Let's talk about GEOweasel again!

A group of weekly cartoon shows on the internet backed by an internet company? It's like the dotcom boom all over again! Party like it's 1999 and share your love for KeenTOONS.com here.

Moderators: Chris Crosby, Matt Wilson

Postby Nar on Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:30 am

Sir Lemming wrote:Actually, I'm probably using incorrect terminology when I say "lint screen". What I'm referring to is... Dryer machines have these things in them that catch lint, and when it gets too much lint on it, you use this little cloth type of thing to clean the lint off. But it is a hard cloth.
"Lint screen" is probably what you call the thing inside the dryer... I don't know what the cloth itself would be called, exactly.

Yeah, I knew what you meant. I have a whole box of those, so I'll try using them.

Brandon Clark wrote:Or you can just get a headset + cooledit pro. I seriously doubt anyone needs to do high quality caliber recording.

I had a headset mic (doubt it was the same one), but I didn't really like using it, and it broke anyway. I think I used it to record my two earliest flashes on my site before I switched to a regular mic.
Nar
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby The Decapitated Mole on Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:37 am

Brandon Clark wrote:Or you can just get a headset + cooledit pro. I seriously doubt anyone needs to do high quality caliber recording. (Seeing as how many people don't really have a stereo setup but I could be wrong meh) And even if you do there are voice actors you can leech from.

I don't know about that, there. I have a headset and Cooledit Pro, and it hasn't been working out great. Might just be because I yell so much and because of the headset the mic ends up being way to close to my mouth and giving me lots of scratchy sound [Crazy Eric's Krazy Car Factory, The Adventures of Emo Boy, etc], which sounds like shitzle.

o_0
jimm

FreakyFace Entertainment, bringing you semi-quality blocks of time waste since 2003.
The Decapitated Mole
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Sir Lemming on Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:59 am

Yeah, I'm under the impression that a headset mic is generally... not better than a stand-up mic.
Imagehttp://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/265596
I think it's that "ignorance is bliss" part, until the bliss leaves and then you just feel stupid. --Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age)
Sir Lemming
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nar on Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:15 pm

Sir Lemming wrote:Yeah, I'm under the impression that a headset mic is generally... not better than a stand-up mic.

Definitely not for recording for Flash cartoons. They're better for online games and stuff. Well...I don't know that firsthand, I don't play online games but...I read that somewhere.
Nar
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Brandon Clark on Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:07 pm

For some reason somebody wanted me to do voices for this yugioh flash and I did. And the voices came out fine. No static or nothing. I'll post if anyone wants a listen.

But the real reason I said use a headset is because it won't matter how clear your voice sounds if the acting is horrible.

EDIT: Yes I'm aware of the difference between the quality of mics. Sometimes it's just better to leave it to the voice actors.

EDIT 2:

I don't know about that, there. I have a headset and Cooledit Pro, and it hasn't been working out great. Might just be because I yell so much and because of the headset the mic ends up being way to close to my mouth and giving me lots of scratchy sound [Crazy Eric's Krazy Car Factory, The Adventures of Emo Boy, etc], which sounds like shitzle.

Just turn your recording volume down when you record your lines. (Like DOWN, maybe quieter than your System Beep) That's basically all you need to do. And if you get that "roboticness" make sure your room is as quiet as possible when recording and get the noise profile to be a little lower than what your current recording volume is. It should turn out fine after that. And if it doesnt, then I don't know because that's all I do and it works so blegh.
Brandon Clark
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Sir Lemming on Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:23 am

Brandon Clark wrote:But the real reason I said use a headset is because it won't matter how clear your voice sounds if the acting is horrible.

Well yeah, but... I might as well use a better microphone instead of going out and buying... yeah...
Imagehttp://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/265596
I think it's that "ignorance is bliss" part, until the bliss leaves and then you just feel stupid. --Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age)
Sir Lemming
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nar on Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:02 am

Brandon Clark wrote:But the real reason I said use a headset is because it won't matter how clear your voice sounds if the acting is horrible.

That's a very good point. I think a lot of people nowadays overlook the actual quality of the voice acting and look for quality in the voice recording instead. Really, as long as it's understandable and coherent, the recording quality is good. It's the internet. Nobody's going to make something of extremely high quality.
Nar
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby bunji on Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:10 am

Nar wrote:

That's a very good point. I think a lot of people nowadays overlook the actual quality of the voice acting and look for quality in the voice recording instead. Really, as long as it's understandable and coherent, the recording quality is good. It's the internet. Nobody's going to make something of extremely high quality.

That's true. Especially when some people compress the living daylights out of it and their efforts go to waste.
Bleh. I'm bored.
bunji
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby mydearauntsally on Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:03 pm

can someone give me a link or two to where you got these great prices on your tablets (9x12 or 6x8)

o nar you big phony lol
mydearauntsally
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Nar on Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:10 pm

Because I know you all...care, I have moved the site to http://geoweasel.com and new episodes will be on their way shortly.
Nar
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Fat_guy1 on Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:31 pm

Oh Nar, you should stop acting like you're one of those amazing people that nobody knows about.

Oh my Gaylord! When I scroll over the store... button, some type drawing of a female person appears on the screen! A new character perhaps? Miss Caring? ...Nah.
Last edited by Fat_guy1 on Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fat_guy1
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nar on Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:35 pm

Fat_guy1 wrote:Oh Nar, you should stop acting like you're one of those amazing people that nobody knows about.

I'm not. I'm acting like the non-amazing person quite a few people know about.
Nar
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Fat_guy1 on Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:56 pm

...Oh. It was your like-it-or-don't-whatever-you-probably-clicked-a-wrong-link-nobody-knows-about-this-cartoon aditude that lead me to believe that. Then again, there is a fine line between those two things that the common web animator portrays himself/and very rarely herself as.

Also, why is my hilariously common phrase quoted in your sig?
Fat_guy1
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nar on Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:09 pm

Fat_guy1 wrote:...Oh. It was your like-it-or-don't-whatever-you-probably-clicked-a-wrong-link-nobody-knows-about-this-cartoon aditude that lead me to believe that. Then again, there is a fine line between those two things that the common web animator portrays himself/and very rarely herself as.

Also, why is my hilariously common phrase quoted in your sig?

I joke about that kind of attitude. I'm not really self-negative, whether it be concerning my cartoon or anything else. Hah, this is making no sense.
Anyway, I put that in my sig because it just made me crack up when it was actually in the topic and I figure it'd look funny out of context.

Oh, and that one girl mentioned in your other post is a new character who will debut episode 12.
Nar
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby bunji on Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:02 am

I like the new intro, but just promise me one thing: don't change the logo again. It used to be similar to the current one, then it turned into a TV, now this. I'm not saying it's bad, but a logo is a symbol of identity. If you keep on changing your identity, hey, you might end up being Japanese. Or worse. English! Like me.
Bleh. I'm bored.
bunji
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Fat_guy1 on Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:03 pm

Woking, UK? More like... Working you, 'kay? <--- usual Bup joke?
Fat_guy1
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby bunji on Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:13 am

Fat_guy1 wrote:Woking, UK? More like... Working you, 'kay? <--- usual Bup joke?

Yeah, I know. It's a nice place to live, as long as it's not 10pm on a Friday.

AaaaaaaaanewwAAAAAAAAYYy

I saw the new GEOWeasel, Nar. Fan-friggin-tastic. This has been the one cartoon ever that I've actually fell off my chair. And that's hard, considering its cool and happy and has armrests. The whole Nar Beatboxing Thing was just brilliant. Of course, now I instantly have to go leave billions of emails in your inbox to cater to my needs.
Bleh. I'm bored.
bunji
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nar on Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:42 pm

bunji wrote:I saw the new GEOWeasel, Nar. Fan-friggin-tastic. This has been the one cartoon ever that I've actually fell off my chair. And that's hard, considering its cool and happy and has armrests. The whole Nar Beatboxing Thing was just brilliant. Of course, now I instantly have to go leave billions of emails in your inbox to cater to my needs.

Promise not to sue me if you got hurt from falling out of your chair and we'll be cool.
But I have no emails. I'm so lonely :cry:
Nar
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Brandon Clark on Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:01 pm

Nar wrote:But I have no emails. I'm so lonely :cry:

NOT ANYMORE.
Brandon Clark
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nar on Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:36 am

Brandon Clark wrote:
Nar wrote:But I have no emails. I'm so lonely :cry:

NOT ANYMORE.

How dare you plague my inbox with such obscene trash!
Oh...it's just a smiley.
Nar
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby bunji on Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:48 am

Nar wrote:Promise not to sue me if you got hurt from falling out of your chair and we'll be cool.
But I have no emails. I'm so lonely :cry:

Deal! I didn't get hurt since I landed on my koala.

I would have emailed you if I needed anything. But right now, all I need are Oreos. Why are they so damn hard to get where I live?
Bleh. I'm bored.
bunji
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nar on Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:16 pm

Sorry to bump, but if anyone's interested, still checks these forums, or has been wondering what happened, I finally put out a new episode, both on the siteand newgrounds if anyone wants to check them out. Also, the episodes go back to weekly updates, with the exception of next week.
Nar
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby bunji on Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:23 am

New game, new game, new game, new game, new game, new game...

I liked this episode. The animation in the fight scene was well worth the wait, and I liked Dr. Schnoz squidging up against the wall. RoboSpaz was quite funny too. Nar talking oddly after playing the video game creeped me out though. It's not natural, I tells ya'! I hope Jimbob solves his problems with the fridge though.

One problem though. Weas says 'He's your brother and your girlfriend.' Nar isn't a girl, unless it lives up to the promise of sex in the AdultSwim opening. I also feel a bit sorry for you about the X-Box gag. I do fully agree with you, but I can imagine some people on NG aren't going to like you for that.
Bleh. I'm bored.
bunji
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Brandon Clark on Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:15 pm

so how did it feel to me crushed by the wieght of the SS? :(
Brandon Clark
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby TheUnitedStupids on Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:07 pm

Anyone keeping up with this lately? It's been pretty good as of yet, we're into the second episode of Season 2, which started FOR REAL last week. It's turning out pretty good, and it's seriously back to a weekly basis!

Man it's been awhile. It's not .com anymore!

http://www.geoweasel.net

Prepare to beBUDGET EXCEEDED, POST OVER.

EDIT: Join the forums there! We need a bigger community!
Me: Bob Saget? Al Gore? Bill Cosby?
Larissa: No, Brittany.
Me: i was close :s
TheUnitedStupids
Keenspotter Supreme

Previous

Return to KeenTOONS Central