MKRP signup thread (Push forward! Direction is optional.)

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

MKRP signup thread (Push forward! Direction is optional.)

Postby anti-paragon on Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:06 am

I was going to ressurect the MKRP signup thread, but then I remembered it never had one. So, hey, it gets a bright and shiney one!

Map by Ineluki. Click image for readable size.

Mossy Knoll RP
Wiki

General Thread information.:
MKRP is a loose RP thread with a 'small town' where interaction with other players is meant to be casual and fun. The RP is set in a persistent world, where constructions stay even years after their original makers have left the thread*. Players can come and go as they please, can do what they please in the small town, and can even build a house where they choose; either from one of the house plots scattered around town, or built (or made) on free areas nearby. This thread is not meant to be a 'primary RP thread', so to speak. This is just a fun way to pass the time. There is never any 'plotline' set in stone; people may just make things up on a whim or may simply go about the day talking to people.

Most notably: this is a great place for people new to RPing to get the feel of things before hopping into a more strict RP!

That being said, there are a few rules and guidelines for this thread:
- While it does occasionally happen, violence is usually frowned upon.
- Doing things to people without their consent is usually asking for trouble.
- Ruining other people's fun usually isn't smart.
- No one is to be stronger than Sage, the resident demi-god of knowledge.

*If something is ridiculous, chances are the characters (and NPCs) will see it as a nuisance and take it down.

What kind of characters are accepted here?
Just about all characters are welcome here. Characters can be silly, prude, magical, technological, sentient statues, blobs of goo - anything. All walks of life are accepted. All imported characters are generally accepted. The only red tape is showing a bio to the current GM.

That being said, this town is meant to be a place that anyone can find relaxation at, whether you bring one of your characters from another RP, make a new one specifically for this place, or just being an imaginary doppelganger of yourself.

This thread is a spinoff of the late War! thread, taking place in the War thread world as if no war ever happened. If you wish to make a new character from this dimension, feel free to ask for some info on the background of this world. Starting a character from this setting is a good way to learn how to make characters from a strict setting, as the world of the War! thread was quite defined.

(Shortened) Plot History:
Since there was no war, Kraggi, the leader of Gal-Zabor, and his daughter, Ann, went out to explore the vast barren lands of the great wastes; a land corrupted by chaotic magics that few can go into and return from. Using airborne reconnaissance to say out of the twisted magic's harmful grasp, they found a small section of land that remained shielded and untouched by the wastes. After making sure the area was able to support life, the skeleton of a small town was built on the site, and Mossy Knoll was born.

Word got out of the isolated spot and some thought it would be an excellent spot to spend a holiday, far from their 'normal' lives and freely protected by the wastes to remain undisturbed. Some of the inhabitants of Mossy Knoll had always lived there. Others have found themselves coming here through less conventional means, or even by accident. But those whom come in find a relaxing little getaway to spend at least a few peaceful days in.
Last edited by anti-paragon on Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:33 am, edited 15 times in total.
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Re: MKRP signup thread

Postby Loztein on Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:36 am

anti-paragon wrote:Join today and we'll give you a 50% discount on prezels at the general store!

Discount? Okay I'll join!

Hmm... I'll just play a few of my Guys from The FKW.
Atleast I got Chicken.
Urbaniacs!
Brains
Quote of Boredom: "Great, now we’ve got a mummy on the loose, and the son of a b**** knows how to drive a stick"
– Burton Guster, from Psych
Loztein
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: A time someone of my sort just does not seem to belong...

Re: MKRP signup thread

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:10 am

anti-paragon wrote:I was going to ressurect the MKRP signup thread, but then I remembered it never had one. So, hey, it gets a bright and shiney one!
... The original Goal of MKRP was to have a place to post while the War thread was on hiatus, but since then, this easy-going thread has grown as large as it's predecessor.

Actually, MKRP is currently bigger than War (578 pages against 456 for War). Just thought I'd mention that...

With all this said, I think this is a spot that any one can have a little relaxation at, wether you bring one of your characters from another RP, make a new one specifically for this place, or just be you. This is a great place for people new to RPing to get the feel of things before hopping into a more strict RP.

Join today and we'll give you a 50% discount on prezels at the general store!

Sounds good. Got room for a dimension-hopping catguy/intinerant artist?

I'm thinking of having Lee pop up there - it's the sort of place he'd be attracted to.
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby anti-paragon on Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:06 am

Yup! Both will be fine. Though, Loztein, are you going to bring those guys from this universe or another one? The ones in this universe didn't go into any war. Either way is fine, though the ones from another universe might be looking at Kraggi wierd.. er than usual.
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby eternaljwh on Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:15 am

Worth mentioning, Grassvale [I think] started as an april fools' spinoff of MKRP?
eternaljwh
Keenspot Transcendent

Location: Utilizing cartoon physics to stay hanging one foot below the end of my rope.

