Space Tree is, by far, the cream of KeenToons...

A group of weekly cartoon shows on the internet backed by an internet company? It's like the dotcom boom all over again! Party like it's 1999 and share your love for KeenTOONS.com here.

Moderators: Chris Crosby, Matt Wilson

Postby JasterW on Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:35 pm

The only thing I find weird here is how you're complaining about Matt Wilson ignoring comments about him when Tatsuya Ishida is probably the most notorious Keen person for ignoring his own forum. Maybe that's what he was talking about (though I sort of doubt it).
ARG! - It's an acronym, probably.
User avatar
JasterW
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 519
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Savannah, GA

Postby Dunlavy on Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:01 am

JasterW wrote:The only thing I find weird here is how you're complaining about Matt Wilson ignoring comments about him when Tatsuya Ishida is probably the most notorious Keen person for ignoring his own forum. Maybe that's what he was talking about (though I sort of doubt it).

I don't post at the Sinfest forums. They're busy, but busy in the sense that every thread is laced with SPAM and naked pictures of the forum's local populace. I'm not kidding. So, I don't know how often (or not) Mr. Ishida posts, but I can kinda see why he'd refrain from participation in most of the threads there.

Actually, I think almost every artist ignores their own forum as to create a sense of mystique and elusiveness for their online persona.
User avatar
Dunlavy
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2002 3:08 am

Postby bunji on Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:46 am

Walky seems pretty active in the short time that I've been a fan of his comic. Maybe he's just not very mystical.
Bleh. I'm bored.
User avatar
bunji
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:31 am
Location: Woking, UK

Postby The Decapitated Mole on Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:57 am

I was making a point. You were just as whipped by what we said as Matt was by your scathing comments earlier.

Also, the reason Matt doesn't respond to shit like this anymore is because he's had to deal with it countless times before and I'd have to assume that he's sick of it.

And one more thing - Just how many presidential panels have you served on, oh great one?

o_0
jimm
Image

FreakyFace Entertainment, bringing you semi-quality blocks of time waste since 2003.
The Decapitated Mole
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:46 am
Location: If I say New Jersey, can I have a KeenTOON too?

Postby Sir Lemming on Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:44 am

The Decapitated Mole wrote:Also, the reason Matt doesn't respond to shit like this anymore is because he's had to deal with it countless times before and I'd have to assume that he's sick of it.

That link doesn't prove much unless you spend a LOT of time looking through it.
Imagehttp://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/265596
I think it's that "ignorance is bliss" part, until the bliss leaves and then you just feel stupid. --Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age)
User avatar
Sir Lemming
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 892
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:46 pm
Location: Grantham, PA/Long Island, NY

Postby JasterW on Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:00 am

Dunlavy wrote:I don't post at the Sinfest forums. They're busy, but busy in the sense that every thread is laced with SPAM and naked pictures of the forum's local populace. I'm not kidding.


Oh, I'm well aware of that. I briefly tried to hang out in the Sinfest forums a while back at the request of a good friend, and have to say I didn't find it the most inviting place on the internet. And I've heard of way too many artists just being "sick and tired" of dealing with their fans, and maybe they are, but it still all seems like just a big awful excuse.
ARG! - It's an acronym, probably.
User avatar
JasterW
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 519
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Savannah, GA

Postby Nar on Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:15 pm

Dunlavy wrote:Actually, I think almost every artist ignores their own forum as to create a sense of mystique and elusiveness for their online persona.

Maybe. But then you get fans who attempt to guess at everything the artist is doing when they don't update or something like that, such as the people here with Matt Wilson. I'm too lazy to find an actual example.
User avatar
Nar
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:44 am
Location: New Jersey

Postby bunnyThor on Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:18 pm

Dunlavy wrote: They're busy, but busy in the sense that every thread is laced with SPAM and naked pictures of the forum's local populace. I'm not kidding.


One dead thread with (mostly) busted image links is the same as every thread laced with naked pictures for you? Interesting sense of proportion ya gots there, Sunny Jim. :o
User avatar
bunnyThor
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 7003
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Amidst the mists and fiercest frosts...

Postby The Decapitated Mole on Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:29 pm

Sir Lemming wrote:
The Decapitated Mole wrote:Also, the reason Matt doesn't respond to shit like this anymore is because he's had to deal with it countless times before and I'd have to assume that he's sick of it.

That link doesn't prove much unless you spend a LOT of time looking through it.


I know. I started looking through it to find specific examples, but then I realized how long it would take and how unnecessary it would be. The way I see it is - if anyone cares enough about this stupid little discussion to actually look that far into it, they can do it themselves.

o_0
jimm
Image

FreakyFace Entertainment, bringing you semi-quality blocks of time waste since 2003.
The Decapitated Mole
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:46 am
Location: If I say New Jersey, can I have a KeenTOON too?

Postby Dunlavy on Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:20 pm

bunnyThor wrote:
Dunlavy wrote: They're busy, but busy in the sense that every thread is laced with SPAM and naked pictures of the forum's local populace. I'm not kidding.


One dead thread with (mostly) busted image links is the same as every thread laced with naked pictures for you? Interesting sense of proportion ya gots there, Sunny Jim. :o

What are you talking about?
User avatar
Dunlavy
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2002 3:08 am

Postby bunji on Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:07 am

I think he was probably replying to the comment that you made of the forum was filled with porn.
Bleh. I'm bored.
User avatar
bunji
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:31 am
Location: Woking, UK

Postby Fett on Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:25 am

I was wondering why this thread was so long, so I looked, and it turns out it's because people were being retarded in it. Way to go, guys.

This time I mean it too.
User avatar
Fett
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:59 am

Postby Dunlavy on Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:39 am

Fett wrote:I was wondering why this thread was so long, so I looked, and it turns out it's because people were being retarded in it. Way to go, guys.

This time I mean it too.

Well, at least your contribution was the pinnacle of it all, eh?
User avatar
Dunlavy
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2002 3:08 am

Postby Piratezim on Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:23 am

i could have sworn i posted in this thread already.

anyways lundavey, i pity you because you feel the need to agitate the bonus stage fans by saying that their show is inferior. Trolling is my job dammit.

Bonus Stage has much better pacing than Space Tree, and i'd even say better comedic timing.

and Space Tree's tertiary characters have horrible voices. Its the truth. I think matt's voicework is all around better.
User avatar
Piratezim
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:02 pm
Location: hell if i know

Postby MetalS on Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:36 am

Space Tree is awesome o_o. It's the only KeenSpace 'toon I've seen before, except for that BS episode with Space Tree in it. BS didn't leave that big of an impression, but it was by no means bad.

But anyway, Space Tree rocks my socks o_o I especially love Space Tree's voice, it's good stuff. The other vocies are weird, but aww Space Tree <3.
"SIAM, 2015 A.D. The city lies in ruins after the ninth nuclear world war. It is a grim future, with lots of explosions, and partial nudity. A future where an oppresive new king has seized power. Only one man can stop it, no one machine." ~ Peter Griffin
User avatar
MetalS
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:31 am
Location: Michigan

Postby Dunlavy on Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:19 pm

Sweet mother of Moses, this thread put my name in Google.

I feel sad.
User avatar
Dunlavy
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2002 3:08 am

Postby Biosin on Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:01 am

Lol, space.
Image
The Hat Man wrote:hey, which episode was it where Joel was all "a black person in bonus stage?"

For shame Hat Man.
Biosin
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:58 am

Postby qwerts on Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:26 am

<3
Currently being Mean to YOU.
User avatar
qwerts
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:16 am

 
Previous

Return to KeenTOONS Central

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest