Recommended Voice Actor/Actresses?

A group of weekly cartoon shows on the internet backed by an internet company? It's like the dotcom boom all over again! Party like it's 1999 and share your love for KeenTOONS.com here.

Moderators: Chris Crosby, Matt Wilson

Recommended Voice Actor/Actresses?

Postby Kisai on Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:47 pm

I think this forum, has been dead for half a month already. So no harm in asking a question I say.

Who would you recommend, that is within affordability (eg, free or will do it for cheap presents) for voices?

I'm kinda looking for a who and why or why not list, how reliable they are if you've worked with them, how good you think they are regardless of you working with them or not.

One common trend I see (on newgrounds, and keentoons), is that there is so little variety in voices when the majority of the voices are done by one person. Anyone "sick of hearing" anyone? Or the opposite, someone they wish they would hear more often?

I'm working on something, but I keep changing my mind on what I want to "finish" , but I don't want to use my own voice for all/any of it.
"The Guide" for ComicGenesis comics
Comic Genesis , free webcomic hosting.
*tag* you're IT!
Kisai
Cliche Catgirl Admin

Postby Wonchop on Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:42 am

Kagome seems to be the usual choice for girls, though I've forgotten what her current site is.
I usually use my friend SonicRocksMySocks, but she's having computer problems and is stuck on a Mac (ew)
As for male VAs, Nick Tiner is usual the choice as far as KT is concerned.
There's also Egoraptor, but he's charging for his services now, since he's been in that Marvel Ultimate Alliance game.
I directed Kangaroo Jacque to Scotland
Wonchop
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Nukiad on Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:18 pm

Wonchop wrote:Kagome seems to be the usual choice for girls, though I've forgotten what her current site is.

http://voiceacting.proboards62.com
Nukiad
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Kisai on Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:50 am

Wonchop wrote:Kagome seems to be the usual choice for girls, though I've forgotten what her current site is.

The latest thing she's in http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/357966 was pretty good, but I think she did Bonus Stage Elly the best so far. She needs to put a list of the newgrounds stuff on her site, I know she wants to dub anime, and her voice variety seems tuned to the variety of voices that you should hear in anime. Most of the stuff she has been in, her voice quality is better than everyone elses... gee why is that?

Wonchop wrote:I usually use my friend SonicRocksMySocks, but she's having computer problems and is stuck on a Mac (ew)

Her voice is fairly good, just needs to watch the brooklyn/new-yorkie accent. She's "stuck" on a mac, or "Stuck on a Mac" ? I actually bought a MacMini (originally to do the flash stuff on, then discovered adobe hasn't release Universal Binaries X_x, so I'm still using my PC with a second monitor to do that.) The same fix works on macs that works on PC's, reformat.

Wonchop wrote:As for male VAs, Nick Tiner is usual the choice as far as KT is concerned.

Again I only recall where he did parts in Bonus Stage.

Wonchop wrote:There's also Egoraptor, but he's charging for his services now, since he's been in that Marvel Ultimate Alliance game.

Hmm he doesn't ring a bell to me.

I listened to Kagome's interview on VAC and she actually sounds like she needs to prioritize things better. 100 lines, and then the person who asked for it changes their mind? X_x how horrible. She should, point blank, setup a comissions for voice acting, With "free" being 10 lines at a time, and $$ for anything longer (queue jumping), and I'd suggest others that are overwhelmed with free voice acting to do something like that. That's what artists (as in the drawing kind) get away with.

I also find that Audio is given very low priority in flash, There's a lot of "empty" where if it were a real environment, there should at least be an echo or footsteps.
"The Guide" for ComicGenesis comics
Comic Genesis , free webcomic hosting.
*tag* you're IT!
Kisai
Cliche Catgirl Admin

Return to KeenTOONS Central