Postby VOR on Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:56 am

It did. I was there. And MKRP started out more as an attempt to siphon RPing out of LPW than anything else. The attempt, I'm happy to say, failed horribly. It did make a really big really fun RP in and of itself, though, so all was good.

Non-fighty characters are generally preferred, I assume (the little town has a ridiculously effective law-enforcement agency, so if you go about attacking other characters you're gonna get clobbered by Death), but anything goes and the more the merrier!

...provided it's okay with AP. Who is still the GM, despite the fact that that power's only been needed to be used once or twice.
"But first, I must meditate for a time." -Mahasamatman
VOR
Keenspot Deity

Postby ChroniclerC on Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:06 am

Personaly, I'm rather against new characters this late in the RP, but I think I'm the newest player in MKRP, so that's a little hypocritical of me. Also, those who know me well enough know that I'm fairly xenophobic, so feel free to ignore me. :nervous: Anyways, just be sure to read back a couple dozen pages (reading the whole thing would be insane) to get a gist of who's who and what's going on and I'll be fairly happy.

I wonder if I should put up some kind of profile and backstory for this Likal. It might make somethings make a little more sense.
Image Image Image
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity

Postby eternaljwh on Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:07 am

I will smite your turtle and raise you a herring.
eternaljwh
Keenspot Transcendent

Location: Utilizing cartoon physics to stay hanging one foot below the end of my rope.

Postby ChroniclerC on Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:08 am

Mmmm... Herring... *drags out a grill*
Image Image Image
ChroniclerC
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:21 am

I've been in MKRP before, but it wasn't very long...I may or may not re-join here with a different character than before, but since the character is definitely going to be appearing quite differently I'm sure she'll know hardly anything about who's who and what's going on.^^;

{Character Bio Below}

Name: Sera Trusdai aka 'Sera'
Height: 6' even
Hair: brown, straight hair that doesn't get messy at all
Eyes: dark blue in color, much like a star sapphire

Clothes: wears a pauldron over her left shoulder, straps running across her chest and back to tie it in place. Under that she has on a long-sleeve blue sweat-shirt that fans out at the ends of her arms. She wears grey jean-pants that flare out quite a lot at the bottom, which hardly hide the large gooy-looking shoes that hold at least three pieces of armor on 'em.

Gear: A weapon called 'Keyblade' that manifests at will, the pauldron, clothes and a spare pack of stuff in a large duffel bag. Oh, and a Gummi Ship that resembles something of the R-Type ship with a re-colorization to be green, blue and purple instead.

History: An inter-dimensional traveler, she's been drifting along the space between planets and worlds constantly, enjoying the sights she's seen so far. Her recent turn of events led her here, though landing looks to have left her stranded a bit...

Edit:
Abilities: Aside from the obvious Keyblade-summoning ability and the skill of crafting nearly anything from Gummi Parts, Sera's abilities are somewhat limited. She can cast only low-level Fire, Blizzard, Aero, Thunder and Cure spells without her keyblade. With it, the spells are greater but she often uses them without the keyblade 'cause it's a lot cooler to be able to literally light a candle by touch rather than just fire a wad of fire at it. Without the keyblade, all spells are touch range with the exception of manifesting the energy needed at which then it just needs to touch the element. In some cases the spells can backfire, causing hilarious or not-so-humorous results(depends on the spell used and how employed).
Last edited by Atashi-Cloud on Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby anti-paragon on Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:22 am

*pats CC on his head* Don't worry. I'll make sure nothing that's already there vanishes. The new people will add. <strike>Besides, Atashi gave the best example of how characters can come and go</strike> Ninjar'd, and I've already proven that I will handle people who do cause trouble.

I, personally, don't think anyone needs to read too far back. Theres only a few things I'd really prefer people to do.

Please make a bio, or point me to one. I'll need a one, however small, even if you're using your persona/fursona.

Secondly, check out the mappy. Mappy tells you where things are. Mappy is your friend.

Thirdly, if you don't know what it is, don't intrude, just ask. If you want ot know what something looks like on the outside or where someone is, ask someone OOC, if you want to join a conversation or use/enter something that belongs ot someone else, ask IC.
Politeness is your friend too.

Again, wit hthe asking thing, keep in mind that some people don't check this thread as often as everyone else, and we can't be there every day. Even Lomgren has to take the odd day off the forums, which usually leads to him going into withdraws... and vicious attacks on people with laptops... and then there was that one time when- er, anyway, a little patience goes a long way. As a last resort, you can always make up an excuse to leave and visit someone else if they're taking far, far too long.

Anything else need covering? Oh, yes. *gets out some OMGBBQ sause for the herring*
There, now everything is covered.
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:27 am

*brings out a bottle of SECRETNAZIOMGWTFBBQ sauce* sorry, had this one sitting around for a while...it's really good stuff, just make sure it doesn't create another Hitler.^^;

that being said, I guess I'll take some time today to create and propose a bio...*goes off to start consulting different ideas*
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby anti-paragon on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:34 pm

Atashi-Cloud wrote:{Character Bio Below}

Name: Sera Trusdai aka 'Sera'
Height: 6' even
Hair: brown, straight hair that doesn't get messy at all
Eyes: dark blue in color, much like a star sapphire

Clothes: wears a pauldron over her left shoulder, straps running across her chest and back to tie it in place. Under that she has on a long-sleeve blue sweat-shirt that fans out at the ends of her arms. She wears grey jean-pants that flare out quite a lot at the bottom, which hardly hide the large gooy-looking shoes that hold at least three pieces of armor on 'em.

Gear: A weapon called 'Keyblade' that manifests at will, the pauldron, clothes and a spare pack of stuff in a large duffel bag. Oh, and a Gummi Ship that resembles something of the R-Type ship with a re-colorization to be green, blue and purple instead.

History: An inter-dimensional traveler, she's been drifting along the space between planets and worlds constantly, enjoying the sights she's seen so far. Her recent turn of events led her here, though landing looks to have left her stranded a bit...

Looks good. Feel free to drop in any time.
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:36 pm

All righty, just not sure what's going on with the change in temperature there...>.>; though I can hazard a guess.....
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby anti-paragon on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:39 pm

What, Ann and Rose? That's not a temperature change....
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:43 pm

:o :shifty: :smug: :evilgrin:

ah...that's what I thought..... :lol:
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby anti-paragon on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:45 pm

Oh! You just reminded me that I completely forgot to say something on there! Thanks Atashi.
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby Lohti on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:46 pm

ya know, I saw the name of this thread for the first time right now, and I thought it was a mortal kombat RP.... to the point that I yelled "MORTAL KOMBAT!!" and began scatting the theme song..... just to be silly. :lol:
Farewell, Berk, and ride off into the sunset.
-------------------------------------------------
Hiten Mitsurugi style Caramell-dansen!
Lohti
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby eternaljwh on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:49 pm

It's named after the town, Mossy Knoll! Really!

Seriously!

I mean it! :shifty:
eternaljwh
Keenspot Transcendent

Meow!

Postby Loztein on Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:26 pm

anti-paragon wrote:Yup! Both will be fine. Though, Loztein, are you going to bring those guys fro m this universe or another one? The ones in this universe didn't go into any war. Either way is fine, though the ones from another universe might be looking at Kraggi wierd.. er than usual.

The Ones from MKRP naturally, maybe with an alternate popping up if for whatever reason a temporary "BadGuy" is needed or I just want to make someone feel rather uneasy. {Besides if I had Ith Garne from The original FKW there'd be a good chance for a War, or atleast some good 'ol fashioned bloodshed. :wink: }
Atleast I got Chicken.
Urbaniacs!
Brains
Quote of Boredom: "Great, now we’ve got a mummy on the loose, and the son of a b**** knows how to drive a stick"
Loztein
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Meow!

Postby anti-paragon on Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:28 pm

Loztein wrote:
anti-paragon wrote:Yup! Both will be fine. Though, Loztein, are you going to bring those guys fro m this universe or another one? The ones in this universe didn't go into any war. Either way is fine, though the ones from another universe might be looking at Kraggi wierd.. er than usual.

The Ones from MKRP naturally, maybe with an alternate popping up if for whatever reason a temporary "BadGuy" is needed or I just want to make someone feel rather uneasy. {Besides if I had Ith Garne from The original FKW there'd be a good chance for a War, or atleast some good 'ol fashioned bloodshed. :wink: }

Nah, no war. Sanje and Sage join together to form voltron... of knowledge. you lose.
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby Loztein on Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:33 pm

Weird, but Ith was just pretending to follow Sanje, he followed Morfazar, (Which explains quite abit of the stuff he done that we never got to in the RP) didn't you know?

But seeing as in this RP there'd a never been any War, which would mean his origins would be much different, so he'd still be alive... Though he'd be Old, I mean REALLY OLD, and Ilkan would be alot Younger then him, just past his prime actually, geuss he'll be my Main Guy, Ilkanaroi... Him and the alternates of the Guy's from the Zep. {I liked them}
Atleast I got Chicken.
Urbaniacs!
Brains
Loztein
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kraggi on Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:33 pm

I'd like to join!
Kraggi
Keenspot Deity

Postby anti-paragon on Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:36 pm

Kraggi wrote:I'd like to join!

Sure Kraggi! We've already got a character all set up for you! with a house and everything!

Renkore wrote:Weird, but Ith was just pretending to follow Sanje, he followed Morfazar, (Which explains quite abit of the stuff he done that we never got to in the RP) didn't you know?

Yes, but they form the Voltron of knowledge, and would therefore know and spank your bottom.
anti-paragon
Keenspot Deity

Postby Loztein on Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:36 pm

Kraggi wrote:I'd like to join!

Que? Your not in yet? That's bizzare!
Atleast I got Chicken.
Urbaniacs!
Brains
Loztein
Keenspot Juggernaut

Next

Return to Mayhem