Fort Mayhem! Created to Protect The Goonish Worlds!

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: Fort Mayhem! Created to Protect The Goonish Worlds!

Postby Amon Star on Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:55 am

Xeph's Office
Xepharon wrote:
Amon Star wrote:"If I may, sir. We know that the MPLF have subverted at least one of ours through mind-control. If it's the same method, then we can detect and correct it, though this does involve a lengthy examination."

"What would you define as "lengthy", RAI?"

"About an hour, during the subject must be restrained, sedated or unresisting."
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
Weapon of Choice: Gilded Boxing Gloves.
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Xepharon on Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:59 pm

"I see. Well then. Why don't we see about bringing her in for that then. But give her that choice. She can either come in and volunteer for it, in which case we may find something, or, she denies, and we try her in court. Likewise, I'd like to ask Chief Theiss the same, minus having him tried for anything. Not that I suspect him, but I do want to eliminate him as a potential possibility." I then turned to RAI and Cory. "How does that sound?"
Image Image

"Anyone can be honest with everybody, but true honesty begins with being honest with yourself. This however, is likely one of the most difficult of tasks for the human mind to perform." - Me, as far as I know.

"You see those? Those are actual things that are from actual famous people." - Jake R

My Deviant Art profile.
Proud Owner of an Evolution Gun
Xepharon
Keenspot Despot

Postby OzLionHeart on Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:00 am

Xeph's Office
Cory thought about it, then nodded. "Sounds workable to me. We'll need to run it by Lia, though."

"Lia is on scene as we speak," RAI put in. "Shall I connect you?"

"Do it," said Cory. "Lia? Not to jog your elbow or anything, but -" She relayed the idea. "Does that sound workable to you?"

Police HQ - Chief's Office
Lia had appeared, via the Chief's bathroom, and was currently examining Bates as the call came in. "That sounds like a plan."

She looked up at the Chief. "Can your office spare you and your assistant here for an hour or two? It might be a good idea to have both of you checked over for any residual traces of mind-control, if only for your own peace of mind."
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Dame HelenNet on Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:03 pm

[OOC: ...oh, mygod! You guys are still here?!]
Dame HelenNet
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Xepharon on Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:12 pm

((Yeeyup, and still more or less active. ...ish. we're still hanging in there. This story is just too much to let die.))
Image Image

"Anyone can be honest with everybody, but true honesty begins with being honest with yourself. This however, is likely one of the most difficult of tasks for the human mind to perform." - Me, as far as I know.

"You see those? Those are actual things that are from actual famous people." - Jake R

My Deviant Art profile.
Xepharon
Keenspot Despot

Postby Amon Star on Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:28 am

"No objection from me," says the chief, then he gives a nasty laugh. "And no objection from the lawyer as Durai officially requested your aid while possessing me."
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Amon Star on Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:29 am

"No objection from me," says the chief, then he gives a nasty laugh. "And no objection from the lawyer as Durai officially requested your aid while possessing me."
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:39 pm

"Well, in that case," Meg said, "if you can have one of your officers take charge of Ms Westonbury, I have a car outside, so all we need to do is -" She started to reach into a pocket, then remembered that it wasn't there any more.

"Is arrange for someone from the Fort to send over a spare key for it," she finished, with a sigh.
Image Image Image Image

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:42 am

*An officer comes and takes the lawyer to the anti-magic cells, though of course she insists on her one free phone call*

*The Chief and Bates are taken to the Fort where, after an appropriate time-skip, Bates is confirmed to being controlled by the suspected method. Luckily, this means she's easy to cure. The Chief is clean, though he has been recently possessed and is suffering from a slight PTSD*

*Anyway, time passes. What do you want to do with them now?
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Tue May 13, 2014 8:21 am

((Ok, so how about something like this...))

Fort - Conference Room
"...and that concludes my report," Meg finished.

Cory nodded. "Thank you, Meg." She looked around at those present, which included the command staff, plus Lia, the Chief, and his deputy (Lia had suggested that they attend the debriefing as part of their treatment, and to give them a measure of closure). "Does anyone else want to add, or ask, anything?"
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Tue May 13, 2014 3:18 pm

Fort - Conference Room
OzLionHeart wrote:"...and that concludes my report," Meg finished.

Cory nodded. "Thank you, Meg." She looked around at those present, which included the command staff, plus Lia, the Chief, and his deputy (Lia had suggested that they attend the debriefing as part of their treatment, and to give them a measure of closure). "Does anyone else want to add, or ask, anything?"

((OOC: I assume the deputy was questioned as to how she was mind-controlled. Cat girl picked her up in a bar and applied Trope Co's Heel-Face Turn Cream(tm) under the pretence of giving her a massage. The cat girl was a Trope Co clone, by the way. Also, she gave some info about the DOD, such as they're a cell structure and as far as she's aware, they have no other agents in the police. Finally, Bates & Westonburry were discussing what to do about Niu, the gnome turncoat, before Meg came in.)

*The Chief leans forward*

"I think that covers everything," he begins. "Now, we better get back to catching this SOB before he does something else. As Detective Bates said, Westonburry's team were high ranking, so I say we talk to that gnome, see if he has any better info. You're welcome to send someone to sit in, of course."
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Xepharon on Sat May 17, 2014 6:09 pm

((I'm sorry, life decided to throw multiple curves at me, I forgot to check in here.))

I leaned back in the chair I was sitting in, looking up at the ceiling for a moment, thinking. "Hrmm...I suppose...That means that Detective Bates would be cleared of all charges. Mind control by Durai...to what end, I wonder. This also leaves me to agree, and suggest, that we interrogate the gnome as well." I then sighed, considering the next move. "Somehow we need to corner him. Let him feel secure, all the while getting closer. Then when it's too late for him, close in, make sure he has nowhere else to possibly go, and grab him. I wonder if it would be possible to use the fort nanites to create an underground network of small anti-teleport field modules around the city?
Image Image

My Deviant Art profile.
Xepharon
Keenspot Despot

Postby OzLionHeart on Sat May 17, 2014 11:33 pm

Fort - Conference Room
"It... sounds like it might be doable," said Cory slowly. "We'd have to get some of the R&D people on to it. As for the interrogation - thank you, Chief Thiess, we'll take you up on that offer. Meg, that's your new assignment."

Meg straightened up, and nodded. "Yes, ma'am." She smiled at Bates, whom she was seated next to, and whispered "If you feel the need of another massage, I can arrange for one without mind-controlling substances involved."

The whisper should not have been heard by anyone else present, but Cory's ears perked up. "Meg, <flirt on your own time, please.>" This last was in Felisari.

Meg's ears turned red. "<Yes, ma'am. Sorry.>"

Cory gave the younger catgirl a gentle smile. "<No harm done.> I'd like you to keep your communicator open during the interrogation, so we can monitor from here. If that's all right with you, Chief."
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Tue May 20, 2014 11:28 pm

Fort - Conference Room
*Detective Bates' face certainly showed interest at Meg's suggestion and though she probably can't understand Felisar, smirk at Cory's comment regardless*

*The Chief tactically ignores the above*

"As long as the suspect agrees, I have no problem," he answers. "Let's go."

On-route
*Meg gets Detective Bates' number and finds out her first name is Laura*

Police Station
*The gnome, at his insistence, was placed in maximum security for his protection. He also has no problem with the Fort listening in, so once he's assured that the Chief isn't currently being possessed and the Bates is no longer controlled, all four are sitting in an interview room*

"This will probably go a lot quicker," the suspect says, addressing Meg, "if you ask a bunch of questions in one post, I'll answer them, then we can continue from there."
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Xepharon on Wed May 28, 2014 12:17 pm

The Fort, Listening Room

Moranz stood, arms crossed. He seemed to be taking quite well to his human form. "So, they seem to be just about ready. You guys are sure you've got listening devices and spells in place to record all that takes place?"

One of the techs nodded. "Absolutely! Once we got permission to listen in, setting up was a breeze!"

"...Excellent."
Image Image

My Deviant Art profile.
Xepharon
Keenspot Despot

Postby OzLionHeart on Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:27 am

Police HQ - Interview Room
Meg nodded, adjusted the barrettes in her hair (which concealed tiny cameras linked to her communicator), and began.

"All right," she said, after running through the formalities, "we know that the DOD has a cell structure. How many cells are there, and what is your own position in the organisation?"
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:35 pm

OzLionHeart wrote:Meg nodded, adjusted the barrettes in her hair (which concealed tiny cameras linked to her communicator), and began.

"All right," she said, after running through the formalities, "we know that the DOD has a cell structure. How many cells are there, and what is your own position in the organisation?"

"I don't know the exact number, but I'll tell you the ones I do know. And my designation os Green Bishop, the Smart Guy in the alpha cell. Or an alpha cell, if there's more than one."
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Xepharon on Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:58 pm

The office that Xeph is at

"Okay, so. Cory. It seems as though things are more or less under control for the moment," I said, making sure to not incur the amusement of any muses, gods, or deities of irony. " It's been ages since I've had any real rest...or coffee... I'm going to get a nap in. Wake me for anything that needs my immediate attention.
Image Image

My Deviant Art profile.
Xepharon
Keenspot Despot

Postby OzLionHeart on Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:54 pm

Fort - Command Office
Cory nodded. "Sure, no problem."

"Well, that's a good start," Meg replied. "How many people are there in your alpha cell? And what are their roles?"
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:44 am

OzLionHeart wrote:"Well, that's a good start," Meg replied. "How many people are there in your alpha cell? And what are their roles?"
"Six. Brian's our Leader, his title is Gold King. Maggie's, that's Ms Westonbury to you, is Red Knight. She provides legal & magical support. You have them both already. Still out their is Jill, Blue Queen, second in command & sniper, Annabelle, Brown Ranger, our medic, and finally Ms Winters, our Black Rook. Speaking of which, you guys sure this place is Elven Ninja proof?"

"The only safer place is the Fort," answers the Chief.

"Let's go there then!" replies the gnome eagerly.

"But the transit isn't."

"Or we could stay here. That's fine too."
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:37 am

Meg certainly did not roll her eyes. She was a trained Intelligence agent, after all. If she did close her eyes briefly, it was most certainly not for the purpose of rolling them behind her eyelids. Not at all.

"I have anti-ninja training, if it matters," she said instead. "I'm reasonably certain that I could hold off even an Elven ninja long enough for backup to arrive. Getting back on track - what do they look like? The ones who are still out there."
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:22 am

OzLionHeart wrote:Meg certainly did not roll her eyes. She was a trained Intelligence agent, after all. If she did close her eyes briefly, it was most certainly not for the purpose of rolling them behind her eyelids. Not at all.

"I have anti-ninja training, if it matters," she said instead. "I'm reasonably certain that I could hold off even an Elven ninja long enough for backup to arrive. Getting back on track - what do they look like? The ones who are still out there."

"Jill's a blue bird woman, Annabelle's a dryad and Ms Winters is a ninja, so no idea. I can give better descriptions to a police artist later. Oh, and none of them have legal identities."
Last edited by Amon Star on Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Xepharon on Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:59 pm

I nodded, grateful, and turned to head to my quarters and rest. It wasn't long before I arrived to my room, pulling out a handful of 25 cent pieces, plopped them on the nightstand, and laid down to nap.

Tech Room, aka Listening Room

Moranz looked over the shoulder of one of the technicians. "You are getting this, correct?"

"Every last detail," replied the tech.

"And the defibrillators?"

"..sir?"

"So we know if and when he is fibbing."

The tech's eyes lit up. "Oh! The Fib Detectors! Yes, that's operational as well."
Image Image

My Deviant Art profile.
Xepharon
Keenspot Despot

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:54 pm

"All right," Meg said after some more time interviewing the gnome. "I think at this point, we might as well call in your police artist, and get some likenesses of the ones on the loose. With both your people and ours looking for them, we should be able to run them down fairly quickly." I hope, she added mentally.
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:17 am

OzLionHeart wrote:Police HQ - Interview Room
"All right," Meg said after some more time interviewing the gnome. "I think at this point, we might as well call in your police artist, and get some likenesses of the ones on the loose. With both your people and ours looking for them, we should be able to run them down fairly quickly." I hope, she added mentally.

OOC Zone
I think a time skip is in order.

General Activity
*Time passes & several DOD members are caught. Some of these later turn out to be mind controlled, others not so. However, many other leads only turn out to be traps, as it appears Durai has had time to prepare some surprises*

*As for the mind control, Durai's methods can be detected and cured. The process is lengthly, so not easy for casual use, but non invasive, so at least he can't infiltrate the police or other institutes anymore*

*Oh, and the Gnome reveals that Durai is also being mind-controlled*

OOC Zone
Ant questions?
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem