Best Series on the Net.

A group of weekly cartoon shows on the internet backed by an internet company? It's like the dotcom boom all over again! Party like it's 1999 and share your love for KeenTOONS.com here.

Moderators: Chris Crosby, Matt Wilson

Best Series on the Net.

Postby jameso on Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:39 pm

Hmm. I was just wondering, whats a good list of the best webtoons on the internet? I always thought it'd be a good idea, to sort of collect them all up into one list. Like a TV guide!

Short or long, the series length doesnt exactly matter. Just whats the best the web has to offer. And if you could provide links too, it would be nice.

Obviously the KeenTOONS would be included in the list.

I dont really know of too many outside of the Keentoons.
Except Geoweasal, and Hyperboy. But I'm pretty sure both of the creators are members here too. I dont know, I've never been to the KeenTOONS forum before.

Also, as a fellow animator, I am starting my own mini-series. Its sort of "Tom & Jerry meets Full Metal Alchemist, but has an affair with Castlevania on the side."

Just thought I'd throw that out there.
jameso
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Scythemantis on Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:17 pm

Well, there's David Firth's hilarious burnt-face-man and Salad Fingers, but I wouldn't call them "series" since they just come out whenever he feels like it...which is probably how my own series will be operating.
Scythemantis
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Chrono on Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:01 pm

"Homestar Runner" is probably the most popular on the web. You might have mixed feelings about it though.
Chrono
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby jameso on Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:16 pm

I looked at Salad fingers... Creeps me the hell out. Ugh... That voice of his...

Homestar was good. I liked what I have seen of it, but I dont check it for updates ever. I dont know... Just something about it, it doesnt keep my interest like Evil Josh and BIlly, or High Score did. But those are dead now. So I guess home star has something going for it. Its still going, right? Its like the Simpsons of Online Toons.

Happy Tree Friends is another good one. I just remembered that one.
jameso
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Scythemantis on Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:23 am

Every week is a new Strong Bad E-mail cartoon on Homestarrunner. Others come out once in a blue moon.

I didn't know Evil Josh and Billy was "dead". Really?

Good webseries are pretty damn rare. Weebl and Bob is popular and semi-funny, but it's a love-it-or-hate-it thing.

You should definately try Burnt Face Man from Salad Finger's creator. It has some uproariously funny moments. Salad Fingers is his horror/weirdness toon and Burnt Face Man his pure comedy toon.
Scythemantis
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Best Series on the Net.

Postby honks on Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:21 pm

jameso wrote:Hmm. I was just wondering, whats a good list of the best webtoons on the internet? I always thought it'd be a good idea, to sort of collect them all up into one list. Like a TV guide!

Short or long, the series length doesnt exactly matter. Just whats the best the web has to offer. And if you could provide links too, it would be nice.

Obviously the KeenTOONS would be included in the list.

I dont really know of too many outside of the Keentoons.
Except Geoweasal, and Hyperboy. But I'm pretty sure both of the creators are members here too. I dont know, I've never been to the KeenTOONS forum before.

Also, as a fellow animator, I am starting my own mini-series. Its sort of "Tom & Jerry meets Full Metal Alchemist, but has an affair with Castlevania on the side."

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Well, I'm honored that Hyperboy is included in that list. Thanks!
honks
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Tyler C. Hendrix on Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:20 pm

If I'm not mistaken, CHF is making a list of Flash cartoons on Wikipedia. I haven't taken the time to check it out, but you others might be interested.
Look. I have no long-ass signature with stupid quotes and useless links.
Tyler C. Hendrix
Junior Keenspotter

Return to KeenTOONS Central