Now HERE'S something to check out...

A group of weekly cartoon shows on the internet backed by an internet company? It's like the dotcom boom all over again! Party like it's 1999 and share your love for KeenTOONS.com here.

Moderators: Chris Crosby, Matt Wilson

Now HERE'S something to check out...

Postby Lightning Rod of Hate on Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:19 pm

http://www.deviantart.com/view/34361631/

As soon as I got done watching it,I said "Man,that's deep :o ".Certainly some talent here...
THERE WAS A HOLE HERE BEFORE.IT'S GONE NOW. (Silent Hill 2-try wrapping your brain around THAT!) http://gamafort.deviantart.com/
User avatar
Lightning Rod of Hate
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 11:10 pm
Location: MORTAL DANGER

Postby Propellerhead on Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:22 pm

Wow, that guy is talented, that animation was awesomical, it left me thinking for a while, it was pretty deep and it still had a clear understandable story.

10/10
User avatar
Propellerhead
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:54 am
Location: Octopus mode!

Postby Lightning Rod of Hate on Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:24 pm

Yeah,he's working together with THIS guy on an upcoming flash series, "Star Vista":

http://www.deviantart.com/view/22718958/
THERE WAS A HOLE HERE BEFORE.IT'S GONE NOW. (Silent Hill 2-try wrapping your brain around THAT!) http://gamafort.deviantart.com/
User avatar
Lightning Rod of Hate
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 11:10 pm
Location: MORTAL DANGER

Postby Sir Lemming on Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:04 pm

The drawings definitely looked great. I don't think there was a whole lot of really impressive animation.

Overall it looked cool, but I didn't get it or particularly... enjoy it. The repetition was annoying too. And no, I don't think I need to watch more European animation...
Imagehttp://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/265596
I think it's that "ignorance is bliss" part, until the bliss leaves and then you just feel stupid. --Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age)
User avatar
Sir Lemming
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 892
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:46 pm
Location: Grantham, PA/Long Island, NY

Postby Propellerhead on Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:20 am

Lightning Rod of Hate wrote:Yeah,he's working together with THIS guy on an upcoming flash series, "Star Vista":

http://www.deviantart.com/view/22718958/


The animation was pretty friggin' cool... too bad the music sucked my arse off, MIDI!? Puh-leeeze, what person with at least one half of his brain uses MIDI music in Flash animations!? People! Hello!! We have programs like Propellerhead Reason to make realistic digital music! Take two hours of your time and you will have a song with a full orchester, chorus and rock guitars that will actually sound professional.
User avatar
Propellerhead
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:54 am
Location: Octopus mode!

Postby Sir Lemming on Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:32 pm

Propellerhead wrote:
Lightning Rod of Hate wrote:Yeah,he's working together with THIS guy on an upcoming flash series, "Star Vista":

http://www.deviantart.com/view/22718958/


The animation was pretty friggin' cool... too bad the music sucked my arse off, MIDI!? Puh-leeeze, what person with at least one half of his brain uses MIDI music in Flash animations!? People! Hello!! We have programs like Propellerhead Reason to make realistic digital music! Take two hours of your time and you will have a song with a full orchester, chorus and rock guitars that will actually sound professional.

I wasn't aware that having half a brain blesses you with hundreds of dollars to spend on music software for your low-budget Flash toon.
Imagehttp://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/265596
I think it's that "ignorance is bliss" part, until the bliss leaves and then you just feel stupid. --Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age)
User avatar
Sir Lemming
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 892
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:46 pm
Location: Grantham, PA/Long Island, NY

Postby Kisai on Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:33 pm

Sir Lemming wrote:
Propellerhead wrote:
Lightning Rod of Hate wrote:Yeah,he's working together with THIS guy on an upcoming flash series, "Star Vista":

http://www.deviantart.com/view/22718958/


The animation was pretty friggin' cool... too bad the music sucked my arse off, MIDI!? Puh-leeeze, what person with at least one half of his brain uses MIDI music in Flash animations!? People! Hello!! We have programs like Propellerhead Reason to make realistic digital music! Take two hours of your time and you will have a song with a full orchester, chorus and rock guitars that will actually sound professional.

I wasn't aware that having half a brain blesses you with hundreds of dollars to spend on music software for your low-budget Flash toon.


There is GPL/public domain stuff out there, however as SirLemming stated, most of the software out there costs a few hundred dollars, something that the average person who makes a flash cartoon doesn't have.

FruityLoops (FL Studio) can be downloaded as a demo and something whipped up in a bit, but because it's a demo, you can't save the original project, so it's only really good for one shot type stuff.

Also not everyone is music talented. I can read sheet music and I can play a few sequences on a piano, but I don't have a midi keyboard to hook up to software to produce a "professional piece",

You can also go into modarchive.com and snag something from there, I'm sure any of the thousands of artists on there would love for someone to use their music in something. (if you can't figure out how to convert one of those files in to mp3, where have you been for the last 10 years?)

Still the flash itself was pretty good despite some quiet audio.
"The Guide" for ComicGenesis comics
Comic Genesis , free webcomic hosting.
*tag* you're IT!
User avatar
Kisai
Cliche Catgirl Admin
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Postby Lightning Rod of Hate on Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:31 am

Propellerhead wrote:
Lightning Rod of Hate wrote:Yeah,he's working together with THIS guy on an upcoming flash series, "Star Vista":

http://www.deviantart.com/view/22718958/


The animation was pretty friggin' cool... too bad the music sucked my arse off, MIDI!? Puh-leeeze, what person with at least one half of his brain uses MIDI music in Flash animations!? People! Hello!! We have programs like Propellerhead Reason to make realistic digital music! Take two hours of your time and you will have a song with a full orchester, chorus and rock guitars that will actually sound professional.


If it changes anything,he himself isn't too proud of the music and says it'll be replaced with something much better later on...
THERE WAS A HOLE HERE BEFORE.IT'S GONE NOW. (Silent Hill 2-try wrapping your brain around THAT!) http://gamafort.deviantart.com/
User avatar
Lightning Rod of Hate
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 11:10 pm
Location: MORTAL DANGER

Postby Propellerhead on Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:49 am

Lightning Rod of Hate wrote:
Propellerhead wrote:
Lightning Rod of Hate wrote:Yeah,he's working together with THIS guy on an upcoming flash series, "Star Vista":

http://www.deviantart.com/view/22718958/


The animation was pretty friggin' cool... too bad the music sucked my arse off, MIDI!? Puh-leeeze, what person with at least one half of his brain uses MIDI music in Flash animations!? People! Hello!! We have programs like Propellerhead Reason to make realistic digital music! Take two hours of your time and you will have a song with a full orchester, chorus and rock guitars that will actually sound professional.


If it changes anything,he himself isn't too proud of the music and says it'll be replaced with something much better later on...


Now that you say that, I like the MIDI music...
User avatar
Propellerhead
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:54 am
Location: Octopus mode!

Postby Lightning Rod of Hate on Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:41 pm

Propellerhead wrote:
Lightning Rod of Hate wrote:
Propellerhead wrote:
Lightning Rod of Hate wrote:Yeah,he's working together with THIS guy on an upcoming flash series, "Star Vista":

http://www.deviantart.com/view/22718958/


The animation was pretty friggin' cool... too bad the music sucked my arse off, MIDI!? Puh-leeeze, what person with at least one half of his brain uses MIDI music in Flash animations!? People! Hello!! We have programs like Propellerhead Reason to make realistic digital music! Take two hours of your time and you will have a song with a full orchester, chorus and rock guitars that will actually sound professional.


If it changes anything,he himself isn't too proud of the music and says it'll be replaced with something much better later on...


Now that you say that, I like the MIDI music...


...made by SOMEONE ELSE.Don't worry...
THERE WAS A HOLE HERE BEFORE.IT'S GONE NOW. (Silent Hill 2-try wrapping your brain around THAT!) http://gamafort.deviantart.com/
User avatar
Lightning Rod of Hate
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 11:10 pm
Location: MORTAL DANGER

 

Return to KeenTOONS Central

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest