Good Grief...

Eat the Roses : Tender petals never tasted so good!
<br>
Vigilante Ho! : It's not just a double entendre!

Moderators: John T, Speaker Wiggin, NotoriousMEQ

Good Grief...

Postby Recurve on Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:06 am

I really don't read online comics, but I just happened to stumble over here earlier this evening and found myself riveted to my web-browser reading back-issues of ETR and VH.

Meg, you're a good artist when you don't try, and an amazing artist (particularly at shading) when you do. Even the writing on ETR is surprisingly, impressively solid (although women always write kind of unnaturally cutesy, idealized dialogue for men, and I'm sure some reverse pitfall applies to men :lol: but in your case I would attribute it mostly to youth).

Anyway, if you had any ambitions of being a professional comic artist (assuming you aren't already), it seems well within your exquisitely-shading grasp. Whenever he gets to see you amid all your manic artistry, I'm sure your husband counts himself a very lucky man. Bravo to you and your work!

Edit: Oops typo-ed your name. It was late!
Last edited by Recurve on Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Recurve
Junior Keenspotter

Postby NotoriousMEQ on Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:54 pm

Wow. Seriously, that's about the best complement I've ever gotten. Especially since you don't spare me my rough patches.

Sometimes I really do think I've got what it takes to make some money out of creating comics, and it's stuff like this that makes me really want to try harder to get there.

(as for my husband, this is why we have TWO hockey video games for him to play! Gives me plenty of time to get comics done!)

-Meaghan
NotoriousMEQ
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Fyrclaw on Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:51 pm

I must agree full heartedly with pervious comments. I got a forum accouunt just to say your artistry kicks serious bupcus. I agree that the shading is great, but I really like your style as well, especially on the horses. Many web comics can do people well, but I have yet to see many that do animals that good. And being a horse person I am extreamly picky :-)

Good job!
The wave machine is gone.... life is pointless without the wave machine...
Fyrclaw
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Mravac Kid on Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:18 pm

I've been in the forums long before I ever knew the comic existed, but I can't resist an organised buttering up of the artist. ;)

Indeed, great work. Definitely one of the best drawn comics out there.
I'm limited to Vigilante Ho, so I don't know about the storytelling, but it's looking very good so far.
Ride the Wild Wind - push the envelope, don't sit on the fence
Ride the Wild Wind - live life on the razor's edge
For reasons unknown, I have a LiveJournal - now featuring the Webcomic Pimping Series!
Mravac Kid
Keenspot Despot

Postby NotoriousMEQ on Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:40 pm

OK, you guys are the BEST. :D

I'll have to post two pages this week in response. (yes, I know I missed last week, so it'll be even, but still!)

-Meaghan
NotoriousMEQ
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby NotoriousMEQ on Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:42 pm

P.S. Horse people RULE! The main reason this comic exists is because I wanted to draw some horses. =D

Fyrclaw wrote:And being a horse person I am extreamly picky :-)

NotoriousMEQ
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby John T on Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:15 pm

NotoriousMEQ wrote:P.S. Horse people RULE! The main reason this comic exists is because I wanted to draw some horses. =D

She ain't lyin'. We decided to create a western for a reason.
John S. Troutman
Delusionary State - Where Fiction Becomes Fact
John T
Keenspot Despot

Return to Eat the Roses / Vigilante Ho!