Fort Mayhem! Created to Protect The Goonish Worlds!

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: Fort Mayhem! Created to Protect The Goonish Worlds!

Postby Amon Star on Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:38 am

Police HQ - Chief's WC
OzLionHeart wrote:Lia had, over the course of her many years as a Healer, heard a great number of expressions of pain and distress, in many languages. As a result, she was able to tentatively identify the language the Chief had used as German, but didn't understand what he'd actually said (although she could make a guess at what, or rather who, "Plüschtier" meant).

"Come again?"

"Sorry, sorry," states the Chief, coming back to his senses, "having one of my own turn traitor was worse than that plushy being inside me."

*He looks Lia over*

"You're with the Fort, right? Where's Detective Bates? Have you taken her out?"
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
Weapon of Choice: Gilded Boxing Gloves.
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:27 pm

Police HQ - Chief's WC
Lia blinked. "Yes, I'm with the Fort. Detective Bates is, as far as I know, at a crime scene, and we haven't yet had a reason to take her out.

"Now I need to ask you some questions. What happened to you? What do you mean by having a Plushie 'inside' you? And how does Detective Bates come into it?"
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:31 am

Police HQ - Chief's WC
OzLionHeart wrote:Lia blinked. "Yes, I'm with the Fort. Detective Bates is, as far as I know, at a crime scene, and we haven't yet had a reason to take her out.

"Now I need to ask you some questions. What happened to you? What do you mean by having a Plushie 'inside' you? And how does Detective Bates come into it?"

"Bates is MPLF," answers the Chief as he tries to rise, "and Durai was possessing me!"
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Xepharon on Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:11 am

Amon Star wrote:Fort Mayhem, Command Office
"Sir, the man who just stepped out of the van Mr Brian Robson, former chief of security for Channel 5 news. Also, I have those autopsy reports when your ready."

I nodded, "Okay. I want to know why these people are working together. And yes, I would like to see that autopsy report."

I paused as a voice from the comm array spoke up, Cory taking the response.

OzLionHeart wrote:Police HQ - Chief's WC
The catgirl frowned, then tapped her communicator. "Agent 57 to Fort, priority."

The response was prompt. "Cory Deleon here, go ahead."

"I've found Chief Thiess. He appears to be drugged, and needs medical attention."

"Understood. Keep your locator on. Help's on the way. Out."

I touched a viewscreen, bringing it to life. "RAI, I want to see what going on there."

"Sir, I can provide audio, but I have no camera's in that building that I can access without breaching firewalls.

"How'd you show us the crime scene then, without cameras?"

"Satellite arrays, sir, with precision skycams.

"...Naturally. Okay, fine. Patch the audio through here."

A click was heard, and then some chanting by Cory, and a sudden burst of probably profanity in some language he didn't know.

Amon Star wrote:Police HQ - Chief's WC
OzLionHeart wrote:Lia blinked. "Yes, I'm with the Fort. Detective Bates is, as far as I know, at a crime scene, and we haven't yet had a reason to take her out.

"Bates is MPLF," answers the Chief as he tries to rise, "and Durai was possessing me!"

"WHAT?!" I all but yelled. "Dammit, it's like I have to have everyone monitored to know who's good and who's out to get me! Ungh... Okay, I want Spec Ops to keep tabs on EVERYTHING Bates does. Start a file. And as for you, Mr. Swift, I thank you for your services, but I'd like to ask if you can take your case to a less... top level area."

The fox man seemed to eyeball Ms. Westonbury once more before nodding. "Of course, sir. Ms. Westonbury, I'll likely be speaking wit you again soon. Please fare well until then. I do hope to speak with you again at some point on more...friendlier terms." With that, he turned, and made his way to a more appropriate location.

I sighed, sitting back down, "...I am so glad that sound filtration keeps certain things from going through the transmissions..."
Image Image

"Anyone can be honest with everybody, but true honesty begins with being honest with yourself. This however, is likely one of the most difficult of tasks for the human mind to perform." - Me, as far as I know.

"You see those? Those are actual things that are from actual famous people." - Jake R

My Deviant Art profile.
Proud Owner of an Evolution Gun
Xepharon
Keenspot Despot

Postby Amon Star on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:34 am

Fort Mayhem, Command Office
Xepharon wrote:I nodded, "Okay. I want to know why these people are working together. And yes, I would like to see that autopsy report."

"Sir, Kel officially gave Durai all his assets, so that would obviously include his old personnel. As for the autopsy, the only thing of significance is that Carl Smith's, a former member of the DF turn MPLF, brain showed signs of being tampered with. It is most likely Durai is using the mind control cream that Trope Co sells."

Xepharon wrote:I touched a viewscreen, bringing it to life. "RAI, I want to see what going on there."

"Sir, I can provide audio, but I have no camera's in that building that I can access without breaching firewalls.

"How'd you show us the crime scene then, without cameras?"

"Satellite arrays, sir, with precision skycams.

"...Naturally. Okay, fine. Patch the audio through here."

A click was heard, and then some chanting by Cory, and a sudden burst of probably profanity in some language he didn't know.

"WHAT?!" I all but yelled. "Dammit, it's like I have to have everyone monitored to know who's good and who's out to get me! Ungh... Okay, I want Spec Ops to keep tabs on EVERYTHING Bates does. Start a file. And as for you, Mr. Swift, I thank you for your services, but I'd like to ask if you can take your case to a less... top level area."

The fox man seemed to eyeball Ms. Westonbury once more before nodding. "Of course, sir. Ms. Westonbury, I'll likely be speaking wit you again soon. Please fare well until then. I do hope to speak with you again at some point on more...friendlier terms." With that, he turned, and made his way to a more appropriate location.

I sighed, sitting back down, "...I am so glad that sound filtration keeps certain things from going through the transmissions..."

"Sir, Detective Bates has just arrived on scene. Should we take her out?"

Meanwhile, at the Negotiations Site
*The hologram temporarily flickers out in front of Ms Westonbury, so the lawyer turns to Detective Bates*

"Officer, my clients has been detained by the DF once more overstepping its bounds," declares the Elf.

"Was Durai involved?"

"He is, to my knowledge, no where in the vicinity."

"Enough with the lawyer talk. Was Durai, the self declared super villain and leader of the MPLF, involved in anyway in this incident."

"The DF claims so, but..."

"Chief Theiss requested their aid in dealing with the Plushie, therefore, they were acting as deputies. Is that satisfactory?"

"For the time being. Though they will have to prove this later."

"Of course."

*The assistant Chief turns to the other officers*

"OK, people, you know the drill."

*As the other officers start handcuffing and the reading of the rights, Bates turns back to Westonbury*

"I take it you will be accompanying your clients."

"Of course," is the answer, as the lawyer walks off to join the prisoners.

"Good job, boys and girls," Bates says the Df personnel present, before turning to walk away herself.

*One of the soldiers radio's in the latest developments*
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Xepharon on Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:01 pm

Crossing my arms I thought for a moment, watching the situation.

"...No. Not yet. I want a tag on her though. One that she doesn't know is there, obviously. I want her to think she's been able to get away with whatever she thinks she is. Something is just not right...RAI, you mentioned something about mind control cream? Is there ANY chance at all, that Detective Bates could be affected with something of the like? ...Or what about Chief Theiss? He said something about being possessed. See if we can't...No, better yet..."

I picked up my COMM device and quickly typed out a message, and sent it.

Code: Select all
Cory, while Bates is away, I want to lay a trap. We currently do not have evidence that Bates is MPLF. She did seem to know that Chief Theiss was literally tied up, though. I have no doubt she'll want to check up on the Chief once she returns from the scene. Can you persuade him to put on the act a little longer? See if you can catch her in the act of knowing he's being held, and intentionally not helping? If she catches you, you guys could have just arrived there to help. But if she really is MPLF...I want her apprehended.

-Xeph
Image Image

"Anyone can be honest with everybody, but true honesty begins with being honest with yourself. This however, is likely one of the most difficult of tasks for the human mind to perform." - Me, as far as I know.

"You see those? Those are actual things that are from actual famous people." - Jake R

My Deviant Art profile.
Xepharon
Keenspot Despot

Postby OzLionHeart on Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:35 am

Cory's Office
Cory thought this was a great idea, and forwarded it to the duo on the scene.

Police HQ - Chief's Bathroom
The catgirl stuck her head in the door. "Aunt Lia? The Brass wants us to set up a trap for the deputy."

"Yes Meg, I got the message too." Lia turned to the Chief, and briefly explained the idea to him. "So, are you up to this? It may be our best chance to catch your deputy and fin out what's going on."
Image Image Image Image

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:06 am

OzLionHeart wrote:The catgirl stuck her head in the door. "Aunt Lia? The Brass wants us to set up a trap for the deputy."

"Yes Meg, I got the message too." Lia turned to the Chief, and briefly explained the idea to him. "So, are you up to this? It may be our best chance to catch your deputy and fin out what's going on."

"Hmm, I understand," he grumbles. "Gag & bind me again. I pretend the sedation has warn off."
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:04 pm

"Allow me," said Meg, stepping forward. In moments, she had the Chief secured as close to how he was before as she could manage. Although she did add one difference:

"This is a trick knot," she explained. "If you need to free yourself, just tug on this loop here, and it will all come loose."

Lia raised an eyebrow. "Dare I ask where you learned that?"

Meg shrugged. "Agent training covers a lot of unlikely contingencies. If we had more time, I'd show you a trick for doing this to yourself."

"Another time, I think," Lia replied. "Right now, we're about to have company, so it's time we made ourselves disappear." Lia turned, and vanished into a ripple in the air.

Meg nodded, then turned to the bound Chief. "I'll be back in just a moment, sir. Once your deputy arrives, I'll knock on the door, wanting to speak with you."

With that, she turned and slipped out of the bathroom, then the office.

Once outside, she headed back toward the entrance to the Police HQ, where she slipped out to await the arrival of the deputy.
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:48 am

Police HQ
OzLionHeart wrote:"Allow me," said Meg, stepping forward. In moments, she had the Chief secured as close to how he was before as she could manage. Although she did add one difference:

"This is a trick knot," she explained. "If you need to free yourself, just tug on this loop here, and it will all come loose."

Lia raised an eyebrow. "Dare I ask where you learned that?"

Meg shrugged. "Agent training covers a lot of unlikely contingencies. If we had more time, I'd show you a trick for doing this to yourself."

"Another time, I think," Lia replied. "Right now, we're about to have company, so it's time we made ourselves disappear." Lia turned, and vanished into a ripple in the air.

Meg nodded, then turned to the bound Chief. "I'll be back in just a moment, sir. Once your deputy arrives, I'll knock on the door, wanting to speak with you."

With that, she turned and slipped out of the bathroom, then the office.

Once outside, she headed back toward the entrance to the Police HQ, where she slipped out to await the arrival of the deputy.

*Outside, the arresting party soon arrives*

"OK boys and guys, you puts these guys in the cages, I'll get started on the paperwork."

*As the suspects are led off, Bates turns to Westonbury*

"And I assume you will be barrages us with your usual complaints," she teases, before walking off.

*The Elf just gives her a Look, but follows anyway*

*Moments later they are both in the Chief's office, and moments after that, Meg knocks on the door*

"Come," calls the Deputy.
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:50 am

Police HQ - Chief's Office
Meg opened the door and came in. Without the "nondescript filter", she was a catgirl of average height, with an athletic figure, grey-brown fur, dark hair, and amber eyes. She was dressed casually, in dark blue shorts and a white tank top.

"Hello," she said cheerily. "My name is Meg Walters. I have an appointment to see Chief Thiess."
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:39 am

•Bates looks confused•

"Let me check his itinery," she states.

•She begins typing•
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:50 pm

Bates will discover that Meg does indeed have an appointment, listed as being for right now.
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Xepharon on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:26 pm

Meanwhile...

I looked to RAI, from the holograph display of the Chief's office. "RAI? How's that appointment setup coming?"

"Just fine, sir. I actually began adjusting the itinerary approximately 0.012 seconds after the idea was mentioned."

"You scare me sometimes."

"This from the man who can alter threading. What I do is nothing compared."

I gave an odd look. "...Huh?"

((Title of this post - It was late; I was tired))
Image Image

My Deviant Art profile.
Xepharon
Keenspot Despot

Postby Amon Star on Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:51 pm

OzLionHeart wrote:Bates will discover that Meg does indeed have an appointment, listed as being for right now.

"That's odd," says Bates. "Well, I'm afraid the chief is... tied up at the moment. So I'll have to reschedule you."

*Again, there was that paused look of confusion when she said 'tied up'*
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:07 pm

"Well, why don't you just go and untie him?" Meg suggested, with a cheery smile that had entirely too many sharp pointy teeth in it. "I'll wait."
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:00 pm

OzLionHeart wrote:"Well, why don't you just go and untie him?" Meg suggested, with a cheery smile that had entirely too many sharp pointy teeth in it. "I'll wait."

*Detective Bates freezes, literally freezes, her as if in deep shock*

*Then the door to the toilet swings open and the chief steps out*

"I've heard enough. Bates, Westonbury, you're un...," he begins, but is interrupted by Westonbury fireballing Meg.
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:54 pm

Meg was knocked off her feet by the fireball, but uninjured. She quickly recovered, and lunged forward, the charred remains of her clothing falling to the floor as she caught Ms. Westonbury in a flying tackle, pinning her against the opposite wall.
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:36 pm

OzLionHeart wrote:Meg was knocked off her feet by the fireball, but uninjured. She quickly recovered, and lunged forward, the charred remains of her clothing falling to the floor as she caught Ms. Westonbury in a flying tackle, pinning her against the opposite wall.

*Westonbury is stunned from the impact*

*Bates starts going for her gun, but is tackled by the chief in-turn*
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Xepharon on Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:13 pm

Xeph's Office

"Just what the hell is going on over there?!" I all but shouted, listening to the sounds of sudden noise and fwooshes.

"I'm not sure exactly sir, but sound patterns do indicate possible use of magic, probably fire. But we have two of our best operatives over there currently."

"...I know. I just worry."
Image Image

My Deviant Art profile.
Xepharon
Keenspot Despot

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:02 pm

Xeph's Office
"Well, of course you worry," Cory said from the connecting door between her own office and Xeph's. "That's one of the things that makes you a good boss."

She came in, and put a paw on his shoulder. "The other side of that, though, is trust. You have to trust that your people know what to do, and will do it. And we do have good people on this."

She smiled a slightly feral smile. "As for what's going on - my guess is that someone just found out that Meg is fireproof. And highly resistant to fire-based magics."

Meg bounced to her feet, grabbed a pair of handcuffs from the the Chief's desk, and applied them to Ms Westonbury.
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:57 pm

OzLionHeart wrote:Meg bounced to her feet, grabbed a pair of handcuffs from the the Chief's desk, and applied them to Ms Westonbury.

*As the lawyer is being cuffed, the Chief is just finishing doing the same to Bates*

"This makes no sense," he states, more to himself than anyone else, "not is Detective Bates the last person to work for the MPLF, but there's no way an old man like me could ever beat her in a fist fight."

*He looks at his prisoner, who has a blank look on her face*

"So what is going on here?"
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Xepharon on Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:06 pm

Xeph's Office

OzLionHeart wrote:She came in, and put a paw on his shoulder. "The other side of that, though, is trust. You have to trust that your people know what to do, and will do it. And we do have good people on this."

I turned my head, looking at the paw that was reassuring. "I know. And I do trust them to get it done, and they will. I still feel concern for the safety of those I place in a potentially dangerous situation, even if they know the risks."

The Audio of the Police Station Incident wrote:"This makes no sense," he states, more to himself than anyone else, "not only is Detective Bates the last person to work for the MPLF, but there's no way an old man like me could ever beat her in a fist fight."

*He looks at his prisoner, who has a blank look on her face*

"So what is going on here?"

"Hrmm..." I thought out loud...sort of. "I wonder...Maybe... what if there really is a chance she isn't herself... possession? What if she's really not at fault... Do we even have anything the check for that sort of thing? What do you think, Cory?"
Image Image

My Deviant Art profile.
Xepharon
Keenspot Despot

Postby Amon Star on Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:39 pm

Xeph's Office
Xepharon wrote:"Hrmm..." I thought out loud...sort of. "I wonder...Maybe... what if there really is a chance she isn't herself... possession? What if she's really not at fault... Do we even have anything the check for that sort of thing? What do you think, Cory?"

"If I may, sir. We know that the MPLF have subverted at least one of ours through mind-control. If it's the same method, then we can detect and correct it, though this does involve a lengthy examination."
My RP Characters

Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Xepharon on Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:05 pm

Amon Star wrote:Xeph's Office
"If I may, sir. We know that the MPLF have subverted at least one of ours through mind-control. If it's the same method, then we can detect and correct it, though this does involve a lengthy examination."

"What would you define as "lengthy", RAI?"
Image Image

My Deviant Art profile.
Xepharon
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem