roll: :)

Am I the only one who dreams about people they've only met online?
Unicorn bait

Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot

Postby azalea2 on Thu May 19, 2005 8:23 am

no
You don't know me.
azalea2
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ryalyn on Thu May 19, 2005 7:34 pm

And apparently that's all she going to say about it. Eh? :)
Unicorn bait

Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot

Postby kinako mochi on Thu May 19, 2005 10:22 pm

Yes? :D:D:D

--

Dreams are strange animals with me. I need to pay better attention to them, but it just feels so silly at the time to record some of the fluff I dream. ;)
Then light
kinako mochi
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby azalea2 on Fri May 20, 2005 8:27 am

Heh. I can give some details, depending on what i can dig out and what i would care to share.

This involved people from a different (large) forum. It started out as an awareness parade which i was watching. There was a section or representatives of the forum who were marching, and i got all excited and wondered if i would recognize anyone. I stood up on my tiptoes, said "Oh wow, it's P.! I love her!", ran out from the crowd, and marched beside her. (Note that this was a person who i had never interacted with on the forum in real like, and who i had no idea what she looked like in real life.) We talked, and she introduced me to several other people (who i had interacted with in the forums in real life, but not in the dream), and a group of around 7 of us ended up at a house, sitting on around a sofa, and talking. I talked to P. for quite a while, and she had many fascinating, strange, and insightful things to say.

The next day, i sent P. a PM, describing what she looked like and what she said (the dream was vivid, and I was wondering if there was any resemblance to reality). She said that she was quite flattered by my description of the dream-her, and that she wished she looked like that, but she didn't.

Right now, i'm forgetting most of my dreams fairly rapidly upon wakening, which is okay with me. It's confusing to remember vivid dream-bits at random points during the day, and have to work out if they are reality or not.
You don't know me.
azalea2
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ryalyn on Mon May 23, 2005 5:58 am

Cool beans!
Unicorn bait

Ryalyn
Keenspot Despot

Previous

Return to The Wapsi Pub