Fort Mayhem! Created to Protect The Goonish Worlds!

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: Fort Mayhem! Created to Protect The Goonish Worlds!

Postby Xepharon on Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:02 am

Surveillance Room

Moranz looked shocked. "...Durai is...? So, that means... If we can just catch him... So who's the real bad guy then...? What are we missing? Xeph, you getting this?"

Xeph's room

I had just waken up from my nap, RAI relaying me the pertinent information. RAI patched Moranz through as he seemed to be falling over his own thoughts. I picked up the COMM. "Yeah, I heard it," I said, voice still low from the sleep. "Keep your eyes on Durai. Our job just got harder, because we need him alive now. Deadly force is now only a last resort." I set the COMM on the table.

"...How many lives is this going to cost us...? RAI, Please relay to all Author written personnel working for the Fort, who are not on mission, to meet me in my office. We need to figure out where Durai was when he became mind controlled. Who he was talking to, what he was doing... We need a lead. Something."

I had already been getting dressed proper. This had changed the game entirely. How could we bring him to justice? No, not anymore... now, it was how could we bring him home, in one piece?
Image Image

"Anyone can be honest with everybody, but true honesty begins with being honest with yourself. This however, is likely one of the most difficult of tasks for the human mind to perform." - Me, as far as I know.

"You see those? Those are actual things that are from actual famous people." - Jake R

My Deviant Art profile.
Proud Owner of an Evolution Gun
Xepharon
Keenspot Despot

Postby OzLionHeart on Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:00 am

Fort - Command Office
Cory was the first to arrive, since her office was right next to Xeph's, and she had been monitoring the situation herself. The others took a little longer, being occupied with various tasks...

Shooting Range
Amy was practising her shooting. It took her a little time to lower herself to the floor, and untie herself from the rope. Still wearing the blindfold, she headed out, trusting to her sense of Narrative to get her to the office as she worked her hands free...

TF Lab
CJ took a moment to zap herself back to her default form, before heading to the office...

Medical Wing
Lia (and Lara) left their patients under the watchful eyes of Emma, then used their abilities to reach the office almost immediately...

Laundry Room
Corelle was taking a bath, having returned after her unsuccessful pursuit earlier. She leaped out of the washing machine, using her powers to dry herself, and flew out...

Command Office
All of them assembled in the office, and found appropriate seating.
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Xepharon on Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:03 am

I made my way to my office post haste. I guess I can't really say I was too surprised to see everyone there already. I hesitated as I passed through the door, counting heads. "Hrmm.." I let out, making my way to the chair at the end of the table.

"All of you belong to Oz... So to speak. Should we give it time to see if any from Amon's come, or am I to believe that for the sake of story, Amon is pretty much sitting out of the meeting?"

"As far as I have been able to figure out, Amon has been more or less playing roles that are minor supports, plus a few that I can't figure out." Said Moranz, coming in the door just after I spoke. "I won't be surprised if any of his will be sitting in."

"...Moranz..." I said carefully, "Are you telling me that you are Aware?"

"What, in the sense as defined by you guys, with this Author written business and the like? Hardly. However, before you ask, I've been able to tell who's who based on the Fort's records. Each person has a sort of...code, you might say, attached to them. This code can't be altered by anyone that I know of, even you. These codes are consistent with each of the Fort's personnel in who they belong to. Everyone in here, save you and I, have the same code, which means they are from the same person. I have the same as you...rather, I used to. You used to have the same as me, but...Yours is the only one I've seen that has been changing as it has. It shouldn't be possible, but... I digress."

I dismissed it, wanting to get back to that later. "And of Amon?"

"Well, again, Amon has been playing a few of the lesser enlisted or employed personnel, but that's about it. There's a few more tags to him, but they are shrouded. One thing you might find interesting though, is in relation to Durai. The beginning of his code is identical to those who are under Amon... but the further you get along, it becomes...I don't know. Different. It looks as though it is a code that belongs to another 'Author', as it were, but...I have no idea who. Or how."

I looked around the room. "Thoughts? Ideas?"
Image Image

"Anyone can be honest with everybody, but true honesty begins with being honest with yourself. This however, is likely one of the most difficult of tasks for the human mind to perform." - Me, as far as I know.

"You see those? Those are actual things that are from actual famous people." - Jake R

My Deviant Art profile.
Xepharon
Keenspot Despot

Postby OzLionHeart on Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:36 am

Command Office
"It sounds," Amy began, "as though another Author has taken on Amon's role. Or as though Durai is somehow in the process of becoming his own Author, the way you've become your own Narrator."

Lia nodded. "If it is something like that, rather than mind control, there isn't a lot we can do, other than damage control."

CJ spoke up. "Are we sure it is him, and not someone else using a clone form?"
Image Image Image Image

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:50 am

Command Centre
"If I may interject, I questioned our witness for details and the mind control method is the same used on Detective Bates and the others."
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
Weapon of Choice: Gilded Boxing Gloves.
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Xepharon on Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:56 pm

Amon Star wrote:Command Centre
"If I may interject, I questioned our witness for details and the mind control method is the same used on Detective Bates and the others."

I nodded, "By all means, interject away. Any and all potentially pertinent information is welcomed right now, and requested.

Moranz continued, "...Hindsight is 20/20, I suppose. We should have taken scans of the individuals that were mind controlled earlier, to see if the codes changed to a different format, or if it matched that which Durai has...Unfortunately, I was wrapped up trying to figure out Xeph's here. His is one that is actively changing. I actually saw one of the pieces change while in the middle of studying it. Made for an interesting set of notes, but we'll get into that later. Right now though, we are trying to match up the end sequence of Durai's into any known individuals. It's proven difficult, and no results just yet. It's like trying to decode the genome of... well, anyone. It's just incredibly complex. And there's too many similarities with Durai and Amon. It's like nearly identical twins. there are differences, but there's a LOT in common also. Almost as if it's the same Author playing as another. But...I wonder.. Though...come to think of it... RAI, did you, by chance, take scans of the aforementioned individuals?"
Image Image

My Deviant Art profile.
Xepharon
Keenspot Despot

Postby Amon Star on Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:24 pm

Command Room
"They are all controlled, at present anyway, by the same Author, but then so am I at the moment. As for the similarities between Durai and Amon, are you aware of the former's origin?"
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:10 am

Command Office
Corelle spoke up. "RAI has a point. The similarities are kind of built in - it's a part of the way we Plushies are."
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Xepharon on Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:29 pm

I put two fingers to my forehead, sighing. It had been a month since the last one. How long would it be before the next one? How long until... I reached up, and pressed a pause button in the air that only I could see and manipulate.

Everything stopped. Everything. RAI appeared to be in mid-statement about something, motionless. The overhead fans stopped rotating, the monitors stopped moving, even the very air seemed to have a certain "dead" to it. Everything stopped. I turned to the 4th wall, an tired, sad look on my face, no doubt. I turned to the last Authors.

"...I...is this it then? Myself... and you two. That's all that's left. I know that death doesn't await us...characters... if you all leave... but... it's becoming longer and longer in your time between narratives. I am at the point that I wonder if this story arc will reach it's end at the rate it is going. I will certainly do my best to keep going on with my own.... but if either of you two wish to let this go... I won't be upset. I do understand. All things do, eventually, come to an end."

I looked at the Beyond The 4th Wall, searching for an answer. Knowing that the Authors were in fact disappearing, as Admiral Redstone had once said. I knew that it was only a matter of time before this story's narrative was no longer written. And you know what? I'm content with it. It's difficult for me to admit that... but I am content.
Image Image

My Deviant Art profile.
Xepharon
Keenspot Despot

Postby OzLionHeart on Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:03 pm

A voice spoke up from behind Xeph. Turning, he would see KF-Oz standing there.

"Well, I personally would like to see this play out. I think you - all of you characters, whom I've become rather fond of over the course of this adventure - deserve that much at least. Where we go from there - " the Author Avatar shrugged helplessly " - I honestly don't know. I do want see your - our - adventures continue. I - the person behind the keyboard, behind this avatar - think there is probably a great deal more to our stories that we simply haven't discovered yet, and I for one would be sad to see it end like this."

She sighed, and in her eyes Xeph could see an indistinct figure, tapping away on a keyboard. "What we really need is to attract more people here. More Authors, to add new things and new ideas. Ever since the main forum migrated away from us, we've been losing people, and not getting new ones to take up the slack. And I don't know how to reverse it. I'd suggest taking the whole shebang over to there, but I'm not sure if it would be the same."
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:49 pm

As if by magic, a Durai appears.

"Yeah, so, apparently, I have to speak for my Author, or something. Anyway, I'm willing to continue as your villain if you want, as long as you want, just let me know. I'll even tell you now that I've conquered Horoun, so if you want to take the battle to me, go ahead. Or not, it's all the same to me. In fact, you guys tell me what you want me to do. Or what kind of villain you want. I think that'll be the best bet."
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:54 pm

KF-Oz nodded. "That sounds like a plan. Assuming of course, that I haven't managed to scare Xeph off with my doom-and-gloom speech."
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Previous

Return to Mayhem