The Hideous Horror Show (finished silent aimation)

A group of weekly cartoon shows on the internet backed by an internet company? It's like the dotcom boom all over again! Party like it's 1999 and share your love for KeenTOONS.com here.

Moderators: Chris Crosby, Matt Wilson

The Hideous Horror Show (finished silent aimation)

Postby Scythemantis on Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:19 pm

While working on my more elaborate "Fear Hole" comedy, I've been fiddling with a simpler and more serious miniseries, the Hideous Horror Show. With a cast of nameless, colorless and mute "victims" the stories will be absolutely nothing but an excuse to play with my awful ideas for horrific situations.

Here is my first attempt at an episode, sans sound. It is about some ANTS. The intent is to have a constant musical score but I don't have a musician handy anymore so there's no telling when this might be finished.

I tried to give it a pace just slow enough to build the scenes but without grating on the nerves, I'd like to know what shots could stand to be longer/shorter.

It's already been suggested to me that I just add sound effects and forget the music idea.....thoughts?
Scythemantis
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Propellerhead on Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:30 am

It would be better with music, piano, drums and some strings, you should find a musician, it looks interesting...
Propellerhead
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Biosin on Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:25 am

I'm going to throw away my old, "You're an asshole" Persona to compliment you throughly. That was awesome. Good, clean animation, nice character models, very interesting concept, and most of all, I actually thoght to myself "I don't want to see this." On the third bathroom scene where he untimately collapses, and dies. Interesting concept, and he looks like he's covered in tits. Win-win!

But seriously, keep at it. Add some sounds, an it will be awesome.
The Hat Man wrote:hey, which episode was it where Joel was all "a black person in bonus stage?"

For shame Hat Man.
Biosin
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Scythemantis on Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:11 pm

Thanks! I'm glad people I've shown it to also generally have a good idea what's going on, I've had trouble conveying situations without dialogue in the past. I'm also satisfied that two formicaphobes I know were unable to get through it.
Scythemantis
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby jameso on Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:42 pm

Woah, this movie synces up perfectly with a song called "A storm in the Desert"

You can find it at ocremix.org

Its an Ocarina of Time song, but its very orchestral and instrumental, its almost unrecognizable as a Zelda song. But yeah, it syncs up perfectly with the scenes in this short.
jameso
Junior Keenspotter

Return to KeenTOONS Central