MKRP signup thread (Push forward! Direction is optional.)

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Re: MKRP signup thread (Forward!)

Postby anti-paragon on Sun May 30, 2010 9:14 pm

I should mention that I'll be very sporadic on here until some more inconvenient than irritating circumstances clear up for me. I have no clue when this might happen.
I'll likely still be on every day, however, so I won't vanish, I just won't be as attentive.
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby anti-paragon on Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:46 am

Anquis wrote:((Hi, sorry for vanishing for so long. Ended up focusing all my time on major assignments. Is it alright if I join in again?))

Yes, that's fine. I'm not sure when you left, but it's currently fairly early into a new day. Probably around 9:30, I think...
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:53 am

Ty was here for breakfast, so it's not long after that. Ann & Co. have just finished theirs.
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:06 am

If you want, just say you were helping Roan clean up in the kitchen, or cooking or something. ^^
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby anti-paragon on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:49 am

Maybe Lee and Roan's cooking is THAT GOOD.
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:59 am

Well, Lee does have thirty or forty years of experience... :wink:
Image Image Image Image

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Anquis on Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:19 pm

Awesome, thanks ^^
Anquis
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby SleepyOrigami on Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:17 pm

OKAY!!! YOSH! I have just gone on a researching binge and put together a comprehensive description of Lake Tower:

http://editthis.info/egs_mayhem/Lake_Tower_(MKRP)

First, I used the search filter to find and read all MKRP posts containing +Tower +Vor -Sage

Next, I used the search filter to find and read all MKRP posts containing +Lora's

After that I " " " " containing +Lake +Tower.

Then, I " " " " containing +dinghy.

etc. etc.

Enjoy the fruits of my labor.
Too bad this style of reading doesn't really lend itself to filling in the Backstory pages. It was quite a bit of reading.

Anyways, I do this as part of my standard preparation for entering an unmanned structure. I guess my point is that I plan to have Steve and Andri enter Vor's tower and do a bit of "exploring". I guess reading the wiki entry is like having spoilers so don't go a reading it if you want to be surprised. I suppose.

===============================

EDIT: This section removed for reasons of spoiler.
Those aren't children; they're packets of cream cheese. -SGC2C
"I steal things. <.< >.>"~TingYi, Sept 17, 2010
I stole my current avatar from: here
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:49 am

Another chunk of the synopsis has been completed. This covers most of the second expedition into the depths of Ann's mind.
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Re: MKRP signup thread (Announcementation)

Postby anti-paragon on Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:23 pm

Hey guys,
I just wanted to let you know I'm currently in no-internet-land and doubt I'll have a quick out. I'm lucky to be making this post! I have no idea how long I'll be in this situation, but no doubt it will be longer than a week. No more than a month, but that's just a guess.

Sorry! Not that you're feeling the brunt of the inconvenience here. Believe me...
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby Drayco on Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:21 pm

Uhhh... right. Since it's been asked, and since people like pinging Art's radar a lot with it, I think I should just clarify a definition, since it's starting to confuse me a lot.

As far as Art and the reality mages go, a Reality Distortion is something happening that Should Not Be or Cannot Happen within the bounds of the world it's happening in. So in a world where teleportation is impossible, successfully using it would be a Distortion. In a world with no known possible magic or supernatural phenomena, such as a giant eldritch horror appearing in our real world las vegas, that would be a Distortion. "Something Weird" doesn't really qualify unless it's actually normally Impossible for it to happen. The Wastes, while normally under ANY circumstances would be a Distortion, here are a viable part of the world, so they're not. And likewise, as much as it may seem to fit, I would say most "Random Chaos Stuff" that goes on does not qualify.

The flamingo warp machine whoosawhatsit deal is even stretching it quite a bit given the explanation for it, but I'll play along this time since it's already been established as something. @_@

I don't mean to be picky, but if anyone else is going to go DISTORTION! from now on, please run it by me first, or at least ask something along the lines of "is this one" before you assume it is? I love spontaneous character stuff but the concept of them is the core of the character's motivations, and has a LOT to do with how he'll react to something. Among other things, it can mean the difference between whether he senses it at all or not, or whether he's willing to use his powers to their fullest, or whether or not he's allowed to bypass major restrictions on them. Not to mention a number of personal issues, the largest of which Lee is likely on the fast track to finding out.

This has been an MPSA.

As for the monocle, it traces back as far as they've been in this world, however it's literally just a trail. The trail immediately identifies who it belongs to (usually), but otherwise it doesn't say much. The monocle also has a number of other random features though, most of them the type of stuff Tedd has in his glasses.
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby SleepyOrigami on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:26 am

Thats why I asked the question in an OOC note. I figured it'd be up to you to make such determinations. I certainly still have no clue what all qualifies, but that's me. My basis for guessing that it might apply here is that it sounded similar enough to the flamingo (a former spatial distortion device?) that it might cause confusion. Especially since they are both pink. *shurgs*

I also wasn't so much trying to ping Art as I was simply having Igor follow Lee. Its just their paths were about to cross rather coincidentally and I just wanted you to have all the information needed to make an informed judgment. I mean after all, the character traits I described OOC weren't made up in a spur of the moment type deal. Igor may have only recently joined the RP but the full details of his bio have been posted for many many months.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Drayco on Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:41 am

Nah mostly all the pinging has been Amon. Like ping pong. XD

Art's reaction to Igor is more along the lines of "WTF"
And random links:
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:47 am

Which, by an amazing coincidence, is almost exactly Lee's reaction to having his her spell achieving the opposite effect to what it's supposed to. :wink:
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:33 am

Drayco wrote:Uhhh... right. Since it's been asked, and since people like pinging Art's radar a lot with it, I think I should just clarify a definition, since it's starting to confuse me a lot.

As far as Art and the reality mages go, a Reality Distortion is something happening that Should Not Be or Cannot Happen within the bounds of the world it's happening in. So in a world where teleportation is impossible, successfully using it would be a Distortion. In a world with no known possible magic or supernatural phenomena, such as a giant eldritch horror appearing in our real world las vegas, that would be a Distortion. "Something Weird" doesn't really qualify unless it's actually normally Impossible for it to happen. The Wastes, while normally under ANY circumstances would be a Distortion, here are a viable part of the world, so they're not. And likewise, as much as it may seem to fit, I would say most "Random Chaos Stuff" that goes on does not qualify.

The flamingo warp machine whoosawhatsit deal is even stretching it quite a bit given the explanation for it, but I'll play along this time since it's already been established as something. @_@

I don't mean to be picky, but if anyone else is going to go DISTORTION! from now on, please run it by me first, or at least ask something along the lines of "is this one" before you assume it is? I love spontaneous character stuff but the concept of them is the core of the character's motivations, and has a LOT to do with how he'll react to something. Among other things, it can mean the difference between whether he senses it at all or not, or whether he's willing to use his powers to their fullest, or whether or not he's allowed to bypass major restrictions on them. Not to mention a number of personal issues, the largest of which Lee is likely on the fast track to finding out.

This has been an MPSA.

Don't worry, every time I've wrote Reality Distortion it has meant something that Is Just Wrong. Even if whatever it turns out to be doing conforms to local laws, the way it's doing it doesn't. It is a complex puzzle I've constructed, with many pieces, but they do all fit together.
OzLionHeart wrote:Which, by an amazing coincidence, is almost exactly Lee's reaction to having his her spell achieving the opposite effect to what it's supposed to. :wink:

What? The spell increases her awareness, which is exactly what happened.
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
Weapon of Choice: Gilded Boxing Gloves.
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby anti-paragon on Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:41 am

I'll state that dimensional travelers are pretty uncommon worldly but do happen. Also, the wastes may be foreign, but they do obey local universal laws. It is basically a big dimensional traveler itself. One that you can't send back because that universe, while infinite, is completely full. Hmm. I have to find my notes on the wastes again. I though I'd need them if someone tried to research the wastes but no one bothered. Don't do it now, though! Because I don't have my notes. Not that I'd really need them, I think.

Anyway, ramble ramble. If anyone has a question as to what is 'normal' for this world, go ahead and ask and I'll do my best to answer or think of a way that it could work the way you want.
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby ChroniclerC on Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:42 pm

Well, Likal tried to research them, but it ended poorly for him.
Image Image Image
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity

Postby anti-paragon on Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:28 pm

Oh. Right. Point.
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby Amon Star on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:02 am

anti-paragon wrote:I'll state that dimensional travelers are pretty uncommon worldly but do happen. Also, the wastes may be foreign, but they do obey local universal laws. It is basically a big dimensional traveler itself. One that you can't send back because that universe, while infinite, is completely full. Hmm. I have to find my notes on the wastes again. I though I'd need them if someone tried to research the wastes but no one bothered. Don't do it now, though! Because I don't have my notes. Not that I'd really need them, I think.

John-Luke is planning on studying them. He thinks being on the inside will give him an advantage over the other Mad Scientists doing it. Also, he has his own theories on the Waste, which will no doubt prove wrong, judging by what you just said.
My RP Characters

My Battle Cry: "I'm going to bruise you until you taste like chicken, and dip you in uranium!!"
Weapon of Choice: Gilded Boxing Gloves.
anti-paragon wrote:Besides, does Keenspot really want vagabond bunnies raving through the forums, huddling near flamewars to keep warm and eating the offal of slain strips?
Amon Star
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ChroniclerC on Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:42 am

Likal has some theories as to why so many dimensional travelers are ending up stuck inside this little pocket of chaos.
Image Image Image
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity

Postby SleepyOrigami on Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:41 pm

anti-paragon wrote:I'll state that dimensional travelers are pretty uncommon worldly but do happen. Also, the wastes may be foreign, but they do obey local universal laws. It is basically a big dimensional traveler itself. One that you can't send back because that universe, while infinite, is completely full. Hmm. I have to find my notes on the wastes again. I though I'd need them if someone tried to research the wastes but no one bothered. Don't do it now, though! Because I don't have my notes. Not that I'd really need them, I think.

Anyway, ramble ramble. If anyone has a question as to what is 'normal' for this world, go ahead and ask and I'll do my best to answer or think of a way that it could work the way you want.

It's on my list of things to do to have Steve wander ignorantly into the wastes at some point seeing as he thinks it looks enchantingly beautiful and no one has told him any better.

But Steve's got a long list of stuff to do. First of which was get Igor into the RP (April 23, 2009 to September 21, 2010: 516 days)... That took a lot longer than I thought it did.

SleepyOrigami wrote:Igor may have only recently joined the RP but the full details of his bio have been posted for many many months.

Try 1.8 years my friend. :roll:

Next he's gotta spend a few IRL years seeking a cure for his Yoshi transformation. After that he'll go unearth a cave on the mountain side for him and Igor to live in. Then they'll explore that area thoroughly and then setup a stone crafts and masonry type shop.

Perhaps in the next decade or so after he's been well established over at the mountain, then and only then might he wander into the wastes and see what happens. Things worth doing are worth doing well, and I enjoy very much the idea (if not always the practice) of patiently executing a long term well thought out plan.
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mdm on Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:31 am

I know it's been over a year since I said I was going to come back, AP, and that nothing came of it the first time, but now I'm sure I do want to come back. I'll dredge up Albert's profile for you and edit into this post when I find it.
mdm
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:24 am

Another section of the backstory synopsis completed.

This covers the preparations for the party, up to the point where folks arrive at the park. (Pages 325-350, for those interested.)
Image Image Image Image

OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby SleepyOrigami on Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:50 pm

Another section of the backstory synopsis completed, and I did it all, save the first page, in a single day. It was good stress relief.

These pages almost all take place at the party. (Pages 351-375.)
here
P.S. I like turtles
SleepyOrigami
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Tyveras on Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:41 am

Sooo, would anyone mind if I tried to rejoin the RP?
There is only one constant in this universe: Irony
Tyveras
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Mayhem