Wolf of The Seas: Chapter 5: About Dang Time.

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Postby KylenPhylar on Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:27 pm

Chapter 3 Writer's block has been nuked. on with the show!

Rated P for Pirate

Chapter 3: Weigh Anchor

Kylen sat up in the crow's nest, watching his crew stock up the ship. To his luck, one of the crew, a current total of forty able people, was a cook. Having a cook was good for the ship, allowing them to make better tasting meals with less supplies, thus raising morale and stretching their food and water farther. This, of course, ment they could stay at sea longer and hall more treasure and goods. Kylen smirked, looking into the distance. Money was what got him here in the first place.

Down below in the bowls of the ship, Yun, Ten, and Cameo shared the task of tallying all the food, water, and other supplies as they were set on board. Ten was enjoying her work, even while Yun and Cameo complained.

"I can't believe we got stuck with this stupid job." Cameo stated, her temper flaring slightly, causing her to almost forget to use her gruffer, male voice. "It's so boring. I'd rather be hauling the supplies then counting them." she grumbled, marking down several more gallons of clean water. Yun nodded his agreement, having tallied 10 more tons of food.

"It could be worse Cameo. You could not be coming, and be stuck in this rat hole port." Ten replied, finishing up her tallies. "I'll meet you guys on deck when you're done." she said, smiling and climbing the ladder, earning a glare from the other two.

"Bet she makes one of the second in command ranks." Yun grumbled, finishing up along with Cameo. "Ten would deserve it though. With out 'him'," Yun started, as a crew member walked by, "we wouldn't have gotten all the supplies we did." he said. "Or as cheap." Cameo nodded to this as she climbed the ladder after him.

"You just have to be careful about your pronouns, Yun. That was a bit too close back there." she said, looking at the crew mates as they continued on. "It could have been disastrous if any of the crew found out..."

"Found out what, boy?" a voice said from behind them, making them spin. Behind them stood Kumel, Kylen's First Mate. A large, fairly quiet man. He had much strength, and only talked when he thought it was required. This made him a very strong force, and a choice that went well for the crew.

"N..Nothing sir. Just...a secret amongst friends." Cameo replied, smooth as ice. She looked the man unwaveringly in the eye, her composer perfect.

"Fine. But if you're hiding something that could endanger the crew, I'll be the one to throw you overboard." the large man said, before walking away. Cameo waited until he was well away, before letting out her breath.

"That was too close." She said, looking around for Ten. "Come on. Your mom should be here soon with the flag, then we can take off." Cameo finished, running off with Yun in Pursuit behind her.

Kylen smiled, grabbing the rope hanging from his perch, and sliding down it to the deck. "So, my dear new crew, are we all set?" he asked looking at the three.

"All is set. Just waiting on our flag, Capt'n." Yun said with a smile. "My mother should be here any time with it." he replied. Almost on cue, she showed up, with the blue flag in her arms.

"Here you go, good sir. One flag befitting the Wolf of War." she said, unfurling it. It was a dark blue flag, with the head of a wolf. It wasn't a perfect wolf, but that was the point. He looked battle worn, and rugged.

"I like it. I think you deserve extra for the great job." Kylen said, giving her a slightly heavier coin bag then what was to be given. "We can leave now. Weigh anchor! Strike the sails! We sail with the wind!" he called out, to the cheers of the crew.
Avatar By Sanchay. Yes, the Original is back
ImageImage
Because I think I am. As does Nok, who counted the points
~ I know -I'm- not dead, just lacking in the meat department. ~: BinaryWraith

Supreme Commander of Fort Mayhem. Meaning No "My Gun is Bigger" fights, got it?

My ForumFics: The Writer's Pen, Wolf of the Seas
KylenPhylar
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: Cuddling with Hinata, working on a world domination plan.

Postby Kum-El on Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:53 pm

I still think KE's going to be the one to discover Ten's female...

MOOORE!!!
Responsible, either fully or partially, for Laws of Mayhem Physics 2, 4, 8, 10, 35, 38, 40, 41, 59, 72, 77, 85, 86, and 113
MHT wiki Welcome to the Jungle wiki Bandits! wiki
Kum-El: A version for every occasion. -OzLionHeart
Deus Ex Machina: Because, contrived though it may be, it's more fun than dying. -Author-Man

"Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!"
"Death is lighter than a feather, Duty heavier than a mountain."
Kum-El
Keenspot Deity

Postby Cheez on Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:36 am

MOOORE indeed. This is truly an awesome forumfic.
Cheez
Keenspot Deity

Postby Grim Atescu on Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:42 am

I must ask fer more. And I hope I shall see a place herein.
This is my sig. It is cute. --> @_ *wai!*
The sig likes cookies. --> c@_ *nom*
You will give it cookies, or it will steal your soul. --> @/ *rar*
Beware the cuteness of the sig!
===
"And YOU, Grim, write adorable honeymoon scenes." - VOR
Grim Atescu
Keenspot Deity

Postby KylenPhylar on Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:39 pm

Yarr! Here be a chapter for ye scurvy seadogs, for Talk like a Pirate day, arrr..

Chapter 4: Storm Abrewing.

In Rio de la Hacha, the bar was empty, with the exception of two men.

"He knows we're in the Caribbean, my lord." can be heard, in a Spanish accent. "He'll hunt us down until he gets his love back."

"Let him." says another voice, obviously the stronger of the two. "Our ships are unsinkable, manned with massive crews of trained sailors. He cannot possibly think he can win." the man continues taking a sip of his drink. "He doesn't know where we are. And even if he found out, he could never catch us." the large man comments, smiling evilly. "If you excuse me, I must return to my plantation, and make sure she is working off her and his debts."

The smaller man nodded, standing up and bowing. "It was my pleasure, Marquis de la Vor." he said, grinning haughtily. "He'll never find your fort, let alone his sister also." he said, straightening.

"That is true, Baron Kraggi. So very True." Vor replied, standing up. "I leave you with half the map to my location. The other half..well, I can't tell you." he says, smirking again. Putting on his hat, and taking his cane, Vor walks out of the bar, toward the docks.

Kraggi chuckles after his boss left, ordering another drink.

______

Nevis shrunk in the back ground, as the Wolf of War sailed on, St. Kitts to the north just a shrinking bump on the horizon.

"The wind is with us! I want full sails. We're going to be town jumping our way to Tortuga, and try and get us some more crew!" Kylen said, smiling all the time at the wheel, looking like a natural. Cameo just sniffed at his general direction, and helped do general chores.

"Tortuga, huh? I heard it's a real pirate haven." Yun said, making sure some ropes were tight.

"Sounds like it would be, bloody French." Cameo replied, putting away a bucket.

"I hope it's not too bad." Ten replied, sitting back after finishing her own work. "Though we have enough people to man the boat now, we need more once we start taking ships and carrying more gold." she said, sighing. She stole a quick glance at Kumel, who was busy carrying some cannon balls around. It was a warm day, and his shirt was off. She turned back to her friends before any noticed.

Yun just shrugged. "Crew is crew is crew. Right now it's what we need." he replied, sitting down next to Ten. Cameo stood standing, with a slight sigh.

Kumel finished moving some cannons, and walked up to Kylen. "Capt'n Kylen, are you even sure how to get to Tortuga?" he asked, looking serious as always.

Kylen nodded. "Last captian left us a full map of the Caribbean. We can go anywhere. Granted, it could still take a few months." he stated, moving the wheel to try and keep the ship's sails in the wind. "We'll make it, and raid every Dutch and Spanish ship that we come across!" he said, smiling greatly.
ImageImage

KylenPhylar
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Grim Atescu on Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:54 pm

Oho! So I se ye've decided ta post up a nice chapter there, matey. I do like et, 'tis a fine piece o' work.
===
Grim Atescu
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kum-El on Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:03 pm

Me namesake's picked up an admirer I see...

MOOORE!
Responsible, either fully or partially, for Laws of Mayhem Physics 2, 4, 8, 10, 35, 38, 40, 41, 59, 72, 77, 85, 86, and 113
Deus Ex Machina: Because, contrived though it may be, it's more fun than dying. -Author-Man

Kum-El
Keenspot Deity

Postby Cheez on Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:54 am

Foolish Marquis Vor. Doesn't he know that saying 'my ships are unsinkable' puts a curse on 'em? :lol:

Anyhoo, I shall join Kum-El in the cry for

MOOOOOOOOORE!!!
Cheez
Keenspot Deity

Postby Malachy19 on Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:09 am

Nice work Ky, keep up the works.
"Everyone wants my bacon. My delicious Canadian Bacon" -Camo
All my Characters, in one handy Place
Magical School Wiki ---
Malachy19
Keenspot Deity

Postby Berk on Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:30 am

Just found, read and enjoyed. When shall more be arriving?
Berk: Logically breaking the laws of logic.
Epic Bunny: 11910 Bunnypoints

Cool Ellen quotes:
Is that all you noticed while in my shirt?
Yo Piggy! Get away from my brother 'fore I make you squeal!
Ah Yes, The Wonder Twins... They do complicate matters don't they?
That crazed look could have meant any number of things!
I feel significantly less menacing.
Blasphemy!
Given that I'd be in the closet with another girl, I don't think I'd be doing a very good job.
I'm supposed to know how magic works?
I thought I was ready for man-on-Ellen loving.
Mom told me to wake you. She was unspecific as to how.
Excuse me, I need to find something heavy and blunt to kill you with.
You can make marbles even more shiny?
Well, that, or "Mind your own business, jackass!"
Magnet!
Dammit, she can thumb-type every word, but she can't bust out the emoticons?
Berk
Keenspot Deity

Postby Lohti on Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:38 pm

wow, this is really making me want to play age of pirates again......

speaking of, Blaze and Beatrice Shark need to make an appearance! (or their father) :wink:

or maybe Joanna, better known as Cap'n Clean?
Farewell, Berk, and ride off into the sunset.
-------------------------------------------------
Hiten Mitsurugi style Caramell-dansen!
Lohti
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby hammerqueen on Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:01 pm

Yay, a new chapter!

Keep it up, wolfie. XP
"Cherry freezy!! I smile!!!"

"QUEEN OF THE HARPIES! QUEEN OF THE HAARPIES!" -Kraggi
" 'ZOMGBOOBIES UR PERFECT' " -Kraggi
"HQ: rebel without a cause!" -Kraggi
"you're like a kindred evil spirit" -Malachy19
"...I sorry for yelling my cuddles at you...I just squeezed a little too tight." -Peri
"ensaring the hearts of innocent forumites since 2006"-Kraggi
"well besides the STARE OF DEATH, you seem like a nice person enough." -Drayco
"You are an evil little girl. ...Most evil thing I know." -Kalga
Catgirl Goddess of Grammar, yarnballs, and catnip
"You can prey on me any day." -Zacair
"YOU CRAZY!" -Kraggi
"Y'know, I'm offended; You haven't quoted ME in your signature." -DaveGMM
"Does that deserve to be quoted?" -Mahadeo
hammerqueen
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Wolf of The Seas: Chapter 4: A present for TLAPDay

Postby KylenPhylar on Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:38 pm

Chapter 5

Captain's Log

Days at sea: 20

Days from start: 40

It has been almost a month now since we last saw port. Our supplies are holding well now that we have a decent barrel maker, and has been tasting better now that we have a cook. The cook, a man by the name of Grim, apparently has over 30 different versions of the same stew, and each is better then the last. Which interests me. My first mate has been keeping watch over Yun and his two friends, Cameo and Ten. Apparently he has a feeling they are keeping a secret, and I have to agree. I can not think of what it could be, thus I say nothing. At the moment, I'm not worried about it, seeing as they pull their weight and more, and all of the crew seems to look up to them.

Kylen sighed as he wrote, thinking. Everything was running smoothly. Prey had been easy, and gold flowed their way. The one main thing he and Kumel, his first mate had noticed was that Yun tended to guard the room he and his friends shared every morning. The captain was getting tired of the semi-secrecy, and was going to end it this morning. Closing his log, he got up and walked down into the ship, coming up to Yun.

"Hello captain." Yun said, smiling slightly. he stood in his usual spot every morning, right in front of the door.

"Move, Yun." Kylen said plainly, looking at the boy. "I don't want to have to move you, but I will if I must."

"I..I can't do that captain." he said looking fairly nervous now. Oh no, he's onto us. he thought, squirming slightly. Unfortunately, Kylen lived up to his promise, forcing Yun to the side and opening the door.

In a way, the next series of events would be viewed as ironic by many.

First thing that happened was that Kylen saw Cameo with out shirt or wraps, giving him quite the frontal view. Second thing that happened wasn't a scream, but Cameo picking up the stool and winging it at him. Thirdly, that same stool hit the dazed captain, knocking him into the wall behind him. Yun quickly closed the door, and helped him up.

"Oi...what the bloody hell just happened here, Yun?" he asked, shaking his head. "Please tell me Cameo is just very large in the chest for a male, and that I didn't just find out she be a female." he said, looking at the boy. Unfortunately for him, Yun looked down sheepishly. "Bloody hell." was all Kylen said, knocking on the door. "Cameo, when you are done with what you be doing, get yer arse up to my cabin. We have some items to talk about." After which, he walked away, holding his sore head.

Once back to his cabin, he looked at his quartermaster, Berk. "Why me, Berk? Why me? Of all the crew I could have, why did one o' my best have ta be a bloody GIRL?" he asked, thumping his head on the table. Berk just smiled, patting his back.

"It could be worse, Capt'n. She could be a girl who does nothing but complain. At least she pulls her weight, and more. If you and Kumel weren't such good friends to begin with, I bet you would have made her First Mate." he said, pointing out certain things. Kylen had to nod, agreeing.

"Let him know, but don't let the rest of the crew yet. I need ta talk with the girl first, and get some stuff straight."

---------

"So, let me get this straight. You want ME, best pirate hunter in the world, to hunt down this...this...WANTOBE pretender." the man said, leaning back in his chair, hat over his eyes. He was in a Spanish port, in a small tavern. "Why the bloody hell do you think I'm going to do this?"

"Because, sir, the bounty is already at one thousand gold." the shrewish man said, acting slightly skittish around the pirate hunter.

"Pah. Ask me again when it goes up." he said, passing the wanted poster back over to the man, shooing him away. "Kent "Ferret" Robberts doesn't hunt after small fish." he muttered, waving for another drink.

---------

Cameo knocked on the cabin door, walking in when he told her to enter. "What did ya want to talk about, ya bloody pervert?" she asked, sitting down in the chair opposite of him. She was still pissed at him for earlier, when she was putting her wraps on.

"Cameo, I'll tell you straight. I ought ta be tossin' ya' ove'board for lying to me." Kylen said, turning to her. "Thar be many things I ought ta be doin' to ya, but I won't. Ta be honest, ya' pull yer weight around, and don't complain." he told her. "Meaning, I WON"T be leavin' ya and yer friends at the next port. Ya won't be getting special treatment beyond that, though. I'm willing to over look this, and some other possible things in the future so long as you keep pulling yer weight around here."

Cameo just stared in shock. No apologizing for walking in on her? Just self righteousness about the whole thing? Her hands curled into fists as he turned away. Her blood boiled, and she leapt. "YOU BLOODY [donkey]!" she yelled, fist aimed for his head. With a side step, he dodged her and grabbed her hand, pinning her to the wall.

Kylen hissed at her slightly, holding her struggling being there. "If ye knows what’s good for ye, yer take it and leave. Be glad I have a heart." he whispered in her ear, before pushing her at the door. She huffed slightly, blowing her hair out of her face before storming out of his room, and back below deck.
ImageImage

KylenPhylar
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Wolf of The Seas: Chapter 5: About Dang Time.

Postby Grim Atescu on Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:47 pm

WotSGrim: The ingredients are key. Each one adds and subtracts certain qualities from the taste - the goal is to maximize meal synergy and create the perfect blend of meat, vegetables, and on occasion breads.

At any rate: More, please!
===
Grim Atescu
Keenspot Deity

Postby Yun on Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:51 pm

This version of Cameo isn't too bright, is she? :okthen:
Yun
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kum-El on Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:29 pm

She did have you guarding the door... *flrrd*

*off in the distance* MOOORE!!!

Kum-El
Keenspot Deity

Postby Yun on Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:30 pm

Walked right into that one. >.<
Yun
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:26 am

This chapter contains boobs. XD

*mimic* MOOOORE!
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby KylenPhylar on Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:40 pm

AH! *lights some dynamite as a VERY large brick of Writer's Block waves goodbye sadly, before exsploding.

HaHA! I return, and hopefully by the end of the week I will return again with ANOTHER chapter in my most wonderful story!

Expect Chapter 6 to throw you off your feet with twists, turns, and exposition! Here's hope that many of you will enjoy rereading and continuing the story of Captain Kylen and his scurvy pirate crew.
ImageImage

KylenPhylar
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby 10.0.0.1 on Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:17 pm

Romantic explosions? (sorry had to ask)
Keenspot Deity

Postby Cheez on Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:59 pm

Awesome, i look for'ard to it.
Cheez
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:16 am

Scurvy crew? Did someone forget to bring the orange juice? :P

*flrrds, and awaits the next chapter*
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:30 am

Yar! :D
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby Yun on Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:57 am

WotSYun: Yay, more nakedness!

WotSYun: I mean... :shifty: *flrrd*
Yun
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby 10.0.0.1 on Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:18 pm

WotSten: *forget hammers, fires a canon at WotSYun*
Keenspot Deity

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem