Dirk Stardust

A group of weekly cartoon shows on the internet backed by an internet company? It's like the dotcom boom all over again! Party like it's 1999 and share your love for KeenTOONS.com here.

Moderators: Chris Crosby, Matt Wilson

Dirk Stardust

Postby alterego on Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:48 pm

I've been toying around with this idea for a while now. It's a cartoon about a young man named Dirk Stardust, who is basically a reckless moron. Seeking adventure, he signs up for an expedition to the bottom of the ocean to find the greatest treasure in the history of forever, the long lost fortune of Tortilla Johnson.

The leader of the expedition is Dr. Jeebin Wadsworth Longfellow III, AKA, "Doc." Doc is a brilliant mad scientist, but suffers from all the weaknesses of being old, like falling asleep at inappopriate times and forgetting characters' names.

Doc's robotic companion, George, is a fully-functional robot built entirely from obsolete computer parts. His head is a 14" monitor with a pixellated display of his corresponding facial features. George is cynical, easily annoyed, and has no regard for the feelings of others whatsoever.

Together, these characters will voyage to the bottom of the ocean to find this lost treasure, but on the way they will end up in several strange and hilarious situations.

Tell me what you think. Be brutal. I'm thinking about changing the main characters name because it leads the viewers to believe the cartoon is about space. To be honest, it was originally going to be a space cartoon, but I wanted to try something more original, and as you can see, there are already plenty of space cartoons out there.
alterego
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Scythemantis on Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:55 pm

I actually like that he's on an undersea adventure with a name like Stardust.

How "wacky" would this get, though? If they're always underwater, there's a lot of obvious limitations for stories unless you get into a little bit of everything. Undersea civilizations, monsters, rival submarine crews, whatever.
Scythemantis
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to KeenTOONS Central