The Evolution Gun

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Postby Jstone on Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:56 pm

Then what good is it as a bullet?
Testimonials:
hammerqueen wrote:I am both impressed and mildly concerned.
BumRussianElvis wrote:Note to self: Don't sing around Jstone when he is armed with impromptu projectiles.
In response to me being called moderator material, pixelhead777 wrote:Not Jstone. NOT Jstone.
Jstone
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Ankhareon on Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:04 am

that is the question - it wouldn't reflect light so it'd be invisible, incorporal and essentially useless

I suppose one could shoot God with it or something, he's invisible and incorporal too
[Bannerless bunny - I can make my own graphics]
The Forum Wars | My deviantArt
Ankhareon
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby A Fan on Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:50 am

If it passes through all matter, how do you keep it loaded? It will fall out of the gun and its own cartridge, and keep falling until it hit the center of the Earth, though it would be compressed to sand grain size before that point.
For information on this and other subjects, consult your local ninja.
Best EGS Video. Ever.
Remember: You can't spell combustion without two O's
I had to remove my personality test graph from my sig. You can still see it by clicking these sentences.
If you encounter a strange symbol in my posts, it's from a glitch in my keyboard. I can't see them, so just ignore them. Fnord.
A Fan
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Reaver225 on Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:12 pm

Aha, that's why it only applies WHEN it's fired, and it probably applies to gravity as well, since that's a form of interaction. Mind you, at the precise moment you pull the trigger it'll stop being affected by gravity and continue in a straight line, no longer being relative to the Earth's gravitational pull, floating forever in the void of space.

It's the most awesome blank ever.
| Mental note: Refrain from using the Force while drunk. | Caption contest winner! | "Screw it. Rocks fall, everyone dies." |
I shall delete you, recreate thyself. - Mutamu
"All citizens to either go to the graveyard and dig up corpses or become corpses for not complying." - hazardswake
Maldraugedhen wrote:That would only be if stupidity was a Boolean thing, or if it was like always multiplying a pair of negative numbers (assuming positive is intelligent).
Stupidity has its own infinite continuum, from bordering on the brain dead to just shy of normal.
...I need to not delurk right after a long coding session.
Reaver225
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jstone on Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:26 pm

Reaver225 wrote:Aha, that's why it only applies WHEN it's fired, and it probably applies to gravity as well, since that's a form of interaction. Mind you, at the precise moment you pull the trigger it'll stop being affected by gravity and continue in a straight line, no longer being relative to the Earth's gravitational pull, floating forever in the void of space.

It's the most awesome blank ever.

It's cooler to make it hop into higher dimensions/other universes. That way you can cause total mayhem for any residents of said dimensions/universes.
Testimonials:
BumRussianElvis wrote:Note to self: Don't sing around Jstone when he is armed with impromptu projectiles.
In response to me being called moderator material, pixelhead777 wrote:Not Jstone. NOT Jstone.
Jstone
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Reaver225 on Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:59 pm

Nah, actually hitting and possibly damaging things in other dimensions makes it a really bad blank and completely defeats the purpose. :wink:

Admittedly, that's assuming you WANT it to be a blank... I mean, the idea was for bullets that fail to hit anything, ever XD
| Mental note: Refrain from using the Force while drunk. | Caption contest winner! | "Screw it. Rocks fall, everyone dies." |
I shall delete you, recreate thyself. - Mutamu
"All citizens to either go to the graveyard and dig up corpses or become corpses for not complying." - hazardswake
Maldraugedhen wrote:That would only be if stupidity was a Boolean thing, or if it was like always multiplying a pair of negative numbers (assuming positive is intelligent).
Stupidity has its own infinite continuum, from bordering on the brain dead to just shy of normal.
...I need to not delurk right after a long coding session.
Reaver225
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jstone on Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:19 am

Reaver225 wrote:Nah, actually hitting and possibly damaging things in other dimensions makes it a really bad blank and completely defeats the purpose. :wink:

Admittedly, that's assuming you WANT it to be a blank... I mean, the idea was for bullets that fail to hit anything, ever XD

You know, as long as it loses enough muzzle energy in the process, it would just be really annoying to anything in said higher dimensions/other universes (imagine if little bits of lead kept popping out of nowhere around you, but they weren't moving fast enough to actually hurt you.) If it kept the muzzle energy, it would be useful as a weapon against multi-dimensional entities.
Testimonials:
Jstone
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Amon Star on Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:43 am

Bainhart wrote:I give you this ::produces a key::

It locks the OOCZone in the thread. Mind you only OOC Characters are effected by this.
Does this Key stop people using OOC energy?
Ankhareon wrote:Amon: duely noted
Also, I now have to let him use it. Mayhem, run & hide.
Jstone wrote:"It sounds more like it locks down the fourth wall. Anyway, that won't stop much. A lock is only as strong as the door that it seals, and the fourth wall is pretty flimsy."
With gaping holes.
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Xepharon on Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:31 pm

how about a light that only shines on things worth looking at?
Image Image

"Anyone can be honest with everybody, but true honesty begins with being honest with yourself. This however, is likely one of the most difficult of tasks for the human mind to perform." - Me, as far as I know.

"You see those? Those are actual things that are from actual famous people." - Jake R

My Deviant Art profile.
Proud Owner of an Evolution Gun
Xepharon
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ankhareon on Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:05 am

Xepharon wrote:how about a light that only shines on things worth looking at?

ooh, handy
*gives you one*

also I'll give Kyrio one because that may be the most pointless, yet discussed idea yet *does so*
Ankhareon
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Teleros on Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:17 am

A "programmable" pen knife? With everything from blades and bottle openers to toothbrushes and that number 204 wrench the local DIY store doesn't stock any more...
Teleros
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jstone on Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:18 am

Teleros wrote:A "programmable" pen knife? With everything from blades and bottle openers to toothbrushes and that number 204 wrench the local DIY store doesn't stock any more...

Make that one better; it only has one 'blade', but it exists in a state of uncertainty. As long as the knife is closed, it is everything all at the same time. Once you open it the blade becomes the tool you needed, until it is closed.
Testimonials:
Jstone
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Ankhareon on Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:48 am

Jstone: That'd be better, the other one is just an extended Swiss army knife
Ankhareon
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Teleros on Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:55 am

Sure, in the same way a computer is an extended abacus :P .
Teleros
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Ankhareon on Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:36 am

more like in the same way a calculator is an extended abacus - you simply made an infinite-tool swiss army knife. It wasn't imaginative, it was a logical continuation of an existing piece of tech
Ankhareon
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Stardrake_ on Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:07 am

Procurement would like to know if credit would be extended for technologies provided during the Crossover Wars including, but not limited to, sanctified hydrogen plasma fuel, carnivorous paperclip-based security systems, fabric-eating bug warheads for use against Yarn Spheres, and Der Panzerschtink.
"The conflict is not between Christianity and Islam or between East and West - instead, it is between stupid people and other stupid people." - Terry Pratchett

AKA Stellar_Dragon (lost when an attempt to change the linked email address went wrong) and Stardrake (obliterated in the Great Keenspot Crash of '03).

People who are fed up with unreadably small font may wish to look here. For those who POST such text, however, this is not an excuse. Surely 6-pt gets the point across without requiring shenanigans to read?
Stardrake_
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: Department of Paranormal Zoology, Magitech Division, Funky Horror

Postby Teleros on Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:56 pm

Stardrake_ wrote:Procurement would like to know if credit would be extended for technologies provided during the Crossover Wars including, but not limited to, sanctified hydrogen plasma fuel, carnivorous paperclip-based security systems, fabric-eating bug warheads for use against Yarn Spheres, and Der Panzerschtink.

In that case, I wonder if I can nominate those pesky sentient yarn balls my namesake created...
Teleros
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Brylian_Troy on Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:37 pm

How about this for a gun?

A weapon that knocks you out and then forces you to switch minds with your opponent. And as soon as your opponent is dead... you mind switchs back.

The fun with this gun, is you can swap with main characters (non knocking out) occassionally, as well as possible sentient creatures (say the vorts).

Weakness of this gun, is if your body dies whilst you're switched, you die.

Image Image Image
My art thready =^-^=

I have a deviantart! Mew!

Quote of the Week: Anti-Paragon:
Why is it that the first thing I thought of was some furry humping a mail box?
Brylian_Troy
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ankhareon on Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:12 pm

New and original ideas, nothing from the crossover wars otherwise they aren't new

Troy, you of all people don't need to pay for a gun you helped invent *gives you one*
Obviously the idea itself is pretty innovative, however this kind of thing has been done before - a cheat in Star Wars: Jedi Outcast allows you to upgrade jedi mind trick to perform this function
the weakness of this also features in Unreal Tournament with the redeemer
And finally in Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy one of your powers took control of an enemy
It hasn't been done with a gun but it has been used before
Ankhareon
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Stardrake_ on Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:39 am

Noted. Weird Science will have to continue experimenting with the nano-assemblers on smaller subjects, then. The Scary Paperwork Department has some concerns about your business model.
"The conflict is not between Christianity and Islam or between East and West - instead, it is between stupid people and other stupid people." - Terry Pratchett

AKA Stellar_Dragon (lost when an attempt to change the linked email address went wrong) and Stardrake (obliterated in the Great Keenspot Crash of '03).

People who are fed up with unreadably small font may wish to look here. For those who POST such text, however, this is not an excuse. Surely 6-pt gets the point across without requiring shenanigans to read?
Stardrake_
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: Department of Paranormal Zoology, Magitech Division, Funky Horror

Postby Seth/Sara on Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:45 am

Seth: "Guh...Let's see..."
Sara: "What about the mech?"
Seth: "That's not original."
Sara: "The interface is."
Seth: "No, I stole the Amniotic Fluid and Mind Linkup from 'Evangelion' and 'Goddess Candidate' respectively."
Sara: "Oh yeah..."
Seth: "Should we try Plum?"
Sara: "Nah, she's just a standard AI with on-screen display. Besides, she's like, what? 2 years old? No one would be willing to use her code."
Seth: "Fine then, what do you propose?"
Sara: "Um...Self-Moderation chip?"
Seth: "That's just an expansion of Asimov's 3 laws.
Sara: "Well...What about her?" *Points to a non-active cyborg*
Seth: "Cyborgs have been done to death."
Sara: "Not her, she's got full human abilities, including eating, sleeping, learning, growing. Hell, she can even Dream!"
Seth: "Fine, we'll submit her for the gun."
Sara: "We better get two, I ain't sharing."
Seth/Sara
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Seth/Sara on Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:47 am

Double post, nothing to see here.
Seth/Sara
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Teleros on Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:38 am

Ankhareon wrote:New and original ideas, nothing from the crossover wars otherwise they aren't new

The yarn balls came from the Chaotic Intentions RP ;) .
Teleros
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Vene on Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:08 am

Teleros wrote:
Ankhareon wrote:New and original ideas, nothing from the crossover wars otherwise they aren't new

The yarn balls came from the Chaotic Intentions RP ;) .

And those damn balls still freak me out.
A Y is just a defective X.--DStaal

Of course, humans have a habit of expanding the Evil bin when encountering something new--Raventooth
Vene
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: The Evolution Gun

Postby shadowwing on Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:15 pm

*looks at e-gun* "cool!
how about stuff that directly uses heat as an energy source?
or how about "molecular cohesion generators"? they make molecules stick together, put some on your shoes and you can walk on liquids! can also prevent people from phasing through your walls.
or maybe an adapter for TF Guns that allows them to store a charge in inanimate objects. shoot a potted plant, and the first person to touch it gets TFed, or use it on a cookie and hit the first person to bite into it!
i hope at least one of those ideas qualifies.

speaking of ideas,"
*takes a copy of Fan's "food bomb", Jstone's "towel-space", & Amon's Sub Atomic Harmonic Synthesizer.*
"oh, and as for that multi-dimensional gun Jstone mentioned, i already have something like that. both the scope and the barrel have small portals on them, and by adjusting the controls, i can fire a shot at almost anything from almost anywhere, even between universes. except of course, areas with anti-portal systems up.
plus, in a pinch, it works as a normal gun! lol."
Shadowwing current form: Normal, Human Male,
2335 xp, lvl 9, Squirrelly Bunny,
Shadowwing's Bio
I now have a Wiki page. (includes a larger inventory.)
publicly known inventory:
1 TF glove (e), 1 TF band (e), 1 TF gun, 1 Super CTF gun, 1 OTF gun, 1 squirrel teddy (w), 1 Bunny Beret (w), Inf. Furry Sodas, Inf. Shrink Sodas, Inf. Femme Colas, 1 cookie, various Shen Gong Wu, 2 DRACO bracers,
(e) = equipped, (w) = worn, Inf. = infinite
shadowwing
Keenspotter Supreme

Location: Shadowwing: Fort Mayhem, and possibly elsewhere? Lumin: Fort Mayhem,

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem