The Evolution Gun

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Postby eman on Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:22 pm

You are, of course, referring to the bite-size candy bar, not the galaxy?
eman
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ankhareon on Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:24 pm

Matthlord: that's certainly a new spin on a regular boomerang - an imaginitive one at that. have an E-gun

yalborap: rewriting a person's skill set? It's been don't to a point in the matrix, but I haven't heard anything like that in gun form, have an E-gun

Kalga: innovative indeed, but the methods themselves aren't imaginative. Fire, spikes etc are pretty standard repulsion devices. try again

Alex_Mage: elemental shape shifting isn't that imaginative, especially not using bracers. Sounds a bit like the Omnitrix from Ben 10, or the power of one of the wonder twins who turned himself into water, but in two forms. the fact that it works best for things that don't exist makes it not very useful so, it's not very imaginative.

DracoDracul: A super villain who is forced to become a hero by night in a world of super heroes and villains where the extraordinary is normal? I love it! However I saw a similar thing in reverse on Evil Inc - Captain Heroic becoming a super villain in order to market his super villain business.
I'll give it to you on account of it's on a larger scale, and it's for a different reason, and the idea is so obscure it can hardly be called unoriginal

MCB: idea 1: that was one of the theorized uses for nanites - using leaves to create steak or something. it's not original
idea 2: this seems like a form of teleport, or at least a device with the same function as one. But it's not instantaneous so you have minor innovation, even if it is a downgrade but not real imagination. besides, the amount of energy created would be ludicrous
No Deals!

A Fan: make any item of food into a bomb? sounds handy, have one!
[Bannerless bunny - I can make my own graphics]
The Forum Wars | My deviantArt
Ankhareon
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby nokvok on Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:40 pm

Actually there is only one thing you need for ultimate power (withing our Universe)
It's a device which effects and manipulates all energy on a quantum level, and thus has complete control over probability.
And since everything is possible, this device can do everything at any time in any distance.
It doesn't even need to be a small device since you merely need the remote control.

Matter transmutation, conversion, rearrangement, transportation... it's kind of like being omnipotent... except of course it's not, since it's (probably) not capable to effect other dimensions nor do 'mystical' things like resurrect the dead... but everything else is fair game.
Need to look up something about my chars? Here's the list: Characters List (Updated 4/5/11)
Image Image Image
nokvok
Keenspot Deity

Postby catldr24 on Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:41 pm

Quantum Glasses.

All you have to do is look at something, and it changes on a molecular level.

//1 am idea
Drayco: ((Oh yeah, I forgot he's been repeatedly used as a weapon during the fight. ^^; ))
At least when I'm multitasking, I know where I can go to retrieve my mind.
My Inventory

Current form: So zetta slow!
catldr24
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Ankhareon on Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:56 am

nokvok: that was pretty much my theory on gaining easy infinite power. It should work, and I think was used in Accidental Centaurs to account for the abilities of djinns. but it's thinking laterally so I'll give you one

catdlr: doesn't that happen already? of course if you're meaning glasses of omnipotence, as nokvok said, then sure, that''s original, have one

also: the full image is there, and on my deviantart

Ankhareon
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Author-Man on Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:34 am

Author-Vixen: Definitive reason why shotguns are more useful than Evo-Guns! Can an evolution based weapon work on something that is not alive? No. Thus, only the shotgun user will survive the Zombie apocalypse. Pwnd.
Let's Plays (on hiatus 'til I get a mic)
[09:55:06] <AM|Slep> I'm surprised Doc Scratch is only now noticing that Spades Slick has set his house on fire.
[09:55:23] <@toothsomeCameo> Or at least only now caring about it?
[09:55:42] <AM|Slep> Yeah, see, the flashing ! tells me there's some modicum of surprise there.
[09:55:50] <@toothsomeCameo> This is true.
[09:56:13] <AM|Slep> That, or he saw a suspicious cardboard box.
[09:56:33] <AM|Slep> He's about to walk over to it and flip it over, only to find Solid Nepeta under it.

[21:40:31] <AM|Hate> Terezi Owns is also awesome.
[21:40:35] <toothsomeCameo> Sadly.
Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Amon Star on Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:49 am

Ooh, new swanky toy. I like.

Imaginative idea, you say. Hmm, my muse has been kidnapped by Ninja, so my creativity isn't at full strength. However, how about a Monkey Chucker? It looks like a normal nun-chuck, except that one handle has a big red button on it & the other is a Monkey Magnet that sticks to any monkeys. Then you just press the button & the monkey is sent flying.

So, do we have a deal?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Malachy19 on Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:01 am

So is this E-gun a cousin od the D-evo gun from the famous academy award winning Mario Brothers movie? :shifty: Trust the fungus!
"Everyone wants my bacon. My delicious Canadian Bacon" -Camo
All my Characters, in one handy Place
Magical School Wiki ---
Malachy19
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kalga on Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:07 am

Fine. Fine. Ignore the dead gun.....

I bring to you, the....Something......Gun...... It can accept anything smaller than a tennis ball as ammunition, and then it shoots things......
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby catldr24 on Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:58 am

*examining his new toy*

Kalga, maybe if you came up with an idea that didn't have the word gun in it, you might have a better chance!
Drayco: ((Oh yeah, I forgot he's been repeatedly used as a weapon during the fight. ^^; ))
At least when I'm multitasking, I know where I can go to retrieve my mind.
My Inventory

Current form: So zetta slow!
catldr24
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kalga on Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:48 am

But..... guns..... Oh Oh Oh!

*holds up katana*

Looks like a normal katana, no? But with this built in speaker and mp3 player, you can play cool music......

Seriously. I can't have a good idea without it maiming somebody.....
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby Ankhareon on Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:42 am

No, the smart Evo gun user will zap themselves with an armoured shell and immunity to zombie bites, then if they're really good, a zombie controlling pheremone which they will use to pit their undead minions against each other causing an apocolypse for zombies rather than the other way around

the shotgun user only has so much ammo and is in fact very vulnerable to zombies

COUNTER-PWND!

Amon: That's just a gravity gun that only works for monkeys, only less precise. NO DEAL!

Mal: never saw that movie

Kalga: also like a gravity gun, only less useful
Mp3 katana? EPIC FAIL!
Ankhareon
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby yreomyr on Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:52 am

Ankhareon wrote:Mp3 katana? EPIC FAIL!

Oh come on, i know I'd want an iKatana. And think of the commercials, two silhouettes dancing around, when one cuts the other's head off, iKatana.
yreomyr
Keenspot Despot

Postby Jstone on Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:29 am

As long as we're coming up with strange, and highly improbable, things, I have one. A towel that is composed of an uncountable number of space-time pockets, and can therefore soak up a near infinite amount of liquid without getting wet or gaining mass. Sounds innocuous at first, but think of the destruction that could happen if you tossed it into an ocean. Just don't wring it out after that.
Testimonials:
hammerqueen wrote:I am both impressed and mildly concerned.
BumRussianElvis wrote:Note to self: Don't sing around Jstone when he is armed with impromptu projectiles.
In response to me being called moderator material, pixelhead777 wrote:Not Jstone. NOT Jstone.
Jstone
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kalga on Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:35 am

I'm gonna start giving out iKatana's as newbie gifts.

Clone gun? Anything you shoot with it gets cloned?
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby Ankhareon on Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:37 am

Yreomyr: cool, yes. imaginative. NO

JStone: infinite absorbtion towel? you can use it for anything and now it's super powerfull! I like!
Original? it's a towel, but better. It's innovative sure, but that's what the towel does anyway
Imaginative? Never have I seen pocket dimensions applied to fabric so it certainly is Innovative
I'll give you that, but you barely got it

Kalga: A clone gun is used in Garry's mod for prop duplication, and I'm pretty sure I saw one on some sci-fi program
Ankhareon
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Reaver225 on Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:52 am

Iterative iteration box - It's a box, with a universal reconstructor bit and added computing power.

You put something in it, and it makes it better in some respect. Do it again, and it's improved again. But what if you can't fit it in? Well, you can turn it inside out and make it improve itself! For example, it'd expand itself to fit larger objects! Keep doing this and there's no limit to each iteration will be more powerful!
| Mental note: Refrain from using the Force while drunk. | Caption contest winner! | "Screw it. Rocks fall, everyone dies." |
I shall delete you, recreate thyself. - Mutamu
"All citizens to either go to the graveyard and dig up corpses or become corpses for not complying." - hazardswake
Maldraugedhen wrote:That would only be if stupidity was a Boolean thing, or if it was like always multiplying a pair of negative numbers (assuming positive is intelligent).
Stupidity has its own infinite continuum, from bordering on the brain dead to just shy of normal.
...I need to not delurk right after a long coding session.
Reaver225
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby A Fan on Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:58 am

But if you turned it inside out, wouldn't you be improving reality at large? You'd need to build a slightly larger IIB to improve your existing one, and then you'd already have a larger IIB!
For information on this and other subjects, consult your local ninja.
Best EGS Video. Ever.
Remember: You can't spell combustion without two O's
I had to remove my personality test graph from my sig. You can still see it by clicking these sentences.
If you encounter a strange symbol in my posts, it's from a glitch in my keyboard. I can't see them, so just ignore them. Fnord.
A Fan
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kalga on Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:02 am

*holds up a iron*

Use this! This iron holds the worlds secrets to ironing out plot holes and inconvenience.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:17 am

Sorry for the delay. I got distracted watching yao......uh.........something else. - Miss Sidhe

...ex-soldier that is packing heat like a zombie uprising is about to happen... -Zacair

Be gay, be proud, but as soon as you make a music station about it, you're bragging.
Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby yreomyr on Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:31 am

Kalga wrote:*holds up a iron*

Use this! This iron holds the worlds secrets to ironing out plot holes and inconvenience.

is it... ironic?
yreomyr
Keenspot Despot

Postby Reaver225 on Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:44 pm

A Fan wrote:But if you turned it inside out, wouldn't you be improving reality at large? You'd need to build a slightly larger IIB to improve your existing one, and then you'd already have a larger IIB!
You don't turn it inside out, silly! You just need to fold it into itself. Much simpler.
| Mental note: Refrain from using the Force while drunk. | Caption contest winner! | "Screw it. Rocks fall, everyone dies." |
I shall delete you, recreate thyself. - Mutamu
"All citizens to either go to the graveyard and dig up corpses or become corpses for not complying." - hazardswake
Maldraugedhen wrote:That would only be if stupidity was a Boolean thing, or if it was like always multiplying a pair of negative numbers (assuming positive is intelligent).
Stupidity has its own infinite continuum, from bordering on the brain dead to just shy of normal.
...I need to not delurk right after a long coding session.
Reaver225
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Dayantis on Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:53 pm

Kalga wrote:Seriously. I can't have a good idea

There, fixed. :D
Dayantis
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby A Fan on Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:40 pm

Reaver225 wrote:
A Fan wrote:But if you turned it inside out, wouldn't you be improving reality at large? You'd need to build a slightly larger IIB to improve your existing one, and then you'd already have a larger IIB!
You don't turn it inside out, silly! You just need to fold it into itself. Much simpler.

Hmm. A Klein box. I like it. Let's see origami top that!
For information on this and other subjects, consult your local ninja.
Best EGS Video. Ever.
Remember: You can't spell combustion without two O's
I had to remove my personality test graph from my sig. You can still see it by clicking these sentences.
If you encounter a strange symbol in my posts, it's from a glitch in my keyboard. I can't see them, so just ignore them. Fnord.
A Fan
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jake R on Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:42 pm

A unique idea?

... how about a shiny hole? As in, the hole ITSELF shines? I'm pretty sure that's unique...

... not good enough? Okay, if you step inside the hole and sing Bohemian Rhapsody better than the original Queen version, world peace will be instantly achieved. Good luck! =)
Jake R
Keenspot Juggernaut

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem